• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

In a Lucario slump

Archimedes

The Rad Simisear
Switch FC
7772-6031-3529
Ok what I'm about to say is confusing and I'm not sure I'll even get it out right. But first off I wanna say I love Lucario and I really feel like I should be playing him better but im not. It's not like im doing to bad with him either its just I feel dissatisfied that I'm not doing anything to impressive. I played him really well in Brawl and the beginning of Smash 4 but now I feel disinterested in playing him because of how I'm doing with him even though I love the character.

Any advice?

Last edited:

User52

Smash Cadet
NNID
User52
Ok what I'm about to say is confusing and I'm not sure I'll even get it out right. But first off I wanna say I love Lucario and I really feel like I should be playing him better but im not. It's not like im doing to bad with him either its just I feel dissatisfied that I'm not doing anything to impressive. I played him really well in Brawl and the beginning of Smash 4 but now I feel disinterested in playing him because of how I'm doing with him even though I love the character.

Any advice?
I mean, where do you think you're failing? It could be anything really. What part of your game are you not happy with?

|RK|

Smash Marketer

Any advice?
My coach tells me (for something else, but the advice still applies) that no one's progress is a perfectly diagonal line, going up all throughout their career. There are going to be points where you don't see any improvement. Lot's of people start taking it easy then or just give up, but that's not what you should do. You work even harder until you start seeing improvement again.

Last edited:

Masonomace

Yeah Shulk, get stuck in!
NNID
Masonomace
Worse-case scenario is you quitting the character, either barely playing the character over time or you just take your focus off of Lucario & play someone else you want to improve on. Me personally, I don't Primary Lucario, but I still have him as a nice Secondary character to help my Primary's bad matchups & such.

My advice is to explore options you've never tried, like relying on CP'ing to a stage having long walls for Lucario to shine. Imo Lucario is arguably still the best WallClinging & WallJumping character, so don't hesitate to utilize the small aspects.

Last edited:

HellfireX14V

Smash Rookie
NNID
GregArashi
3DS FC
3179-6117-6135

Any advice?
Have you try training mode? It's helps me lot, especially on finding the weak spots in the animation frame of your opponent in 1/4 speed while CP is on attack mode, jump mode, or walk mode. Lucario is a hard character to master but very possible to win with him, even without the high percentage. Special Smash also is a good way to trained on, my personally favorite is the 300% smash and stamina smash for defense training. Try other smash mode beside just Smash mode. Just a suggest.

Superior Spider-Mew

Smash Journeyman
NNID
MiniRagnarok
I've been in a huge Lucario slump lately too, only Im just losing a ****ton and its bothering me beyond ****ing belief. It doesn't help that FG is 2 stock, really doesnt going to Lucario's favor there.

Ulevo

Smash Master
If you do not have someone to coach you or tell you what you need to do to improve, you need to record your matches via replay and analyze your own gameplay.

Top Bottom