• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Improvement by Change

AphoticBankai

Smash Cadet
So, I'm looking to improve my Sheik. I've been practicing more than fair amounts with her, and I've hit a bit of a plateau.

The issue isn't really with Sheik, it's with my play style. I used to play Lucario, and I wasn't so great, so I'm a roller.

I roll EVERYWHERE. I'm getting better about it, but my roommate's Snake can punish me easy. He rolls a lot himself, but I've a harder time punishing him.

Actually, I have a hard time punishing him in general =\.

So I thought maybe learning a new character would help my game with Sheik. Never to switch over from Sheik, just for the sake of learning a new play style I guess.

Preferably one without rolling >_<.

I wasn't sure if anybody here had a suggestion as to which character might be useful for me to learn. Thought I'd ask before I just picked someone out of the blue.

TL;DR: I need a new character to learn. Who would be best for Sheik improvement?

chainmaillekid

Smash Journeyman
NNID
CHAINMAILLEKID
3DS FC
1805-2525-8280
I have a method for breaking bad habits fast/learning a new character fast.
I have a write up somewhere.
I'll look for it if you want.

Tewx2

Smash Ace
If your roommate is easily punishing your rolls, keep playing him to break out of your habit. You may lose a bit of pride from continually losing, but you also learn the snake matchup and break a bad habit.

Top Bottom