• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Indie Fighters!

OcarinaSnivy

Smash Cadet
INDIE FIGHTERS!
A game where Indie's most iconic Indie mascots fight against each other in a Smash Bros-like game!
The goal is to tribute Indie games by the success of certain games.

Game Link: http://gamejolt.com/games/indie-fighters/149332

What's next?
I have quite a lot of things planned for this game. I am bringing in Indie games where at least one person is familiar with. Similar titles like BIT. TRIP, Super Meat Boy, The Binding of Isaac, Cave Story, Freedom Planet, Undertale, VVVVVV, and more!

Any plans?
Well I do plan on adding a few modes that will add replay value to the game. After all, it's a Smash Bros-like game, like I said, that turns the tables around from mainstream Nintendo to Indie all-stars.

Q&A Time!
If you have any questions, I'll gladly like to answer them!

That's all for today! Please be patient of what's yet to come. I am gonna work real hard on this, wish me luck!

Next Character Hint:
Another knight will join the fray, this one uses lightning bolts.

Last edited:

OcarinaSnivy

Smash Cadet

BIT. TRIP CORE
This is the Commander's Neutral Special in the game. You can shoot this CORE laser in four different directions.
Just like in the game.

Russell_SSB

Smash Journeyman
NNID
MrRussellgro
3DS FC
0662-7159-3567
Switch FC
SW-3345-3263-9133
This looks really cool! I love the way this game looks so far?
Hey, is there anything I can help with?

OcarinaSnivy

Smash Cadet
Sweet! Thanks. :)
May you please send me your rosteryou have planned out so far?
I am very risky when I release the roster to anyone out there. I don't want to spoil anything until the character is confirmed true. Sorry. ^^; Maybe you could start with Commander Video and Meat Boy.

Russell_SSB

Smash Journeyman
NNID
MrRussellgro
3DS FC
0662-7159-3567
Switch FC
SW-3345-3263-9133
I am very risky when I release the roster to anyone out there. I don't want to spoil anything until the character is confirmed true. Sorry. ^^; Maybe you could start with Commander Video and Meat Boy.
Okay. Thanks though. :)
Sorry if it might take me a while, but I will try my best and give you some good ones. I swear.

LeifEriksson

Smash Journeyman
Looks kinda cool. I might check it out when it's done.

I don't have any experience with making sprites or anything so I don't think I can help. Good luck though.

CrossoverMan

Smash Ace
This reminds me of an old game project called "Indie Brawl". It had a similar premise, but had too many super-obscure characters and the game generally wasn't very good. However, this project looks promising. There's certainly more recognisable faces; in fact, I recognise all of them. That's a good start.

OcarinaSnivy

Smash Cadet
This reminds me of an old game project called "Indie Brawl". It had a similar premise, but had too many super-obscure characters and the game generally wasn't very good. However, this project looks promising. There's certainly more recognisable faces; in fact, I recognise all of them. That's a good start.
Thanks for the feedback. Glad you recognize them! I hope I'll try to make the game good as I can. ;)

Last edited:

AlRex

Smash Lord
The only thing I'd say right now is that the stages should have more varied layouts. Other than that, it looks pretty good. I don't want to be that guy who requests a bunch of characters, but this is one I feel is absolutely necessary: Charles Barkley, from "Barkley, Shut Up and Jam Gaiden."

TheAmazingMemer

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Faves3000
3DS FC
4940-5681-4585
The only thing I'd say right now is that the stages should have more varied layouts. Other than that, it looks pretty good. I don't want to be that guy who requests a bunch of characters, but this is one I feel is absolutely necessary: Charles Barkley, from "Barkley, Shut Up and Jam Gaiden."
Where's Bread from I Am Bread? smh

OcarinaSnivy

Smash Cadet

Yes, indeed! There will be color palettes!
The purple color is actually a reference to Commandgirl Video.

Last edited:

OcarinaSnivy

Smash Cadet
Just a quick update. I'll reveal the character maybe later this weekend.

Right now, I'm cleaning the character's pixels so that the low quality sprites are not awful.

Characters left to fix this issue:
  • Meat Boy
  • Shovel Knight
  • Lilac
  • Sans
  • Captain Viridian
  • The Kid

OcarinaSnivy

Smash Cadet
I don't like this kind of games generally but it looks like you are realy working on this game, congratz man, that's awesome
Thanks man! There's times where I'm planning to revamp the gameplay and make stages not-so Omega anymore.

Radical Larry

Smash Lord
NNID
Crimson-Vulcan
3DS FC
1822-3761-9326
Oh my, this is so amazing for this! But there's one character and stage that should get in...

Schlanker Mann and Schlanker Wald...
In other words...

The Slender Man and his Slender Woods.

Also, can I like, be on the development team? I'd like to contribute to this at any cost.

SergeantSnivy

Smash Cadet
Oh my, this is so amazing for this! But there's one character and stage that should get in...

Schlanker Mann and Schlanker Wald...
In other words...

The Slender Man and his Slender Woods.

Also, can I like, be on the development team? I'd like to contribute to this at any cost.
Uh, sorry to break your bubble, but uh, the project is dead and cancelled.

Top Bottom