• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

In Subspace Emissary, did anyone think... [spoilers]

Razorsaw

Smash Apprentice
Okay, this isn't gameplay related, and purely focusing on the story.

Did anyone else but me think the story for the Ancient Minister and the R.O.B.'s was one of the most heartbreaking things you'd ever seen?

Seriously. When those R.O.B.'s stole the Minister's bomb so he could get away? That had me really misting up. But the real punch for me came when the group confronted the Minister, and Ganondorf forced the R.O.B.'s to attack him and then suicide themselves.

It just... it was so soul-crushingly sad.

M.K

Level 55
YES! THANK YOU!

That was heart-wrenching, makes me think that SSE wasn't a complete waste, but it still is, but ROB for the win.

Ryo242

Smash Ace
...Sniffle.
Though, I did call that Ancient Minister was R.O.B. about a couple minutes before hand...

AvariceX

Smash Champion
NNID
AvariceX
3DS FC
1177-8001-5699
I have to agree. I was more than surprised at the emotional level of that scene. Never expected something like that in Smash Bros of all places.

Roy-Kun

Smash Ace
3DS FC
2337-4154-9016
The background music had also a sad tone.

It was indeed to show some sadness, but then when the Minister counterattacks (R.O.B.), then heroic music is back =D

But yes, I kind of founded it sad.

Circus

Rhymes with Jerkus
BRoomer
It was sad, I guess. But not that sad. Not exactly an Oscar-worthy tear-jerker. I felt kind of bad, but to be honest, I never cared much for the ROBs anyway. And I cared more about the Ancient Minister back when he was the Ancient Minister.

I don't know. There was certainly something to it, but overall, not that emotional.

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
What I found upsetting is that even though Sonic joins to stop Tabuu, he gets pushed away during the fight. I had absolutely no luck damaging Tabuu with Sonic on my first time using him. Fortunately, I improved with him afterwards.

Top Bottom