• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

I'm over hamburger!

Zook

Perpetual Lazy Bum
Link to original post: [drupal=1168]I'm over hamburger![/drupal]

Finally, after over 2 years, I'm over hamburger!

Yes, it was all good and fine at first. Very good. At first, the hamburger was just another sandwich out there. I never thought of it. Never even wanted to try it.

I remember the day we, the food and I, finally met. We were on the sub; I was playing a videogame. Or was hamburger playing it? It doesn't really matter. Anyways, one of us was playing the videogame (Pokemon, of course!), and the other noticed.

I'm beginning to think I was playing the game; I never would have talked to a random sandwich like that. But that's beside the point.

The other noticed, and we talked about it. Pretty nerdy, but pretty cool, too.

The hamburger and I started hanging out more often. Before 8, after 3. During the daily trips. It was all pretty cool. As we spent more time together, I began to see many similarities between hamburger and I; asides from the whole Pokemon thing, we both loved drawing, ketchup, lettuce, video games, tomato, onion, tons of things. And we got along great. I was beginning to develop a taste for hamburgers, no matter how much I denied it.

And I remember the day it dawned on me that hamburger was my favorite food. It was... sunny, in the afternoon. I was on the sub, and the sandwich was just getting on. I looked at it, with its bright yellow sesame seed roll, moving through the sub, and I realized: that hamburger was my favorite food. Of course I denied it at first. I don't have a favorite food! I told myself.

But I did.

Time passed. I spent more time around the hamburger. Other foods became less appealing to me. All I wanted was the hamburger.

Of course, I was too afraid to order a hamburger. What if it turns out I don't like hamburgers? What if theres too much ketchup? What if I find hair in it? And so I bottled my hunger inside me.

One day the hamburger calls me. I'm too startled to make conversation. 5 minutes later, we hang up. We never talked again on the telephone.

Time passes. It's June. I get off the sub, knowing I won't have the chance to order a hamburger again for three months. I walk home and cry like a baby in my living room.

Three months are over. My hunger hasn't subsided over the summer. I start going to the Restaraunt Club to be with food more. It's all pretty cool, but pretty lame. Still not ready to order the hamburger.

It is 3, and I'm on the sub. THe hamburger is infront of me, talking to a salad. I look at it, it notices. I'm embarassed, quickly advert the sandwich's gaze.

It is a FRIday, and I'm going to the hamburger's grill. Great! Tons of fun. There are others there, but I don't notice them.

Time passes. It is now November, and I finally try to order a hamburger.

It took a lot of time, but I had to. I was just too hungry. I didn't order in person, but wrote out one of those sandwich-slips you see in delis all the time and left it on the counter. I feel sick.

A day later, I tear up the slip, but it's too late- the deli knows I want a hamburger. Of course, I don't mention it for a few weeks. Well, months, actually.

Time passes. Hamburger and I are still close. We never mention my order.

Even more time passes. I learn of some of the past people who have ordered the hamburger before. I'm pissed, but tell no one. How could I let anyone know that hamburgers were my favorite food? So I bottled that up too.

Finally, it is June again. A Monday. I know that this just might be the last time I see the hamburger. This day the sandwich sits next to me on the sub, which it didn't do for a few days prior. It has a menu with it; we look through it. Make jokes. Laugh. They day passes until it's the afternoon again, and I am packed with my peers in a large room, waiting to watch the foods go away. I keep a keen eye out for the hamburger, and I spot it. When it sits, it turns to me, winks, and blows me a kiss. I laugh.

Finally, the end of the afternoon, getting ready to get back on the sub, which the sandwich will never ride again. I stand with my friends, when I hear the hamburger call my name. I turn, and it embraces me for the first time. I do the same. We exchange our good-byes.

It is Monday afternoon, and I cry like a baby in my backyard.

And now even more time has passed. I've seen the hamburger a few times, and we would keep in touch.

It is Tuesday, Febuary 24, 2009. For the first time, I realize that my hunger for hamburgers has dissapeared. I feel a bit empty.

:mad:

Bird Law Aficionado
BRoomer
3DS FC
3351-4631-7285
Get a quad stacker from Burger King, no sauce. Right now.
OMNOMNOMNOM.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I'm sorry for your loss.

But I'm a vegetarian, so I may have trouble understanding the dimensions of your pain.
Well you are missing out.

I feel sorry for you

Cinder

Smash Master
*is putting this blog in the thread I'm creating on my site to show what a GOOD blog is*

As for the blog (as strange as it is), it's respectable...don't feel too bad about giving up hamburgers...

Teran

Through Fire, Justice is Served
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
3DS FC
3540-0079-4988
A loving relationship takes time and dedication.

Whaddya mean y'all got no f***in Whoppers?!?! :mad:

Mith_

Smash Champion
WHAT THE **** YOU MEAN YOU AIN'T GOT NO MO GOT **** WHOPPERS WHAT THE **** IS WRONG WITCHU *****?

So Zook, you apparently had an addiction to hamburgers that you don't have anymore. Good for you I guess. We all have our devils we need to defeat. I'm glad mine isn't hamburgers ^.^ They rule.

Zook

Perpetual Lazy Bum
*is putting this blog in the thread I'm creating on my site to show what a GOOD blog is*
Wait, really?

So Zook, you apparently had an addiction to hamburgers that you don't have anymore. Good for you I guess. We all have our devils we need to defeat. I'm glad mine isn't hamburgers ^.^ They rule.
I'm not sure if you guys don't see my obvious metaphor in the blog or are just playing epic mindgames with me.

Teran

Through Fire, Justice is Served
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
3DS FC
3540-0079-4988
I'm not sure if you guys don't see my obvious metaphor in the blog or are just playing epic mindgames with me.
Too much Smash = Mingames4Lyf

Whoppers are a metaphor for many things in life.

Bird Law Aficionado
BRoomer
3DS FC
3351-4631-7285
Zook! How could you forget me like that? ;w;

Lord Viper

SS Rank
NNID
LordViper
3DS FC
2363-5881-2519
You should've got Krabby Patty. >.<

Nice to see you stick with the sub's, which I prefere more than a hamburger, (except a home made hamburger with good toppings).

Bird Law Aficionado
BRoomer
3DS FC
3351-4631-7285
A triple bypass never looked so delicious.
I can't help but think these burgers will kill me, but at least I'll die happy.

Both hamburgers, not just the food kind.

Mith_

Smash Champion
Ok.
Now let me go read the OP again and replace hamburger with women.
See if it makes anymore sense.

Bird Law Aficionado
BRoomer
3DS FC
3351-4631-7285
Hamburger refers to a specific girl Zook was either with, or liked a lot.

Hentekorino

Smash Journeyman
Still trying to get over my "hamburger" I still crave it... a lot.
First one, too. Was eating it for 1 1/2 years before it left, it's been like, a month so far.

Good to know you got over it. :3

Bird Law Aficionado
BRoomer
3DS FC
3351-4631-7285
Still trying to get over my "hamburger" I still crave it... a lot.
First one, too. Was eating it for 1 1/2 years before it left, it's been like, a month so far.

Good to know you got over it. :3
If you ate the same burger for 1 and a half years, it must've been pretty huge.

Top Bottom