• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

In Soviet Russia, Yoshi boards discuss TL?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chaco

Never Logs In
LOL Second one of the day. Shiri's gonna flip.

If you are from another character board, I need you to read this part; it's very important. Please please please do not post in here about actual matchup stuff or make your own matchup threads on these boards. Please just don't. If you want to see a matchup thread that hasn't been made yet, post here instead. If your boards are discussing the Yoshi matchup, please post here or in the individual matchup thread. Do not make threads just saying, "The (insert character here) boards are discussing Yoshi. I will infract hard and unendingly.

nicalobe

Smash Journeyman
I agree with Metatitan, Shiri is being unreasonable when he asks members of other boards to not start new threads about character match ups. I don't think non-Yoshi mains are going to be reading every thread in order to see that warning to not start new threads.

Kiwikomix

Smash Ace
^^
They absolutely should be checking existing matchup threads. That's the first way to get the board's existing thoughts on the matchup, which is what they're already asking for. If I were, for example, looking for the Peach matchup, I would check their thread to see if they had already discussed Yoshi and then use their input as a starting point... it just makes sense.

nicalobe

Smash Journeyman
Yea, but they will get a lot more response from Yoshi players if they start a thread. How often do you read the matchup thread for the random comments? I know I immediately click on the links for vs Mario and whoever and don't waste my time reading how "This thread is so organized!" or "Great idea Shiri!"

Shiri

Smash Chump
:yoshi: Not gonna flip, LOL. It happens.

I don't think it's unreasonable for people to check the first post of another character board's matchup thread. The thread is mainly there for the first post (considering it has the links to all existing threads). I've also adjusted the thread's title so that we can avoid more incidents like this. I think the individual matchup threads that we make also stop people from coming in here maybe two years later and starting a new one when we already have plenty of archived information and writeups to refer to in a homemade thread.

It just makes things a bit easier. Hopefully, posting in our general matchup thread about other boards discussing their matchup with us will be more commonplace. Not going to infract this time because I'm stuffed and in a good mood. ^__^

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom