• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Indiana Brawl Tourney - April 19th

Dastrn

BRoomer
BRoomer
Northern Indiana Brawl Tournament - April 19th
1300 Wooster Road
Winona Lake, IN 46590

Winona Lake is right next to Warsaw, halfway between South Bend and Fort Wayne.
1 hour from South Bend.
40 minutes from Fort Wayne.
2 hours from Indianapolis
3 hours from Chicago
3.5 hours from Columbus, OH.

Registration & Friendlies begin at 10am.
Doubles starts at 11:30am. Singles will probably be starting around 2:30. We should be done by 8pm or so.

Cost:
$10 if you sign up in this thread, $15 if you show up without signing up.
+$10 (or $15 if you didn't pre-register) for doubles per person

Singles and Doubles

I'm renting 2-3 big screens.. I'll need a few more TV's to be brought. Bring a TV and a Wii and get $5 off your tourney fee!

Bring your own Wii's, I only have access to 2 with everything unlocked.

Pools + Double Elimination Brackets
Payouts to Top 3 - Cash money!

RULES:
Best of 3 until finals, which will be best of 5.
3 stock, 6 minute timer
No items
Ties broken by lives, percentages
Each player can ban 1 stage before each set.
Dave's Stupid Rule
Advanced Slob Picks
No controller mods
Bring your own controller. All standard controllers are legal.

Stages:

Neutral:
Final Destination
Delfino Plaza
Lylat Cruise
Battlefield
Yoshi's Story
Smashville

Counterpicks:
Pokemon Stadium 1
Corneria
Halberd
Luigi's Mansion
Green Hill Zone
Great Sea
Mario Circuit
Norfair
Castle Siege
Brinstar
Green Greens
Rainbow Cruise
Bridge of Eldin
Frigate Orpheon
Onett
Hanenbow

Banned:
Everything Else

Who's in?

Overswarm

is laughing at you
I'm not going to lie, this is one of the scariest tournament postings I've seen.

HD TVs?

No doubles?

No stage list?

...why? O_o

Dastrn

BRoomer
BRoomer
something wrong with good tvs?

i said no doubles unless everyone wanted it. I'm not expecting a billion people.
I didn't list the stages because i was at work when i posted it, and i didn't feel like putting it in yet. i said "expect no surprises" meaning standard stages and rules. i just didn't feel like typing it all out.
i'll edit the first post tomorrow when i'm not working, and add the stage list.

Overswarm

is laughing at you
something wrong with good tvs?

i said no doubles unless everyone wanted it. I'm not expecting a billion people.
I didn't list the stages because i was at work when i posted it, and i didn't feel like putting it in yet. i said "expect no surprises" meaning standard stages and rules. i just didn't feel like typing it all out.
i'll edit the first post tomorrow when i'm not working, and add the stage list.
There isn't a standard, and HD TVs generally lag.

Dastrn

BRoomer
BRoomer
If we get 8 2v2 teams to sign up, we'll do it. How's that?

I'm editing the original post now to include stages.

Dastrn

BRoomer
BRoomer
I've got 7 locals confirmed, 4 more saying they think they can make it. I haven't even advertised locally yet. I just finally got the venue to confirm yesterday, and I've been working all weekend, so i haven't put flyers up yet. We had like 70 kids show up for the midnight launch in warsaw just at gamestop, so i could see at least 15-20 more locals showing up if i get the word out. Plus, the college students in town might yield another dozen.

I'm hoping some of the south bend guys (kishes, etc) can come down for it, but i haven't heard back from them yet.

all in all, i'm thinking 30-40 is realistic. 50-60 wouldn't surprise me. The more people sign on now, the more likely people from slightly farther away will show up for it.

B-Run, Jump20x6, and M3D are helping me organize it, but they aren't coming out from the east coast for it. :( 600 miles is apparently too far to play in your brothers smash tourney!

Love to have you Tink!

Overswarm

is laughing at you
But you ARE having TVs other than HD TVs being playable, right? As in, at least we can bring out own?

Teebs

Smash Champion
NNID
Teebs-kun
HDTV's haven't really lagged with Brawl, so I don't think there should be any problem. I play Brawl on a 48" HDTV and I don't notice any lag. I may come, pending money situations.

Overswarm

is laughing at you
HDTV's haven't really lagged with Brawl, so I don't think there should be any problem. I play Brawl on a 48" HDTV and I don't notice any lag. I may come, pending money situations.
....the game doesn't determine lag from HDTVs. It's lag from the conversion of a signal. Your TV may not lag, as some do not, or you may not really notice it. Point is, most HDTVs do lag, which is why I was asking.

Dastrn

BRoomer
BRoomer
Sure, we've got a handful of standard TV's too. Without rentals, I have 4 standard TV's and 2 HD Tvs.

I know that there was conversion lag for the gamecube, but i've been playing wii on both tvs and i haven't noticed a difference, if you put the wii in widescreen mode.

feel free to bring your own setups as well. the more tvs, the more games we can get in.

also, i'll be recording on whichever tv has the finals. it'd be sweet if anyone brings their video cap setup for more of hte tvs.

Dastrn

BRoomer
BRoomer
if that matters to you, i can find a way to get that done. I'm working overtime, so it might be a few days. In row seating, it holds about 180 people in the main room. Standing room for concerts we've had over 300, so space won't be an issue. There's a stage and projector if we wanted to throw up the finals on the projector for the rest of the room to see, but honestly, i plan on having pretty big TV's so that shouldn't be an issue.

There are a few side rooms if we ended up getting a big crowd, so we could always set up extra TV's over there. I think we could get 20 tvs in the main room and 6-8 in each of the side rooms, so we won't have any problems with space.

the floors are carpeted.

lots of restaurants within a mile. Mcdonalds, wendy's, burger king, subway, taco bell, hardees, applebees, ruby tuesday, bennigans, hacienda. lots of coffee shops, but i plan on brewing a few airpots of coffee, so everyone can drink free coffee all day if they want.

we don't share parking with anyone else.

basketball courts outside, and soccer field.

it's a pretty sweet venue for pretty much any event.

Dastrn

BRoomer
BRoomer
another local confirmed, and i got another maybe. looks like we'll have at least 10, if i don't advertise at all and no one from the boards shows up.

but i'm advertising.

and you all will show up! :)

KishPrime

King of the Ship of Fools
BRoomer
HD's lag. Though, with Component Cables and Game Mode, they are fine by my view.

Dastrn

BRoomer
BRoomer
I haven't noticed any lag, but if they really do, I'll just get standard tv's instead. no big deal.

love to have you come, tim.

Blood_Hawk

Smash Lord
I might check it out. It all depends on if I work that day or not. If no one is gonna come, I'd rather not take the day off of work should I happen to be scheduled to work on the 19th. Then again, it is only 30 mins from Plymouth, so meh. I might show.

If I do decide to come, I would love to have doubles. It would make it far more worth it IMO.

Dastrn

BRoomer
BRoomer
Bring a friend! i think we'll have enough teams to make it happen.

if there's enough interest, i might turn this into a regular thing, like every month or two. so the more people who can come, the better.

Dastrn

BRoomer
BRoomer
i got another local signed on, and another 7 probables. looks like we'll have at least 20 just from warsaw.

Dastrn

BRoomer
BRoomer
cool. if you confirm you are coming in this thread, entry is only $10. Otherwise it's $15.

bring some friends! it's not a bad drive from chicago, especially with friends.

you just get on 30 east and go until you get to warsaw.

daytimeninja

Smash Apprentice
NNID
gavgrego
ME and my friend could probably attend, we just want to know if there are going to be HD's. The last tourney we attended had an HDTV and everyone voted to stop using it due to lag.

For some characters it's not bad, but when your character relies on combos and precise button timing, it sucks. :D

But for sure, just keep this thread updated!

Dastrn

BRoomer
BRoomer
tried to post this 3 times, but it keeps not working...

We'll avoid HDTV's, since that seems to be the general consensus.

Feel free to bring your own TV to setup (and definitely bring your Wii's)

Dastrn

BRoomer
BRoomer
got another local confirmed.

gamestop said we can advertise there, so i'm hoping for a dozen more from the local scene.

we're looking at 30+ at this point.

Overswarm

is laughing at you
got another local confirmed.

gamestop said we can advertise there, so i'm hoping for a dozen more from the local scene.

we're looking at 30+ at this point.
Awesome. Kel and Overswarm will probably be there.

Dastrn

BRoomer
BRoomer
sweet! we'll be glad to have you guys.

3 more locals said they'll probably be there...looking like a good turnout.

Dastrn

BRoomer
BRoomer
Okay sounds good, how many Wii's will be there?
i only have 2 with everything unlocked, maybe 3.

i'll need you all to bring your wiis. I'm hoping to have 12 stations, but if we can only get 8, that'll be ok.

Ultimately the more we get, the faster we can go, which means more friendlies, money matches, and ROB dittos between me and overswarm!

Dastrn

BRoomer
BRoomer
OS, i'll give you a few MM after the tourney.

do you guys want to do doubles first or singles?

also, should we add $10 per person as the doubles entry fee, or should i just split the initial $10 fee up for singles and doubles?

Overswarm

is laughing at you
OS, i'll give you a few MM after the tourney.

do you guys want to do doubles first or singles?

also, should we add $10 per person as the doubles entry fee, or should i just split the initial $10 fee up for singles and doubles?
Most tournaments do

$10 (or $15) for singles
$10 (or $15) for doubles

Doubles is also generally done first.

Tink

Smash Hero
OS said:
Most tournaments do

$10 (or $15) for singles
$10 (or $15) Per Person for doubles

Doubles is also generally done first.
yeah, i know i'm great =). no need to thank.

daytimeninja

Smash Apprentice
NNID
gavgrego
Okay, so if my friend and I register in this thread, will it be 10$ for doubles and singles as a whole? Or 20$
Also, is there a discount on entry fee for bringing a wii? Thanks!

Dastrn

BRoomer
BRoomer
It'll be $10 each per tournament. so if you both come, and you both do singles and doubles, it'll be $20 per person.

no discount for bringing a wii, although if you bring a TV, it'll be 5 bucks off, so you'd pay $15 for entry into both tournaments, not $20.

but either way, BRING A WII!!! i need as many as i can get.

Top Bottom