• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

In need of help with Young Link

Slademj15

Smash Apprentice
Bronx NY, Pasadena California "Tag name: KS13
I'm in need of help doing a trick that's useful to me but I can't do it for some reason.

See I've seen a lot of Young Link videos if him Grabbing the edge, jumping off the edge pulling a bomb, and back on the edge no problem.
I've also seen it with Boomerangs and Arrows too.

I've tried doing that but somehow, I can't grab the edge again. Now I saw a difference between my Young link and the one on the video, The video shows him Jumping from the edge higher than you normally do.

How exactly do you do that?

Each time I do it, It's too short for me so I end up Pressing Up B to get back on the edge.

INSANE CARZY GUY

Banned via Warnings
press the buttons faster sorry but that's all i can say and you should tell us any other problems you have why you are here

Caleb Wolfbrand

Smash Master
it's really as simple as hitting the buttons faster. it can be a hard concept to grasp but if you ever tried to master waveshining or anything of the sort you know how fast melee can be.

are you using back, or down, to drop from the ledge? you can hit either, and you can also use the C stick to let go (back or down) as well, if that makes it easier. If you're using down, make sure you're not fast falling on accident.

What I do is I have my thumb on the b button and my pointy finger on the jump button. that's how I do it. I also do this for some combat stuff too.

about as much advice as I can dish on that one

Slademj15

Smash Apprentice
Bronx NY, Pasadena California "Tag name: KS13
it's really as simple as hitting the buttons faster. it can be a hard concept to grasp but if you ever tried to master waveshining or anything of the sort you know how fast melee can be.

are you using back, or down, to drop from the ledge? you can hit either, and you can also use the C stick to let go (back or down) as well, if that makes it easier. If you're using down, make sure you're not fast falling on accident.

What I do is I have my thumb on the b button and my pointy finger on the jump button. that's how I do it. I also do this for some combat stuff too.

about as much advice as I can dish on that one
Yeah that works, I finally did it and I practiced it on Corneria so I won't fall off easily but I'm doing it on FD and it doesn't work.
Darn it has to be that fast? My gosh, I never practiced Waveshining before Since I don't use Fox or Falco.

Thanks anyway, I'll keep practicing.

Caleb Wolfbrand

Smash Master
I only said that about waveshining cause it's a prime example of how fast your hands have to be sometimes (and believe me, I can't waveshine fast lol)

but yeah keep it up, it should work into finger memory eventually

Oracle

Smash Master
Hit down and jump almost simultaneously, with jump a tad later, and then b really fast while holding down.

Top Bottom