• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

[Important] Super Smash Bros. Tier List Voting (RESULTS ARE IN)

The Hooded Informant

Banned via Warnings
Okay...who I really am...

I am a good Super Smash Bros. player, not the worst, not the best. I host online games for Super Smash Bros. that are open to the public. I manage most wins, of course. As well as it being a tiny screen to see (still have no idea as to how to increase size...). My Super Smash Bros. mains are Link, Captain Falcon and Ness. Having 3 mains, it's quite hard to choose for them. I am a great player with Ness and Link, good with Captain Falcon. My secondary is Fox. I am also good with him.
I enter some tournaments, turning up the victor in most.
I study Super Smash Bros. gameplay to find out if there is more to the game than what seems. I have been mastering how to use Link, mainly.

About My Online Play:
I host the games for people to play with. If you want, I can play with any of you to see your skills online. I use a keyboard for the online games, with LAN as the gameplay connection. A true way to earn respect is online. So please, challenge away at me. I always make random rooms.

Sedda

Smash Champion
Maybe this is just clubba trying to trick people into trolling his new persona until they just say "**** it" and ACTUALLY vote for tier list placements.

clubbadubba

Smash Master
haha no, that wouldn't even work dude. Actually i played a guy like last week who said he was an old school kb player who talked a lot like this hooded informant guy and not gonna lie, he was pretty good. Def better than me. Not sure if that's who this is but if he ain't going to actually reveal i'll assume he sucks

clubbadubba

Smash Master
something alty and he wouldn't tell me anything real

Oh I remember now, it was "I'll Win"

RockinRudy

Smash Journeyman
What.
The.
Was.
That.
Tier.
List?

why is dedede a joke? he's in the background of DL and messes me up a lot by distracting me

S: Dedede
A: Giant DK, Master Hand, Arwing
B: Electrode, Porygon, Venasaur
C: Piranha Plant
You forgot something in "S" Tier.
CHARMANDER!

I'll Win

Smash Rookie
haha no, that wouldn't even work dude. Actually i played a guy like last week who said he was an old school kb player who talked a lot like this hooded informant guy and not gonna lie, he was pretty good. Def better than me. Not sure if that's who this is but if he ain't going to actually reveal i'll assume he sucks
Clubba, why are you comparing me to trash? I'm offended right now..

Komotonoto

Smash Journeyman
Name: Komotonoto
How Good I Am: I'm ok every now and then.
My Vote:
S: Kirby
A: Fox, Pikachu, Link
B: Yoshi, Luigi, Ness
C: Ness, Jigglypuff
D: Mario, Samus
F: Donkey Kong

O.o-RITH-o.O

Smash Journeyman
Name: Rith
How Good I Am: Played several tournaments placing between 4º and 7 in nationals and 2º and 3º in regionals. Some online experience as well.
My Voce:
S: Pikachu
A: Kirby, Fox
B: Luigi,Mario,Falcon
C: Jigg, Yoshi
D: Samus, Ness
F: DK, Link

XKCP

Smash Journeyman
Name: XKCP
How Good I Am: I don't lose a whole lot.
My Vote:
S: Pikachu, Falcon
A: Fox, Kirby
B: Yoshi, Mario
C: Jiggly, DK
D: Ness, Luigi
F: Link, Samus

The Hooded Informant

Banned via Warnings
Hey, XKCP, you live in the same state as I. How about you and I play against each other sometime.

And the whole "#1 Smash64 Player in Louisiana" is quite a stretch, don't you think? There are probably much more better people than you.

Kimimaru

Smash Ace
Name: Kimimaru
Credentials: Good online player
List:
S: Pikachu, Kirby
A: Fox, Falcon
B: Yoshi, Mario
C: DK, Jigglypuff, Luigi
D: Ness, Samus, Link

XKCP

Smash Journeyman
Hey, XKCP, you live in the same state as I. How about you and I play against each other sometime.

And the whole "#1 Smash64 Player in Louisiana" is quite a stretch, don't you think? There are probably much more better people than you.
Considering I've competed in the biggest tournaments that our state has to offer and placed 1st in them all, I am currently the best in the state. I have videos of matches as well.

This was from my last outing (about 7 months ago): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S2qazQkxVBY

I wouldn't mind playing against you. I'm probably not so close to where you live though; there are no other 64 smashers in Shreveport, but I am teaching one guy as of right now. The Samus player in the video usually takes 2nd to me in the biggest tournies we have (about 15 people) which involves decent players from Mississippi as well. The next one is actually coming up in June; I will not be attending this time around though as I have to work and go to Georgia. Other people will be there to play you - if you cannot beat them, you stand no chance against me.

Louisiana tournament listings: http://www.smashboards.com/threads/louisiana-state-circuit.330574/

If you are in Shreveport and can make it on short notice, I will be at Southern Rebellion this weekend. I will be there for Brawl/Melee/stuff but I can bring a 64 with me (usually do); you're welcome to show up and challenge me to some matches there. I will have a recording setup, btw.

EDIT: Sheer, I know you live in FL. I'm coming to get you. :love:

MrMarbles

Smash Lord
Considering I've competed in the biggest tournaments that our state has to offer and placed 1st in them all, I am currently the best in the state. I have videos of matches as well.

This was from my last outing (about 7 months ago): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S2qazQkxVBY

I wouldn't mind playing against you. I'm probably not so close to where you live though; there are no other 64 smashers in Shreveport, but I am teaching one guy as of right now. The Samus player in the video usually takes 2nd to me in the biggest tournies we have (about 15 people) which involves decent players from Mississippi as well. The next one is actually coming up in June; I will not be attending this time around though as I have to work and go to Georgia. Other people will be there to play you - if you cannot beat them, you stand no chance against me.

Louisiana tournament listings: http://www.smashboards.com/threads/louisiana-state-circuit.330574/

If you are in Shreveport and can make it on short notice, I will be at Southern Rebellion this weekend. I will be there for Brawl/Melee/stuff but I can bring a 64 with me (usually do); you're welcome to show up and challenge me to some matches there. I will have a recording setup, btw.

i watched your vid and u look pretty legit. i think that it probably just rubs people the wrong way that u call yourself the best since thats something that typically only scrubs say. You won't even hear isai call himself the best

clubbadubba

Smash Master
^^Someone hasn't seen the young isai posts from back in the day where he talked mad **** lol

clubbadubba

Smash Master
Tried to find them, but I couldn't, if anyone else can find them they are funny to read now.

XKCP

Smash Journeyman
Tried to find them, but I couldn't, if anyone else can find them they are funny to read now.
I've honestly not seen such posts before. I want them so bad.

Thanks for the compliment, Marbles. I try to be legit; I would play online if I had money to get a 64 adapter right now and if the desync/frame lag didn't drive me crazy. PS3 controller is okay, but I don't have as strong a grip on the joystick like 64 where it is in the middle.

smash-con

Smash Journeyman
I need more votes...more legitimate votes.

Also, for those who don't know, I am not the best SSB player. Only down South, I am one of the best. One of the best of Arklamiss (Arkansas, Louisiana, Mississippi).

We have a state tier list including some of MS. I'd love more competition its always great getting more people involved in our monthlies and conventions. :)

State Tier List is here
http://smashboards.com/threads/the-...00-pot-bonus-june-22nd-2013-slidell-la.53259/

If you did well at the N64 State event this weekend, or the Summer con. You know consistent placing then you could easily be on the Tier list. I look forward to some matches with you and your involvement! :D

-Fancy

SheerMadness

Smash Master
Funny story about cavemanerick. I've seen him place top 1 or 2 at a lot of your tourneys. He's not on that tier list though, did he change his name to fancy or w/e?

Anyway cavemanerick used to come on kaillera years ago. He'd talk about how great of a player he was and how he didn't need to z-cancel to beat us. So he'd join our games and consistently get 4-5 stocked lol. He'd always blame his demise on online play and not the fact that he couldn't execute necessary advanced techs lol.

It always cracked me up. Kinda gave me a poor impression of Louisiana smash though since he was supposedly one of the "top" players.

XKCP

Smash Journeyman
He did change his name. Maybe he is Hooded Informant? :o

Anyways, cavemanerick hasn't beaten me in a tourney yet so don't worry about him. I'm repping LA in the long term. I just need to get traveling, but the money isn't happening right now.

Doomolish

Smash Journeyman
There's another thread for this that clubba started, but a lot of people didn't show interest to keep moving forward with it, so it's not happening for some time
Whaaaaaaaaaaaat?

I didn't know about this. A new tier list, even with a simple change, would show we're really active. I vote for Falcon and Fox being switched. Where's that thread :o

Top Bottom