• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

In 2v2

easy mac

Smash Apprentice
I am going to be doing a doubles tournament soon and i was just wondering what everyones opinions were on my team. Its going to be my Ike and my cousins Diddy Kong. How does everyone think we will do with such an awkward team combination?

Empy

Smash Ace
Zoetermeer, The Netherlands (it ain't much, if it
Its not that awkward, it's easy to see some of the things you can abuse. If your cousin gets in front by a stock, try having him grab one of the opponents so you can both Fsmash them. Also, try to get him in a high controller port, best would be port 4. If he grabs then, you will smash only your opponent away. Otherwise, if he's on a high port, you'll smash him away, but it might be worth sacrificing, you could get a kill in at about 60-70%.

The bananas are easy to abuse with Ike as well. Just use his Usmash not his Fsmash. If the Diddy hits opponents towards you, abuse your ftilt and bair. The lag on the ftilt should matter just a bit less in doubles and the bair is always a good follow-up.

As long as you're used to each other and know what the other player will do, you should be fine.

fire_wulf

Smash Journeyman
Its not that awkward, it's easy to see some of the things you can abuse. If your cousin gets in front by a stock, try having him grab one of the opponents so you can both Fsmash them. Also, try to get him in a low controller port, best would be port 1. If he grabs then, you will smash only your opponent away. Otherwise, if he's on a high port, you'll smash him away, but it might be worth sacrificing, you could get a kill in at about 60-70%.
What does the controller port have to do with anything? Does it actually make a difference? I have never heard of such a thing... please explain this a little more.

Ussi

Smash Legend
3DS FC
4613-6716-2183
control port makes a difference. Example, when bowserciding, if you are bowser and are port 2 fighting port 1. You both die. If you are port 1 bowserciding port 2, you DON'T die and WIN instead of sudden death. Basically the higher ports die first. I think this is terrible though to be in the game but what i feel doesn't matter. Basically it determines who gets hit/dies in certain situations.

Arturito_Burrito

Smash Master
one time my friend bowsercided with me and i won the match was it cause of the controller port? although i dont really remember which one he was would it make a difference if it was 1 vs 4 instead of 1 vs 2?

Ussi

Smash Legend
3DS FC
4613-6716-2183
this is a joke...but feel free to use them: Slippery Ragnell, Banana Counter, Monkey Sword, Quick Hump, Aether Rocket, and finally: The Erupting Peanut

Empy

Smash Ace
Zoetermeer, The Netherlands (it ain't much, if it
this is a joke...but feel free to use them: Slippery Ragnell, Banana Counter, Monkey Sword, Quick Hump, Aether Rocket, and finally: The Erupting Peanut
The Erupting Peanut.. that's actually pretty good.

one time my friend bowsercided with me and i won the match was it cause of the controller port? although i dont really remember which one he was would it make a difference if it was 1 vs 4 instead of 1 vs 2?
Yeah Bowsercide is always decided by controller port.

Also, I mixed up what I said about controller ports. The person with the higher number does not fly away (I'll correct my post). So if you have a p4 diddy holding a p3 w/e. You can kill the p3 safely without Diddy dying. Even with team attack.

fire_wulf

Smash Journeyman
Thanks for the info on the controller port. That seems like the stupidest thing to put into a "competitive" game. When you go to tourney and you play Bowser... make sure you get the the Wii first so you get the good port. That just does not seem right to me.

Top Bottom