• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

I'm thinking of making Wolf my secondary...

Arw1ng

Smash Rookie
I love the way he plays. He's very unpredictable, HEAVY, a good juggler, and has a good FF. The only thing is, I'm mainly dedicated to Olimar. Would I be ok using Wolf, or would I have to main him (Which, unfortunatly doesn't look to likely ATM)

So basically, is Wolf a "main-only" character?

Kookie

Smash Apprentice
Not really "main-only". Most people would encourage to main someone else, actually.

ExCeL 52

Smash Lord
Sounds like a pretty good idea.
Since Peach is a Olimar's anti Wolf would be a good choice as a secondary.
If you spam his gun alot and use his specials correctly you can have a slight advantage over her.

Arw1ng

Smash Rookie
Sounds like a pretty good idea.
Since Peach is a Olimar's anti Wolf would be a good choice as a secondary.
If you spam his gun alot and use his specials correctly you can have a slight advantage over her.
That's kinda' what I was thinking lol. And he's a pretty even match-up with WEEGEE.

¯\_S.(ツ).L.I.D._/¯

Smash Legend
Wolf's "gun" should not be spammed, it's slow and PS'able. It should be used in moderation for putting on pressure.

Regarding the OP, I'd have to say do whatever you think is right, maining Wolf isn't a great choice since he has some of bad matchups, s having a reliable secondary is key unless you are amazing. And thinking of Wolf "mains" pretty much all of them have secondaries.

Seagull Joe

Smash Legend
NNID
SeagullJoe
Wolf's "gun" should not be spammed, it's slow and PS'able. It should be used in moderation for putting on pressure.

Regarding the OP, I'd have to say do whatever you think is right, maining Wolf isn't a great choice since he has some of bad matchups, s having a reliable secondary is key unless you are amazing. And thinking of Wolf "mains" pretty much all of them have secondaries.
its true all wolfs have secondaries.mostly because of ddd's and falcos.

Kookie

Smash Apprentice
its true all wolfs have secondaries.mostly because of ddd's and falcos.
While I usually pick one of my secondaries against a DDD, I actually enjoy fighting a good Falco now and then. I mean, sure, chaingrab is a *****, but once that's gone it's a fun fight if you're good at spacing.

Seagull Joe

Smash Legend
NNID
SeagullJoe
While I usually pick one of my secondaries against a DDD, I actually enjoy fighting a good Falco now and then. I mean, sure, chaingrab is a *****, but once that's gone it's a fun fight if you're good at spacing.
generally i dont mind fighting falcos but that cg is still gay as hell on wolf.almost effortless to do also.ddd i switch tho.unless i want to camp at an edge which i dont

link64e

Smash Apprentice
So basically, is Wolf a "main-only" character?
In all reality, no character should be a "main-only". Its good to always have a back-up.

Wolf is a fun character to play as. Good spacing, you can get a few suprise damages with his laser. Not to mention his invisablity frames with his DownB.

If you like playing as Wolf, then just stick to him.

Zip.

Smash Lord
I think Wolf is a good secondary..(i second wolf myself..so yah) ^_^
and i love the way he plays as well :D

Top Bottom