• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Inevitable 2008: DC- Mem,Tenn -5.31.08 Melee up date

industry

Smash Cadet
Inevitable 2K8: DamageCon- Memphis,Tn- 5.31.08- Updated

Inevitable 2008: DamageControl

2 Day countdown begins and all roads lead to MEMPHIS.
MAY 31, 2008
Memphis,TN.

Excutive Inn.
3222 Airways Blvd.
(Near the Airport 5 min drive)
Shuttle Available

With full list of Details and Registration.

Money is on the line once again in Memphis...

Come celebrate The last weekend of Memphis in May Festival.

YouTube: Mind4Media
__________________________________________________ _______
Confirmed Titles:

Madden '08

Tekken 5 DR (Main Event)

Guilty Gear AC plus: (Main Event)
Please go to the Tournament Listings forum and check out the update

or go Here !!

http://www.dustloop.com/forums/showthread.php?t=4439

Smash bros. Brawl (Main Event)

Smash Bros Melee 2v2 (teams) (Voted in by popular demand)

Rumble Fish (Free Entry Cash Tournament)

Marvel Vs Capcom 2(Voted in by popular demand)

Capcom vs SNK2(Voted in by popular demand)

Virtua Fighter 5
http://virtuafighter.com/forums/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=197368#Post197368

We want your input on another title to make this the the hype what will it be? just reply!!

Street Fighter 3: Third Strike
http://forums.shoryuken.com/showthread.php?t=150992

Mor info to come real soon!!​

Handorin

Smash Hero
Psh, I didnt think Sleepy was serious. I got seconds if he doesnt go.

SleepyK

Banned via Administration
a midsouth tournament? with teaming with tom potential?

i'm as serious as IHSB's ***** is long.

industry

Smash Cadet
Wow!! I am impressed with the response on the smash so any suggestions or request that you all may have please send/reply.
We want to make this as big as possible to blow the Tennessee scene up.
The venue will be spacious and we have extra events and stuff going on...
It is our hope to bring the entire TN community together and be recognized and a mini major.
So let the Extreme hype commence.

industry

Smash Cadet
Hey guys we need setups and tv's so if you have set up and a tv PM me and I will get you the proper details and discount. Holla

Also If you guys wana do a team tourney I need to see a bigger response get people to this forum and post we want to know who is serious so we can establish this scene with some respect...

Holla back!!

Tom

Bulletproof Doublevoter
BRoomer
I think the best thing for this tournament would be if we got an S-mod to move this topic from Tournament Listings to Atlantic South, that way the South community would see it. If its alright with industry, I'll contact one and ask him to move it. Im sure you'll get more of a turnout if its in that section.

Baky

Smash Journeyman
I need a link. I'm sure Mooks and the other people around where I live would want to go, so of course I'll try to.

but yeah...need a link to their site.

Baky

Smash Journeyman
Apparently March 7th a website would be released with all the information. I was just wondering about that site so I can compile some ideas.

industry

Smash Cadet
Hey Guys sorry for the delayed response things have been really busy getting everything prepared for this event. We have been working on some big changes and did not want the site to start-up incomplete.

So like a Smash the release date has been pushed back BUT don worry it will be up intime for pre-registration in april.

This will be the most intense tournament of Tennessee.

also if yall wana move this to a more visible place lets do it.

We also need a smash representative to help with prep...any volunteers....

industry

Smash Cadet
A message from your event Organizers

Hey why wait so long til the big battle with out a challenge to see if your ready.
We need 3 volunteers to bring Wii systems and

Super Battle Network
Mini-tournament Exclusive : -Smash Brothers Brawl-
April 12, 2008
At
Funfair Arcade(AKA The Dojo)
In East Memphis @ the corner of Kirby Pkwy and E. Raines Rd.

Venue Fee $7
Entry Cost(pot) $8

first place 70%
second place 30%

"It's get money time people"

Private Message: Industry- with any questions or suggestions do not post them in the forums.

Handorin

Smash Hero
Wow, I didnt realize that place was still open. I never went, but it just looked like it was always closed. XD

Jimbo_G

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
0920-1016-4491
Any chance we could get an exact address to the April 12th event for us who don't live a few minutes away?

industry

Smash Cadet
MiniSmashCompetiton- Rules corrected for standardization

April 12, 2008
Fun Fair Arcade
6475 E. Raines Rd.
Memphis, TN. 38115​
More details on www.myspace.com/sbn_memphis

Thank you all for your support

Laws of Smash

So we did our best to get the best Final draft on these rules so gamers it is up to you to help us so we can have an awesome experience. We are not genius’s just gamers like you that want to have a good time. This hopefully will maintain that integrity. If you think there is something that needs to be added please feel free to comment as it will show how organized we all work together for a common cause.

RULES: SMASH BRAWL

GENERAL RULES

1. No stage may be used twice in a single match in a Best-Of-3 or Best-Of-5 Series. Random stages may be used twice in a Best-Of-7 Series
2. Each player can select one level that will not be played during their set of games after the characters have been selected in the first game. Random stages cannot be knocked out.
3. For the first game of a match, a player may call for a double-blind pick. This means that all participating players must tell a judge the character they will use for that game. Each player is required to use that character in the game.
4. After each game of a match, the player who lost the previous game may choose the stage for the next game or elect for it to be chosen randomly. After the stage has been selected, the winner of the previous game may change characters, then the losing player(s) may change characters.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

SINGLES (1v1)
- No items
- Stall tactics banned (DQ inevitable)

Up to Semi-Finals:
- 1v1, 3 stock, 6 Minute Time Limit
- Best of 3 games
- Random Neutral Stage to start

Semi-Finals & Bracket Finals:
- 1v1, 3 stock, 6 Minute Time Limit
- Best of 5 games

Grand Finals:
- 1v1, 3 stock, 8 Minute Time Limit
- Best of 7 games

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

DOUBLES (2v2) (if there are 10 or more teams this will happen)
- No items
- Stall tactics banned (DQ inevitable)
- Team Attack on
- Life Stealing on

Up to Semi-Finals:
- 2v2, 3 stock, 6 Minute Time Limit
- Best of 3 games

Semi-Finals & Bracket Finals:
- 2v2, 3 stock, 6 Minute Time Limit
- Best of 5 games

Grand Finals:
- 2v2, 3 stock, 8 Minute Time Limit
- Best of 7 games

Neutral Stages
Battlefield
Final Destination
Smashville
Yoshi’s Island

Banned Stages
75m
Big Blue (SSBM)
Brinstar (SSBM)
Electroplankton
Flat Zone 2
Hyrule Temple (SSBM)
Mario Bros.
Mushroomy Kingdom
New Pork City
Onett (SSBM)
Rainbow Cruise (SSBM)
Rumble Falls
Shadow Moses Island
The Summit
WarioWare
Yoshi’s Island (SSBM)

Full Double Elimination: WINNERS and LOSERS brackets. The winners of the LOSERS bracket goes on to challenge the winners of the WINNERS bracket. In order for the winners of the LOSERS bracket to win the tournament(s), they have to defeat the winners of the WINNERS bracket for the duration of 3 FULL MATCHES.

What that means: for the winners of the LOSERS bracket to win the tournament, they will have to defeat the winners of the WINNERS bracket 3 out of 5 and then 3 out of 5 again. Whereas the winners of the WINNERS bracket will only have to defeat the challengers from the LOSERS bracket 3 out of 5.

SEEDING: The top 25% of the bracket will be seeded based on their previous results in SBN Smash Tournaments. The remainder of the bracket will be seeded randomly. Whenever possible, out-of-town players from the same area will not be paired against each other in the opening round.

Also the Wii support is definitly welcomed but please PM- Industry if you plan to bring a TV or equipement thanks.

industry

Smash Cadet
Hey play Guilty Gear/Smash Brothers Brawl and wanna know where the hype matchup are http://www.dustloop.com/forums/showthread.php?t=4439

Checkin and show love there as well help us Hype smash like this!!!

Prereg starts in April for inevitable 2008, the capital gamer event in the Bluff City Region!! Bar none.

the stages not listed are only if your opponent agree's on the stage if there is a dispute then it will result in a default stage selected by the director for the smash tourney's.

PM- Industry with any suggestions or concerns.

Make sure if you plan to attend that you stay connected cause the Hype Boards are going up for smash.

We also have need you to ad us on Myspace peeps this is serious so that you can stay tuned to discounts and details of all our events.

http://www.myspace.com/sbn_memphis

industry

Smash Cadet
These are confirmed tiles for the games:

Tekken 5 DR; PS3

Street Fighter 3: Third Strike; PS2

Guilty Gear AC: PS2

Virtua Fighter 5 ; XBOX

Smash Bros Brawl: Wii

Madden 2008: XBOX

NBA2K8: XBOX

Call Of Duty 4; Teams 4v4: XBOX

Venue HYPE has ARRIVED!

Executive Inn
3222 Airways Blvd.
Memphis, TN 38116

*Pre-reg: $10 (until april 15) the paypal link is on our blog

**Entry Fee: $10 per game singles

$20 per team ( if we do teams.)

***Visitors: $10

Sports/Shooters -

**Games Entry fee: is $15 (singles Only Madden) Correction

$20 (Per Team COD4) (4v4 Teams)

Room Rates start at $45 and up a night, but we will be talking to management about deals this afternoon.

Updates will follow:

* Automatically gives you 6 tickets for the raffle for $100

** Automatically gives you 2 tickets for the raffle for $100

***Automatically gives you 4 tickets for the raffle for $100

Handorin

Smash Hero
So we have to register and pay $10 or 15 then pay an extra $10 for singles, then possible another $10/person for teams?

HiIH

Smash Lord
If only there was a melee tourney to go along with it....

Still considering driving all that way X_X

industry

Smash Cadet
Thanks everone for your support.

So we have to register and pay $10 or 15 then pay an extra $10 for singles, then possible another $10/person for teams?

Hey you guys are awsome for giving us feedback. My name is Cortez aka "Industry" and I although this is my handle my team puts alot of the info under it. so forgive any errors

We have 6 forums that have to be kept up to date and that is why we wana centralize all info or updates to an avenue such as Myspace where many people go and do there networking so for all up dates and staying on par with what we have please feel free to go there. We have quite a large following and we are attempting to make this all understandable as well as organized for you. Our goal also is to give people an avenue to find each other faster by following this path. You will be able to look up new people to play with from our friends list so please go there and add us if you have a page.

www.myspace.com/sbn_memphis

Let's start with the cost.

We have a special pre-reg deal that allows you to save a few dollars and us time on the day of the event. The cost will be pro-rated to $10 instead of $15 until April 15th, 2008. The link that you can use to pay early has been posted. The venue is locked down so you can now even set up your hotel stay if you plan to be in for the entire weekend gaming. So, after April 15, 2008 we will begin Regular registraion and the cost to register will be $15.

Next is the games where you will pay $10 to enter into the games themselves. This is where the pot comes into play for your event.

Pre-registration Example :

Will pre-reg to go to Inevitable 2008 so since he has already filled out the registration paper work way ahead of time, he will have a bagde at the door for him with his name on it. all he has to do is pay for his game which is Smash. The entry Fee for smash is $10. Wills total cost for Registration and game play will be $20.

$10 reg +$10 entry = $20

This means that you will have more time for casuals and we can get started ontime.
It also shows our sponsors that our scene means business and they will give us cooler ****(pardon my french!!)

Regular Registraion Example:
Regular registraion will be most likely at the door unless done online and the cost to registar will be $15.

So here is how this scenario goes.

John comes to regular registration after thinking about this for since forever(or he just didn't have the time). John will pay $15 to register during the regular registration and then 10 for the games he choose's. If he is just playing Smash then his cost will be

$15 reg+ $10 entry = $25.

The biggest difference will be that you don't have to wait in line as long and you can get your warm-ups, mm's and other random stuff out the way. (IMO) I hate at other big tourney's when I don't get to play some casuals or what not before the big battle.

Teams Example;

Jay and Chris plan to play smash as a team. The team cost is $20(so $10 for each guy).
Jay pre reg but forgot or did not add Chris to the payment.
Jay wants to play some singles (Tekken, Guilty) games and a the Smash a teams
Chris may just want to play teams Smash

Jay pre-reg and then picks smash teams, and tekken

Pre Reg $10
Tekken $10
Smashh 2v2-$10 (Pending Chris's Payment)

$10+$10+$10= $30 bucks

Chris registers the day of or during regular reg time.

Registration $15
Smash 2v2- $10

$15 + $10= $25 bucks

So we are not charging more for teams just regular price per player per for the team game.

So I hope this helps and I apologize for any misunderstanding look forward to the big battle.
Also the rules have been up dated so if you have an issue that other gamers will agree on with them just say the word. No extra-cheap tactics is our goal. This will Be fun.

You guys should get hyped about this scene cause we on the verge of becoming a major with your help this will go down each year and we always running a tournament in the other titles so pump it up...!!

industry

Smash Cadet
Hype This

Was up people's??? Everybody have a great week. Remember April 12th and 19th and 26th
we got Mini-tourneys.More up dates to come and I think we gonna crack out a month to month callendar of events.. Yea this is the most serious organize affair that will take place in our life time in tennesse so help out where you can and watch the boards.

April 12th
Smash Brothers Brawl
(Maybe melee if the support is there!!)

All @
Fun Fair Arcade

April19th
Tekken 5 Dr
Guilty Gear Accent Core

April 26th
Halo 3 (2v2)

More details to come and the hype is year round in Memphis Gaming.
This **** is brought to you smelling good by "Super Battle Network"

www.myspace.com/SBN_memphis

industry

Smash Cadet
Melee and Brawl on the same day OMG!!!!!!

Hey guys I know it is still premature but if you would like to take advantage of the pre registration cost please do so here.

https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webs...y_code=USD&lc=US&bn=PP-BuyNowBF&charset=UTF-8

We are trying to make this the best and smoothest tournament so with your help we will attain this goal. When you pre-register it will allow us to have your infomation bracket placement and of the stuff you don't care about taken care of for you. When you get to the venue all you will have to do is:
Signin and get your badge
Pay for your games
Check your bracket placement
Enjoy some casuals until game time.

or you can wait til the day of and stand in line I personally hate this option cause it takes awhile when there is 80 people in front of you!!Then you will have a small reg form we need from you to put your info into the bracket.

your choice the Count Down has begun. Thanks All.

Roxas Org XIII

Smash Apprentice
Next time you make a tourney post the time.... lol i was at the funfair arcade for like 2 hours!! Btw when are you gonna have the vids and results up?

MelodiousNocturne

Smash Rookie
Org. XIII will be there.

Hopefully this time we can bring more than Vexen, Ino, Roxas, Luxia and I. We have potentially 8 more, but who knows what will come up.

Vexen

Smash Rookie
Obviously I'll be there and I'm feeling some melee doubles this time around for inevitable as well as brawl for me. Sounds good! May is gonna be the month to end all months

industry

Smash Cadet
Hey Check this out!!!

God shined a little light on my head and said let everyone register for the $10

I asked God will he tell everyone He told me that it is not on his job description.

So I am telling every one that the registration fee is now $10 + $!0 per game you enter!!!

INEVITABLE 2008: DC

TENNESSEE WILL BE TO CRUNK

Other TN EVENTS you should be at

Brawl for a cause:: MAY 10:: By Runaway 7

K.I.T. : JULY12 by East TN players

3GOD

Smash Ace
So, what time is the Brawl tournament starting? I see the date is May 31, but I cannot find the time anywhere (I looked on the myspace page too).

I'm interested in coming and maybe bringing some people if I can find out when it is.

Top Bottom