• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Infection! Mini-Adventure Game (0 Hours till Dawn) The bomb has dropped

Eor

Banned via Warnings
BRoomer
This is a mini-adventure game that I decided to create while we wait for Evil Eye to come back. And I have set it up so that it will be short.

Welcome to Constantinoplevile, a small town in the middle of a valley in the backwoods of America. It was a peace loving town, except for the military base that was enacted in the woods that surround it. But the military, up to their dastardly schemes, created a Bio-weapon that leaked, causing bloodthirsty zombies to rampage through the base, killing all of them, and then leak out into the town and nearby woods. Very soon the entire valley was overrun. Normally this wouldn't of been bad too bad, as not that many people live in the town, but it turns out that a few hundred people decided to camp in the town during this time, and so now the entire valley is filled with zombies.

You are one of the few survivors, and have to escape the valley. However, the military has blocked all exits out, and have enacted full quarantine, ready to shoot anyone dead. The entire town is on lockdown, no one gets out and no one gets in. Worst then that, however, is the fact that the military plans to bomb the entire valley, killing everyone in it. Including you.

The bomb will drop at dawn. It's currently 6:30 PM. You have one night to find a way out of the valley and escape the bloodthirsty horde that is after your flesh.

I have several maps created for this, but I'm going to be touching them up before I post them. Rules are the same as any adventure game, if you don't know them read the Fog thread, though I assume most people who will sign up for this will know them. And I will accept IM actions. My aim is Kielbasa75013 and NoSurprises23, I have them linked so I'm on both.

Differences, however, are that this is more for fun. There is no insanity, and most roles will be the same. Not much fun to be an out of shape man during a zombie invasion. And for no story reason other then gameplay, I have traps set up. They won't be invisible traps, but be warned. Bear Traps will be the more obvious ones. Trip wires in a tunnel that send blades to cut people in half will be a little more difficult to see.

Ten slots are open, but that's just an estimate. More can join if they want, though I will cap it after a while.

And just a warning, this won't be an easy game. Remember, zombie movies rarely have much survivors, if any live at all. Expect a rough night.

1. Virgilijus
2. Spam_Master
3. Mediocre
4. TMW_Redcell
5. KevinM
6. Marshigo
7. McCloud
8. Pythag
9. Handorin
10. -Chad-
11. Tom
12. Wikipedia
13. Hyperdragon

INTERESTING THINGS ABOUT THE GAME

Just things I want you to all know. Has no story reason for you to know, but it makes the game better.

1. The military has the place completely surrounded and watched. Remember that.
2. A single bite will infect someone. How long it takes to turn someone is unknown, however there are several Anti-Viral Cures hidden across the map. These cures are shots, and when used (on a vein) they stop the infection from all bites up to that moment. They won’t do anything about the wound, just the bite. It doesn’t stop any future bites from infection, and won’t work on a person already zombified. These cures will be rare and hard to find, but work 100% of the time.
3. To kill a zombie, destroy the brain. A shot to the head or crushing the skull will work. Anything else will not kill a zombie.
4. Zombie blood will not infect you unless you get a large amount of it in your body. Having some blood splat on your face is fine. Having a zombie get stabbed above you and have the blood pour into your mouth is not.
5. You cannot survive the bomb blast, no matter where you are. Don’t try to make an underground shelter or find one.
6. You are all in this together, you’re all on the same side. However, your only goal is to escape yourself. If you’re a sole survivor, or if everyone wins, it’s the same to you. But this is just about, if not fully, impossible to do on your own. Be a team player.
7. One possible escape plan has steps you must take. I gave you a clue as to the first one in the story. It’s not the bird.
8. The military will not harm you if you’re in the valley. Don’t worry about them overhearing you and stopping you or things like that.
9. There are both fast and slow zombies. Predominantly slow.
10. Zombies have arms too, and they will reach and try to eat you if they can.
11. Every one of you can fly a plane.

MAP OF THE TOWN

Mediocre

Ziz
BRoomer
Oh, for sure.

But a few preliminary questions. Do we start as a group, or are we all separate? Do we have any means of communication outside of plain speech? Will cell phones and such be working, or is the government blocking cell phone transmissions in the area? Or perhaps this is before cell phones were even around?

Really, I'm just asking what situation we'll be facing at the start of the game.

Eor

Banned via Warnings
BRoomer
You start out in several different places. Some of you will be together, some won't. You won't find out until the game starts, though.

And for radios, I'm not sure. No private radio frequencies for this, but that's because you guys aren't against each other and you have nothing to really hide, plus it helps with the feeling of being isolated. You did all have cell phones, but surprisingly you all lost yours today and can never find them again.

I'm still thinking about how radios work. Either you'll have personal radios, or you'll have big radios, and one person will carry it around. I'll let you know.

Also, food is not required for this game. However, water can help re-energize you, though you can't die of thirst, and not drinking water won't hurt you either.

Eor

Banned via Warnings
BRoomer
And just so none of you die too fast (I fully expect you to all die, however), there will be both fast and slow zombies. Predominantly slow, though.

Eor

Banned via Warnings
BRoomer
Considering that the entire place will be bombed, no. No one has to survive. It's all up to you

Eor

Banned via Warnings
BRoomer
I don't know how to do anything like that, or really know what IRC is beyond some way to talk to people, but if you can set it up then make me the runner of it, then sure. Maybe. Talk more about it?

edit: on aim

Eor

Banned via Warnings
BRoomer
So yes, the IRC idea is out. Regular thread talk

Eor

Banned via Warnings
BRoomer
We have the ten people, so the game will start really soon. But, anyone can still join, so go grab people.

Eor

Banned via Warnings
BRoomer
Game will probably start later tonight. If you still want to join, say so, even a few days after the game starts, and I'll place you somewhere.

tmw_redcell

ULTRA GORGEOUS
BRoomer
Hey yeah, if we get killed early, can we rejoin as a new player would? Although I will still try to survive.

Eor

Banned via Warnings
BRoomer
I'm not intent on killing anyone off. You'll do that on your own.

And because the zombies will be controlled by me, I need you to be very specific on where you move/do. Don't say "Run into ballroom", say "Run into ballroom and slam the door shut", or "Run into the ballroom the middle", or "run into the ballroom and go to the cupboard". Because if a zombie is in the cupboard, or zombies will break through the windows, I need to know where you are so you don't die randomly, or so that you don't cheat death. I have the majority of possibilities planned out, and the rest will go logically. In said scenario, I know that the zombies will break through the windows. So if you say "the windows", you'll be dragged out and eaten. if you say "middle", you'll see the zombies coming, and because you didn't close the door they'll come in there as well.

And I'm writing up role PMs now and planning on where you start. Maps will be uploaded shortly.

Eor

Banned via Warnings
BRoomer
Welcome to Constantinopleville, Pop: Outdated.

A small town in the Midwest of America, it started as a lumber outpost, funded by the wealthy Love family, who emigrated from England at the turn of 20th century. The lumber outpost was abandoned thirty years later, however, when it was realized that the valley was the only living home of the Romero Cardinal. With their lumber business gone, the Love Family decided to turn the post into a full fledged town, and so Constantinopleville was created. The population grew steadily before capping out a few years ago, and was in a slight recession before the outbreak.

The Love family, the virtual owners of the valley, leased the northern part of it to the US military twenty years ago, who quickly built up a base there for research. When the Love’s oldest son became of age and received his doctorate from his university, he enlisted and was placed at the military base. Things went well for the town.

A week ago, however, the son didn’t return from base to go home. The Love family was worried, but assumed that he was just working later. As the days past, however, people began to get worried, as no one returned from the base.

Last night, gunshots were heard. Everyone was scared, but no one knew what to do. In the morning, the son came home to the Love mansion, his clothes dried with blood, and immediately ran inside. No one say him again.

A few hours later, a bleeding hunk of flesh that barely resembled a human walked into the dollar store. Everyone immediately rushed to the injured man, trying to do what they could, but as soon as the first person got close enough, the red hands wrapped themselves around the woman and pulled her close as his teeth ripped into her neck. Then the screams began.

As the sun set, the few living people left ran. Some tried to escape the valley, but they found a roadblock. The military told them to go back, and when they refused they opened fire, killing all but a few who managed to run away.

Fifteen minutes ago, you all heard someone on the radio. It was a military transmission to the base that apparently went awry. It warned any possible survivors them that the valley was in complete quarantine, and that the military was going to enact Plan Gomorrah, specifically by dropping 500 tons of incendiary bombs and ten MOAB bombs. A cleanup crew would then arrive the next day to make sure everyone was dead. The clarification and name of the plan left little doubt as to what it meant. But dying doesn’t seem like a good thing to you.

It’s 6:30 PM. You have twelve hours to escape the valley. The roads are blocked, and the valley is surrounded by military, ready to shoot everyone dead.

You do not know the number of infected, but it had to be in the hundreds.

You better get going.

Wikipedia

Smash Lord
┏━-━━━━━┓
┏┫  | |   ┣┓  ┏┓ 
┗┫━━ ┃ ━━ ┣┛  ┣┫ 
 ┃ ━━━━━ ┃ ┏┳┫┣┳┓ 
 ┗━━┳━┳━━┛ ┃   
━━━━┃ ┃    ┗━┳┳━

^map of the town?^

Eor

Banned via Warnings
BRoomer
People are here?

I'm uploading that at the same time that I'm sending out PMs about what you see.

Also, wikipedia has a car fall on him.

Eor

Banned via Warnings
BRoomer
Just a rehash of the rules, to make sure.

-You can't post in the thread unless you or your group has a radio. Unless specifically stated, you and your group have a working radio, though I believe I did tell everyone they did. You can whisper people by PMing them if you're close, or on aim, but either way you have to send the PM/chatlog to me as well. If you can't post the entire chatlog, upload it, or send it in parts.

-No editing at any time.

-Bold your actions

- I accept actions from thread, PMing, or IMing. However, if there is a difference in your PM/IM and thread actions, I'll follow the PM/IM action and just assume you were lying to everyone else.

-Be specific.

Wikipedia

Smash Lord
I can't figure out if there is a clue in having the town named after Constantinople or in having Eor name the main family after his own last name. Maybe there is a clue in the Gomorrah bit because Abraham begged God to not destroy the city if you could find even 1 worthy soul. Maybe we need to find an Abraham character so that he will be able to save us.

Top Bottom