• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

im trying to master pickachu :)

nyhustler208

Smash Journeyman
so im really starting to like this charcter and i would like some tips of how to use him plz :)

what i noticed is that when i run and do his b move my opponet tends to either get hit by it and i do my Fsmash or they block and i grab them im not sure if thats a good technique

and i also noticed that his Usmash has extremly good KO

so can a couple of people help me and tell me some tips, advantages and disadvantages that pichachu has i would greatly appriciate it thx :)

Switchblades

Smash Apprentice
Well, I have limited experience with him, but I'll share what I can...

Learn how to "spike" with his U-air, can very easily catch an opponent off-guard.
U-Throw chainthrow on spacies. Works wonders.
D-throw -> U-smash works very well for a kill.

His Up-B can be used to edge-guard. Roll to the ledge, then Up-B out and back in, it'll take you right to the ledge.

All I can come up with right now, will edit if I can think of more...

nyhustler208

Smash Journeyman
Well, I have limited experience with him, but I'll share what I can...

Learn how to "spike" with his U-air, can very easily catch an opponent off-guard.
U-Throw chainthrow on spacies. Works wonders.
D-throw -> U-smash works very well for a kill.

His Up-B can be used to edge-guard. Roll to the ledge, then Up-B out and back in, it'll take you right to the ledge.

All I can come up with right now, will edit if I can think of more...
thx for the tips any more pika help i need all of them and is their any easier way to do pikas up b horizontally to edge guard i saw Zig Zag do it in his vides

every time i try to do it i go diagnol then straight and fAll off the stg but i do it sometimes thou i am just wondering if there is a easier way or i just have to practice it?

SweetVictory

Smash Rookie
thx for the tips any more pika help i need all of them and is their any easier way to do pikas up b horizontally to edge guard i saw Zig Zag do it in his vides

every time i try to do it i go diagnol then straight and fAll off the stg but i do it sometimes thou i am just wondering if there is a easier way or i just have to practice it?
I don't know if there is an exact "easier" way. I would say go to training and try it out. :)

If it's not working, then you can read the the guide on this board, and see if it has any answers to your questions. ;)

N64

Smash Champion
quick attack out, and then back towards the stage and slightly down. Make sure you're not holding down on the control stick when pika passes the stage (input the direction commands and then quickly let go of the control stick before he finishes the quick attack) or else you'll miss the edge completely. Also get used to what ranges you can do it from and still catch the edge.

Delta_III

Smash Rookie
Moves to avoid:

>Dash A
>Standing A

How to use moves:

>Short hop and Thunder
>Jump Uair/fast fall(repeat)
>Quick attack to ledge
>Jump foward, B(thunder bold), finish with U- smash

nyhustler208

Smash Journeyman
thx i figured out how to do quick attack really easy now and i do both ways with no problem but io find jumping and doing it easier than the other but it really dosent matter now

kennypoopoo

Smash Apprentice
well im deffinatley not a pika main but occasionally when messing around with my friends ill bust him out for some pikapwnage like delta 3 said uair fast fall repeat works wonders on floatys and semi floaties and also if hit properly can be a pseudo spike which would be effective for some faster falling characters and it can be linked quite nicely from the u-throw and if they di away just chase after him and then when he gets closer to the ground short hop an uair also you can chain grab the heavier characters with up-throw i believe im sure you can di out and not exactly sure which characters but i just moved so i have some free time lol so ill get back to you guys on that one tonite hope some of that helped

EDIT: just checked against fox and falco cpu's and with fo you can start at 0% with the up throw and falco is around 20% im not even gonna bother mentioning when i could do it till because they dont di properly anyways so im sure an actuall opponent could di out before also it seems that u-throw to u-tilt to a short hopped u-air will connect at around 50 percent on fox

S.R. XXVII

Smash Ace
When I play Pika, I can usually get Utilt > Uair > Uair/Fair as a good combo at moderate percents. I'm trying to master Pika myself. Sorry I can't tell much more.

Edit: (off topic) are you the same nyhustler208 from GFaqs?

nyhustler208

Smash Journeyman
When I play Pika, I can usually get Utilt > Uair > Uair/Fair as a good combo at moderate percents. I'm trying to master Pika myself. Sorry I can't tell much more.

Edit: (off topic) are you the same nyhustler208 from GFaqs?

YES AND WHO IS THIS?
im on alot of boards on GF

SETHMASTEROFPKMN

Smash Cadet
You need to master getting in close to your opponent (thanks to your limited attack range) and avoiding taking hits, thansk to your low weight. Also, know WHEN to use your down B. Spiking with up A and shffling with D-A is also important. Mastering quick Attack directions is another good idea.

Gligarman

Smash Rookie
3DS FC
2509-2114-2708
I've noticed that a lot of people don't use his Down Smash attack. It may not do a lot of damage but it's pretty effective against people who are trying to attack you from above.

Top Bottom