• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Infinite Jump Knees?

M3zm3r1z3

Smash Apprentice
I did do that infinite jump with the knee once

also I found out you can sweet spot knee if you short hop jump off the ledge(where you're hanging off the ledge and you press down and rejump), I tested it in 1/4th time though but could only do it one time so far in 1x speed.

Krigar

Smash Rookie
For anyone that hasn't read about the reason behind the phenomenon, this is how it goes very simply:

If you knee animation COMPLETELY finishes right before you touch the ground, then you can do a double jump again if you press jump a little before the end of the knee animation (thus buffering the jump). Pretty much it doesn't do much at all. I was hoping it would allow us to jump-cancel the laggy part of the knee as we land,but it doesn't do that. Since your knee has to be finished and you have to be nearly skimming the ground already, there's almost no point in trying to set this up, simply performing a jump as you touch the ground works virtually the same.

It's also incredibly hard to perform intentionally. Howver, if you get in the habit of hitting jump as you land from an aerial (like L-canceling with L or R in melee) then you may be able to produce this on occasion just by sheer luck/randomness (it might help for stringing nairs together maybe?).

CombatWing

Smash Rookie
I'm new to this and I don't get this at all... haha...I don't even know whay dair,fair,nair,ect means...

Krigar

Smash Rookie
I'm new to this and I don't get this at all... haha...I don't even know whay dair,fair,nair,ect means...
They're just a quick way to say Forward-aerial, Down-aerial, Neutral-aerial, etc. The same goes for smashes and titls (ftilt, dtilt, fsmash, dmash..)

And yeah, my explanation in my previous post probably makes no sense, but pretty much this technique is not going to be effective for us. If Captain Falcon were trying to act like a bouncy ball by jumping after each attack, then performing this technique would let you jump like 4 inches before you actually touch the ground. It sounds nice, but the conditions require to make this happen are insane.

A2ZOMG

Smash Legend
NNID
A2ZOMG
Switch FC
SW 8400 1713 9427
It's good for Bowser who gets to approach with a grab, but I don't see why it would be that useful for Falcon. Or most chars for that matter. *shrug*

KeyKid19

Smash Ace
actually now that I think about it if Dair could be infinite jumped, i believe it would be really useful
Not really. The difference between doing this and just repeating the auto-cancel would be so small it wouldn't matter.

Ayaz18

Smash Champion
Not really. The difference between doing this and just repeating the auto-cancel would be so small it wouldn't matter.
I should have elaborated more clearly, why I think it' would be better then the knee is because of chain-grabbers. Because your in air I believe they can't grab you but the Dair should connect to give him/her 14% rather than a knee that wouldn't connect against CG

Top Bottom