• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Individual Character Poll: (Poll Extravaganza BOOM BOOM! Top 10 Most Voted!)

yes: Balloon Fighter, Bandana Dee, Takamaru, K rool, Ridley (top 3 most wanted), Isaac, Corrin, Sora, Ice Climbers, Paper Mario, Ivysaur, Squirtle

no: Pichu, Mach Rider, Shovel Knight, Lip, Bayonetta, "RSG", Shantae

indifferent: Krystal, Wolf, Young Link, Prince Sable

Shantae sure has a LOT of yes votes. . .she also happens to have twice as many total votes as the other 3 so im just a little suspisious

YoshiandToad

Smash Hero
Indifferent to Squirtle and Ivysaur. They're some of my favourite cut veterans but I don't see their inclusion as entirely necessary.
No to Sable. He's an AT. Next Smash? Sure.
NO to Shantae.

Shantae sure has a LOT of yes votes. . .she also happens to have twice as many total votes as the other 3 so im just a little suspisious
Yeah, isn't that odd? That doesn't smell fishy at all.

Did a Shantae fan link that one poll(and only that one) to another website, or has someone been voting on multiple devices? Either way I don't trust it to be accurate with such a difference to the others.

Logo12

Smash Lord
Somewhere without a Smash community. Send hlep
NO to Shantae.

Yeah, isn't that odd? That doesn't smell fishy at all.

Did a Shantae fan link that one poll(and only that one) to another website, or has someone been voting on multiple devices? Either way I don't trust it to be accurate with such a difference to the others.
Feels like cheating for me... but that means even the High Security doesn't even work?

GhostlyLure

Smash Lord
NNID
GhostlyLureioi
Wow, Krystal is getting alot of hate for no apparent reason. Good thing there's no, no's in the real ballot.

The moment someone actually gives me a legitimate reason other than you being petty because "muh furry" character double-standard, ill eat this hat.

Im fine with all these characters, none will actually ruin the game for me, so i gave the ones idc for or i think dont have a chance an indifferent. Yes to the rest.
I don't like Krystal as a character HOWEVER I think most arguments against her are realllllllly stupid quite similar to Bandana Dee

NO: Shantae, Squirtle

INDIFFERENT: Prince Sable...I need to really know the character b4 I say Yes or No

Yes: Ivysaur I love this little guy

Mikegamer0608

Smash Lord
NNID
Mikegamer0608
Yes: Bandana Dee, Issac, King K Rool, Krystal, Shantae, Sora, Takamaru, Wolf
No: Bayonetta, Corrin, Ivysaur, Mach Rider, Pichu, Reckless Safety Man, Ridley, Squirtle
Indifferent: Balloon Fighter, Ice Climbers, Lip, Paper Mario, Prince of Sable, Shovel Knight, Young Link

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
I just feel Krystal needs some more focus and that wolf should come first. Bandanna dee all the way though.

Mikegamer0608

Smash Lord
NNID
Mikegamer0608
Yes: Bandana Dee, Issac, King K Rool, Krystal, Shantae, Sora, Takamaru, Wolf, Dixie Kong, Cloud Strife
No: Bayonetta, Corrin, Ivysaur, Mach Rider, Pichu, Reckless Safety Man, Ridley, Squirtle, Hawlucha
Indifferent: Balloon Fighter, Ice Climbers, Lip, Paper Mario, Prince of Sable, Shovel Knight, Young Link, Excitebiker

smashkirby

Smash Hero
Yes: Balloon Fighter, Bandana Dee, Dixie Kong, Excitebiker, Ice Climbers, Isaac, Ivysaur, King K. Rool, Krystal, Lip, Mach Rider, Pichu, Prince Sable, Ridley, Shantae, Squirtle, Takamaru, Wolf, Young Link

No: Bayonetta

Indifferent: Cloud, Paper Mario, Reckless Safety Man, Shovel Knight, Sora, Hawlucha

I know. I'm...odd:ohwell:

Last edited:

Aetheri

W/E happens don't panic...
Switch FC
SW-3397-5428-2304
getting there....no, NO's for today's votes...still waiting for midna, impa and dark samus bee tee dubs

Cloud - yes - Not gonna lie I think he'd be fun in a smash style environment (I would actually prefer Tifa over him but eh, that Dolphin Kick and Final Heaven, but I guess Omnislash is cool too, even though we have about 8 different character with a similar Final Smash, but still) think of this as a soft yes, as opposed to 'zOMG ABSOLUTELY MUST HAVE!!!!'

Excitebiker - INDIFFERENT - To think we could've gotten him instead of the Ice Climbers...in hindsight he'd seem a bit of an oddity compared to them since they actually look like they're ready to fight, where as he looks like he's ready for some sick flips...It would be cool to have a proper 3D model Assist Trophy of the excitebiker, he'd be like Wario's bike except showy-er

Dixie Kong - INDIFFERENT - Wouldn't complain, although I'd vastly prefer KKR over her for the sake of variation within the series...I mean she's kind of a sidekick for a sidekick....but hair twirling...and stuff...

Hawlucha - YES!!! -hmmm...so let me get this straight....we are talking about a Mexican Luchadoresque wrestling Bird of Prey with an emphasis on aerial mobility and flashy showmanship while still being able to deliver powerful attacks such as Close Combat and it's signature dual-typed Flying Press? HECK YES!!!...no one else is reminded of the Rito from WW? no?

----

YES
-Wolf
-Ice Climbers
-King K Rool
-Ridley
-Krystal
-Shantae
-Cloud Strife
-Hawlucha

INDIFFERENT
-Isaac
-Bandana Dee
-Balloon Fighter
-Mach Rider
-Takamaru
-Prince Sable
-Excitebiker
-Dixie Kong

NO
-Bayonetta
-Paper Mario
-Reckless Safety Man
-Sora
-Shovel Knight
-Young Link
-Lip
-Pichu
-Squirtle
-Ivysaur

Last edited:

StormC

Smash Hero
Yeah I think Cloud could be really fun in a Smash game, what with the Materia system and all that. I'd way rather have him than a generic drone like Black Mage to represent Final Fantasy.

SegaNintendoUbisoft

The Amateur Artist
NNID
S.N.U0203
3DS FC
4725-8740-7336
Yes: King K.Rool, Wolf, Isaac, Ice Climbers, Shantae, Dixie Kong

Indifferent: Bandanna Dee, Krystal, Lip, Mach Rider, Takamaru, Ridley, Paper Mario, Squirtle, Ivysaur, Prince of Sable, Excitebiker, Hawlucha

No: Young Link, Pichu, Shovel Knight, Bayonetta, Reckless Safety Man, Corrin, Sora, Cloud

Quick question @ BluePikmin11 BluePikmin11 . When Rayman comes along, I was thinking of sharing it with our Facebook group, is that okay, or do you want it to be just SmashBoards? I'm fine with either.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
I love all these characters but am indifferent to all 4 today. I prefer k rool, black mage, mach rider, and the other pokmon first, although this 4 could all be good.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
No to Cloud. He's more fitting in a Sony crossover since FF7 is a Playstaion title and a very iconic one. That said I do think Cloud was an alright character. At least in the original. I think the original version of the character was pretty cool. As in before they spent most of the time making him brood. He used to talk smack and was hot headed at times.

Yes to Excitebiker. While I think Mach Rider would be a better choice, both are good choices for a character that would likely stay in a vehicle.

Yes to Dixie Kong. Another memorable character is always welcomed in my book. I think there's enough to use to make Dixie her own fighter without being too similar to Diddy. Doesn't hurt that she's pretty much the most useful in the DKC games like Diddy in some games.

Indifferent to Hawlucha. I'd rather see it in Pokken.

dangeraaron10

Smash Master
Yes to Dixie. K. Rool first, Dixie second. Would love to see them both with a stage however.

Indifferent to Hawlucha. I don't get Hawlucha's fame and he's certainly not on my list of favorite Pokemon or one I'd consider in Smash, but not one I'd be upset with to see in.

No to Excitebiker. I really have no attachment to the IP at all, and can't really see it working for Smash.

No to Cloud. If Square was going to be represented could we at least pick a character that's been on a Nintendo console? Cloud and FF7, while amongst the most popular of FF's, is a Playstation exclusive. I'd take Crono over Cloud any day, but I'd prefer Black Mage or Chocobo because I don't care for any more swordsman (sans Isaac because I want to see his fanbase happy, they're good folks, and at least HE has Earth magic, an element not explored yet in Smash).

YoshiandToad

Smash Hero
No to Cloud.
No to Hawlucha.
Yes to Dixie.
Yes to Excitebiker.

I don't really want to see Square anywhere near Smash honestly. Black Mage is a possible exception, and I can't deny Cloud is a big deal. I just don't like him.

Hawlucha strikes me as the Zoroark of Gen 6. Aka; the moment Gen 7 arrives he'll be quickly forgotten. I'd rather have a Pokemon with more staying power, but we'll see if he's Victini tier or Lucario tier popularity when the next gen rolls in.

Dixie Kong's pretty much who I think of when I think Nintendo Heroines right after Peach, Zelda and Samus. Despite all the female additions this time round, they still somehow left off one of the most important Nintendo heroines.

I was going to vote Indifferent to Excitebiker, but I guess it'd be interesting to see how in the heck he'd work.

ShinyRegice

Smash Lord
Cloud Strife: no, iconic, but had no influence on Nintendo, and I have no connection with him.
Excitebiker: indifferent, not much to say here.
Dixie Kong: yes, a memorable DK protagonist and she definitely has the star power required for Smash.
Hawlucha: no, I don't want any more Pokémon.

Summary of my votes:
Yes: Dixie Kong, Isaac, King K. Rool, Wolf
No: Bayonetta, Could, Corrin, Hawlucha, Lip, Pichu, Reckless Safety Man, Shantae, Shovel Knight, Sora
Indifferent: the rest

Logo12

Smash Lord
Yes
7) Personal favorite: Wolf
6) "I think deserves":
5) "I would happily accept": Pichu, Young Link, Ice Climbers, Squirtle, Ivysaur
4) "I wouldn't complain": BDee, Ridley
Indifferent
3) "I wouldn't care": Balloon Fighter, Mach Rider, Reckless Wiimote Safety Man, Excitebike, Dixie Kong
No
2) "I wouldn't want": Lip, Takamaru, Isaac, Kamui, Sora, Prince Sable, Hawlucha, Cloud
1) Personal Dislikes: Rest of it

Last edited:

StormC

Smash Hero
No to Cloud. If Square was going to be represented could we at least pick a character that's been on a Nintendo console? Cloud and FF7, while amongst the most popular of FF's, is a Playstation exclusive. I'd take Crono over Cloud any day, but I'd prefer Black Mage or Chocobo because I don't care for any more swordsman (sans Isaac because I want to see his fanbase happy, they're good folks, and at least HE has Earth magic, an element not explored yet in Smash).
Cloud has Earth magic too, y'know. ;)

PreedReve

Smash Journeyman
Yes: Bandana Dee, Lip, Pichu, Shovel Knight, Bayonetta, Reckless Safety Man, Ice Climbers, Squirtle, Ivysaur, Shantae

No: Krystal, Wolf, Ridley, Paper Mario, Cloud Strife, Hawlucha

Indifferent: Balloon Fighter, King K. Rool, Mach Rider, Takamaru, Young Link, Isaac. Corrin, Sora, Prince Sable, Exitebiker, Dixie Kong

Last edited:

MacDaddyNook

Smash Lord
My Votes

YES
Dixie Kong
Ivysaur (the only Pokemon I can accept making it in since there are too many already)
Shantae

NO
Prince of Sable
Hawlucha
Cloud
Excitebike

INDIFFERENT
Squirtle (Gets a pass for being unique in Brawl, so I'd tolerate its inclusion, but I still rather keep it out too)

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
Voted yes for Dixie (I'd like to see a Donkey Kong character as DLC, even if I'd prefer K. Rool) and indifferent for the other three (haven't played enough of Hawlucha's or Cloud's games to feel particularly strong either way, and while Mario Kart 8's DLC got me interested in seeing an Excitebike stage in Smash Bros, I don't feel as excited about the character).

yes: Balloon Fighter, Bandana Dee, Takamaru, K rool, Ridley , Isaac, Corrin, Sora, Ice Climbers, Paper Mario, Ivysaur, Squirtle, Dixie Kong

no: Pichu, Mach Rider, Shovel Knight, Lip, Bayonetta, "RSG", Shantae, Excite Biker, Cloud, Hawlucha

indifferent: Krystal, Wolf, Young Link, Prince Sable

Im going to start bolding and/or underlining characters I really want/dont want

~Krystal~

True American Heroine
Eventually, I'm going to convert this list to roster image format. It's starting to get out of hand.

Yes: Krystal, Lip, Bandana Waddle Dee, Bayonetta, Ridley, Ice Climbers, Paper Mario, Shantae, Cloud Strife, Excitebiker, Dixie Kong

Indifferent: Mach Rider, King K. Rool, Wolf, Pichu, Balloon Fighter, Isaac, Corrin/Kamui, Prince Sable

No: Takamaru, Young Link, Shovel Knight, Reckless Safety Man, Sora, Squirtle (Not Blastoise), Ivysaur (Not Venusaur, why bother?), Hawlucha

BluePikmin11

Akko is my dear daughter!
NNID
blue

SegaNintendoUbisoft

The Amateur Artist
NNID
S.N.U0203
3DS FC
4725-8740-7336
Yes: King K.Rool, Wolf, Isaac, Ice Climbers, Shantae, Dixie Kong, Wonder Red, Bomberman

Indifferent: Bandanna Dee, Krystal, Lip, Mach Rider, Takamaru, Ridley, Paper Mario, Squirtle, Ivysaur, Prince of Sable, Excitebiker, Hawlucha, Muddy Mole

No: Young Link, Pichu, Shovel Knight, Bayonetta, Reckless Safety Man, Corrin, Sora, Cloud, Lyn

Logo12

Smash Lord
The choices unevitably expanded into some less-known characters and the number of polls is already too big for a new user to come and actually have the interest/time/whatever to fill them all in.

Yes
7) Personal favorite: Wolf
6) "I think deserves":
5) "I would happily accept": Pichu, Young Link, Ice Climbers, Squirtle, Ivysaur
4) "I wouldn't complain": BDee, Ridley, Bomberman
Indifferent
3) "I wouldn't care": Balloon Fighter, Mach Rider, Reckless Wiimote Safety Man, Excitebike, Dixie Kong
No
2) "I wouldn't want": Lip, Takamaru, Isaac, Kamui, Sora, Prince Sable, Hawlucha, Cloud, Lyn, Muddy Mole
1) Personal Dislikes: Rest of it

Mikegamer0608

Smash Lord
NNID
Mikegamer0608
Yes: Bandana Dee, Issac, King K Rool, Krystal, Shantae, Sora, Takamaru, Wolf, Dixie Kong, Cloud Strife, Wonder Red, Bomberman
No: Bayonetta, Corrin, Ivysaur, Mach Rider, Pichu, Reckless Safety Man, Ridley, Squirtle, Hawlucha, Lyndis
Indifferent: Balloon Fighter, Ice Climbers, Lip, Paper Mario, Prince of Sable, Shovel Knight, Young Link, Excitebiker, Muddy Mole

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Yes to Wonder Red and Bomberman, no to lyn and indifferent to muddy mole.

PreedReve

Smash Journeyman
Yes: Bandana Dee, Lip, Pichu, Shovel Knight, Bayonetta, Reckless Safety Man, Ice Climbers, Squirtle, Ivysaur, Shantae, Wonder Red, Bomberman

No: Krystal, Wolf, Ridley, Paper Mario, Cloud Strife, Hawlucha

Indifferent: Balloon Fighter, King K. Rool, Mach Rider, Takamaru, Young Link, Isaac. Corrin, Sora, Prince Sable, Exitebiker, Dixie Kong, Lyndis, Muddy Mole

I almost said yes to Lyndis and Muddy Mole but with Lyndis, I can't really see Nintendo making her any different then Marth/Lucina. As for Muddy Mole, I've never played his game, so I don't know what he can bring to the table.

Top Bottom