• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

I'm somewhat dissapponited

Sonallvegqu

Smash Cadet
In Path of Radiance, granted by the blade Ike wields, Ragnell, it allows him to attack enemies from a distance by shooting energy slash waves. But in Brawl, that's not gonna be happening since his Side Special and Down Special are discovered during the E for All event. However, his grabs are still a mystery. On the other hand, at least I'll enjoy his damaging power and knockback power of his Up Smash and Forward Smash.

Windlord

Smash Journeyman
You actually mentioned something that made me think... couldn't he do a grab and throw then long distance slash? think Falco, Fox, or Mewtwo's grabs. Thats just a thought though the possibilities seem slim to me.

So did no one really use his grabs? or were they just nothing spectacular so no one made an account of them?

If he did have long distance ragnell properties, he would be that much stronger, we don't need him to be any stronger than he already is. Although that long distance attribute has always been awsome in my eyes.

SOPF

Smash Apprentice
what game are you refering to exactly? LOL hopefully not brawl XD
Definitely gotta side with Gimpyfish here. Horrible recovery, LAGGY moves (this is quoting basically every account of hands on Ike play by people who want to play SSBB competitively), and some type of wind up for more than one of his moves those are some bad aspects and this is coming from the guy who started the Ike's possible strengths thread. In fact, I had to start that thread just to find some redeeming qualities that would keep me on the Ike bandwagon. His sword range is nice but, in 1v1s, his slowness will make it difficult to hit smart players, unless you have some nasty mindgames. That also applies to his power, cant damage what you can't hit, and the invincibility frames are nice but we don't know which moves they apply to yet. We only know that they effect his crappy recovery, atleast there's something good about his recovery. So uh yea, Ike isn't that good and his pros in no way outweigh his strengths.

Rakath

Smash Ace
Considering the ranged Swordfighting thing being a standard for only the last two games (Sure, every game has a magic sword, but none had UNBREAKBLE magic swords for Lord/Black Knight only) I'm not surprised it got left out. Ike will be interesting to learn. Hopfully an Air Eruption can spike...

Marthgreil

Smash Journeyman
Considering the ranged Swordfighting thing being a standard for only the last two games (Sure, every game has a magic sword, but none had UNBREAKBLE magic swords for Lord/Black Knight only) I'm not surprised it got left out. Ike will be interesting to learn. Hopfully an Air Eruption can spike...
Can Eruption be used in the air? ALos, Eruption is a distance attack. However it seem's Ike will suffer in 1vs1,

BrandonOwnageking

Smash Journeyman
what game are you refering to exactly? LOL hopefully not brawl XD
im refering to what the creater of this topic said, the only bad thing is that he doesnt have the energy waves (which isnt a big deal), and Sonallvegqu said that he/she will enjoy Ikes damaging power and knockback power of his Up Smash and Forward Smash.

pros: damaging power of his forward and up smash
cons: no energy wave

to me there are more pros

i wasnt refering to Ike in his intirerty, just what Sonallvegqu said. sorry

BrandonOwnageking

Smash Journeyman
Siding with Gimpyfish on this one. I don't know where you got this idea. Did you go to E for All >.>?

Also... you're dissappointed because he doesn't do one certain attack? Eh, I think you'll live.
what? im not dissapointed about any thing look at my reply to Gimpyfish i was making an observation from the information that Sonallvegqu gave us in the original message.

BrandonOwnageking

Smash Journeyman
Definitely gotta side with Gimpyfish here. Horrible recovery, LAGGY moves (this is quoting basically every account of hands on Ike play by people who want to play SSBB competitively), and some type of wind up for more than one of his moves those are some bad aspects and this is coming from the guy who started the Ike's possible strengths thread. In fact, I had to start that thread just to find some redeeming qualities that would keep me on the Ike bandwagon. His sword range is nice but, in 1v1s, his slowness will make it difficult to hit smart players, unless you have some nasty mindgames. That also applies to his power, cant damage what you can't hit, and the invincibility frames are nice but we don't know which moves they apply to yet. We only know that they effect his crappy recovery, atleast there's something good about his recovery. So uh yea, Ike isn't that good and his pros in no way outweigh his strengths.
*sigh* look at my reply to Gimpyfish and Kashakunaki please

Kabyk-Greenmyst

Smash Lord
This thread upsets me :(

I dont care how not good Ike might be, WE WILL BE USED GOOD AND BECOME GOOD D<
Yea, which is why there's a million Bowser and Mewtwo mains out there. lol.
Everyone says this at the start, but when push comes to shove, you're going to see a lot of this scenario:
*Mains Ike right off the bat for a little while*
"Darn, Ike sucks."
*Looks seductively at MK*

Alphanova

Smash Cadet
Er.. You guys do know this is only a DEMO, right? Seriously, I'm sure Nintendo can tweak Ike's recovery and moves in the time before the game comes out....

Caael

Smash Lord
In Path of Radiance, granted by the blade Ike wields, Ragnell, it allows him to attack enemies from a distance by shooting energy slash waves. But in Brawl, that's not gonna be happening since his Side Special and Down Special are discovered during the E for All event. However, his grabs are still a mystery. On the other hand, at least I'll enjoy his damaging power and knockback power of his Up Smash and Forward Smash.
**** guize.

I wouldn't think they are able to cover every single move that a character has. I want Mario's frog costume, but there simply aren't enough buttons D:

bksands77

Smash Journeyman
im disappointed about the fact that he is a heavy character, i mean in PoR he was definitely one of the fastest units

Cygnus V Arcana

Smash Apprentice
Sorry, but how do you know this? I try to be optimistic, but I really don't think there'll be any changes to Ike...I dunno.

well you never know, it's not like they're delaying brawl just to **** with us. Maybe the E For All demo was to test out responses to current characters and improve them as they see fit.

it's a possibility, is all I'm saying so we can't really judge how the game is gonna be just based on the demos, because that's all they are, demos.

Deception

Smash Ace
People can say Ike sucks now. But he might change. Maybe he has more super armour frames than we thought. There could be more techniques discovered that make Ike good.

Kirby knight

Smash Lord
People can say Ike sucks now. But he might change. Maybe he has more super armour frames than we thought. There could be more techniques discovered that make Ike good.
I'm withholding my full judgement of Ike untill I personally play Brawl. Sure those who went to E4All got "impressions" about characters, however it's far from being an absolute fact that Ike sucks.

If it does turn out that Ike sucks after testing... :/ nothing really to do about it then.

-Knight

NESSBOUNDER

Smash Master
Remember guys, it's really easy for the developers to make last-minute changes to Ike. They could vastly improve him by something as simple as knocking 3 or 4 frames off his animations.

WolfCypher

Smash Lord
NNID
WolfCypher
Switch FC
4999 6039 1484
I will try using every character, even the veterans, so I'm giving Ike his chance. He seems cool enough, and he doesn't come off as slow as some people say (I've seen videos where he moves fast enough). I'm guessing people say he's slow because his moves start-up slow. If I take to him, I'll adapt.

Hallowed Storm

Smash Journeyman
well you never know, it's not like they're delaying brawl just to **** with us. Maybe the E For All demo was to test out responses to current characters and improve them as they see fit.
it's a possibility, is all I'm saying so we can't really judge how the game is gonna be just based on the demos, because that's all they are, demos.
I actually think that that is one of the reasons that they're delaying Brawl. They want to hear complaints of people from E 4 All and fix as much of them as they can.
Nothing is set in stone yet-- it was only a demo that people played.

There have been other video games that changed drastically from the demo to the actual play.

I was slightly disappointed that Ike didn't have any long-range attacks. I'll get over that quick, though.

Basically, I think that Ike will be an average character. People are saying that he'll suck, and who knows? Maybe he will. But I'm using him as my character and seeing if there is anything I can do to become stronger with him. If that doesn't work out, then I'll switch, but for now, I view Ike as a major possibility.

Takeshi245

Smash Champion
Yea, which is why there's a million Bowser and Mewtwo mains out there. lol.
Everyone says this at the start, but when push comes to shove, you're going to see a lot of this scenario:
*Mains Ike right off the bat for a little while*
"Darn, Ike sucks."
*Looks seductively at MK*
I'll still beat you with Ike, Kaybk-Greenmyst! Anyways, I'm not too upset about Ike. At least he has no-flinch moves that help him. From what I've read, he has good range and a decent grab range, but his attacks are slow. Just have to make sure to use him wisely and not recklessly.

Aether_Lord

Smash Apprentice
who knows people... remember shiek? shiek was just in melee for a wtf character. Sakurai didnt intend to make shiek good. actually he just put shiek there from what ive heard on wiki i think not sure. but turned out to be good.

Top Bottom