• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smash 3DS I'm more invested in the 3DS version of this game

BaPr

Smash Lord
3DS FC
1091-9057-0681
I'm getting both versions, but I'm more interested in the 3ds version.

I do have a wii u, but because of having to jump to my mom's house, then my dad's house, and then my grandma's house a bunch of times, the wii u version isn't going to be played that much. (I also can't take my Wii u to my dad's house).

Which is why I hope the 3ds version is still incredible. <3
There is no doubt that it is going to e incredible, 3 things I like about it more is that it is portable, Pokemon stages on the handheld (Since they can do so much with the handheld pokemon stages), and that it is (hopefully) going to be in 3D!!!!! I would love to see the Smash ball brake and the pieces just fly in 3d.

SmasherP82

Smash Journeyman
NNID
SmasherP83
3DS FC
4699-8697-4633
There is no doubt that it is going to e incredible, 3 things I like about it more is that it is portable, Pokemon stages on the handheld (Since they can do so much with the handheld pokemon stages), and that it is (hopefully) going to be in 3D!!!!! I would love to see the Smash ball brake and the pieces just fly in 3d.
I would like to see the Smash Ball break break in pieces and just fly too xD I'm just so hyped for the Spirit Tracks and Gerudo Valley stage since I love The Legend of Zelda series but not as much as my love for Pokemon x)

GraveEclipse567

Smash Apprentice
I'm planning on getting the 3DS version.
Mainly because I don't have a Wii U and I'm not sure if I can get one anytime soon but I have a 3DS.

κomıc

Highly Offensive
NNID
komicturtle
The 3DS version is already the best version because of Reset Bomb Forest.

But seriously, I hope they allow us to transfer/unlock stages that are platform exclusive on opposite consoles. I want to see Chapter 11/Reset Bomb Forest in it's full HD glory.

BaPr

Smash Lord
3DS FC
1091-9057-0681
If that happened, then what would be the point of having exclusive stages? I would love to transfer stages, but I think that would take away what helps make the games different.

Heefe

Smash Apprentice
If that happened, then what would be the point of having exclusive stages? I would love to transfer stages, but I think that would take away what helps make the games different.
The point is to buy both systems...

BaPr

Smash Lord
3DS FC
1091-9057-0681
The point is to buy both systems...
True, but what if my friend had one system and I had the other? We could easily get all the stages without getting both

O Dog

Smash Cadet
NNID
orionbc84
3DS FC
1521-2681-9055
Yeah, that's completely understandable. It would be cool if they had a remake of melee on 3DS with wi-fi options, but that might be aiming too high. :p
That would've been great, considering Melee was better made competitively than Brawl (hence Project M).

Salty the SLUG

Smash Ace
The only thing I'm worrying about is the 3DS online capabilities with Smash. Will there be "friend codes"?

Additionally, what about the 3DS's dual screens with Smash - what will the screens be used for? (Besides the obvious)

Curious Villager

Puzzles...
The only thing I'm worrying about is the 3DS online capabilities with Smash. Will there be "friend codes"?

Additionally, what about the 3DS's dual screens with Smash - what will the screens be used for? (Besides the obvious)

The only friend code you need to use is the one that is within the 3DS system itself. The game itself will make use of that friendcode. So it's not like how it was with the Wii where every game had its own friend code. You use just one and it will be used for every game that has online multiplayer etc. If that's not too much trouble for you....

I'd imagine most of the stats would be placed on the touch screen. (You know, the amount of time left, the player characters faces with their percentage meters and stock and everything etc) Leaving the 3D screen free from clutter.

Salty the SLUG

Smash Ace
The only friend code you need to use is the one that is within the 3DS system itself. The game itself will make use of that friendcode. So it's not like how it was with the Wii where every game had its own friend code. You use just one and it will be used for every game that has online multiplayer etc. If that's not too much trouble for you....

I'd imagine most of the stats would be placed on the touch screen. (You know, the amount of time left, the player characters faces with their percentage meters and stock and everything etc) Leaving the 3D screen free from clutter.
Yeah, I asked because I currently do no have a 3DS. Thanks. :)

For the touch screen, I can see the main menu/ other menus being "tap-able". Perhaps even the character selection screen? - With this in mind, the selected characters (like in the previous games - if you can picture it) being on the top screen.

Curious Villager

Puzzles...
Yeah, I asked because I currently do no have a 3DS. Thanks. :)

For the touch screen, I can see the main menu/ other menus being "tap-able". Perhaps even the character selection screen? - With this in mind, the selected characters (like in the previous games - if you can picture it) being on the top screen.

No problemo. ;)

Yeah I'd imagine the main menu working exactly like how it did in Kid Icarus Uprising. Basically what you described. All the options and everything are on the touch screen while any fancy animations and all are just there for show on the 3D screen.

Yeah I can also imagine the characters select screen showing all the playable characters being choosable on the touch screen while the 3D screen shows the ones who were chosen for battle.

BaPr

Smash Lord
3DS FC
1091-9057-0681
Has anyone ever mentioned how you get to choose whatever song you like and listen to it on your 3DS. If you like 1 song, and your friend likes another, you can hear different songs when playing together

SmasherP82

Smash Journeyman
NNID
SmasherP83
3DS FC
4699-8697-4633
Has anyone ever mentioned how you get to choose whatever song you like and listen to it on your 3DS. If you like 1 song, and your friend likes another, you can hear different songs when playing together
Now that is awesome in everyway :p I ust hope when you choose a stage you'll be able to pick a song.

BaPr

Smash Lord
3DS FC
1091-9057-0681
Now that is awesome in everyway :p I ust hope when you choose a stage you'll be able to pick a song.
I think it'll be like Brawl where you choose how likely a song will play.

SmasherP82

Smash Journeyman
NNID
SmasherP83
3DS FC
4699-8697-4633
I think it'll be like Brawl where you choose how likely a song will play.
I awlays did that with WaarioWare just put Ashleys Song (JP) on the highest and my brother would complain why it keeps doing that :p

BaPr

Smash Lord
3DS FC
1091-9057-0681
I awlays did that with WaarioWare just put Ashleys Song (JP) on the highest and my brother would complain why it keeps doing that :p
That song does get annoying *shudders*

kirb-E

Smash Rookie
Will the 3DS version have a Story-Mode such as the Subspace Emissary in Brawl?
I read somewhere that, although there won't be cutscenes, there will be a story of some kind. I would like to see WHY everyone is fighting(other than having fun :p)

Pazzo.

「Livin' On A Prayer」
I may invest in both.

The art in the Wii U is BEAUTIFUL, and the 3DS has a nice vibe to it. I like the feel.

Pazzo.

「Livin' On A Prayer」
I read somewhere that, although there won't be cutscenes, there will be a story of some kind. I would like to see WHY everyone is fighting(other than having fun :p)
*Sorry for posting right after my own post, I need to remember to combine...*

I'd love it if they incorporated sprites into the "story mode".

That way Characters like Zelda, Ganondorf, Peach, and Mega Man can 'talk' without having voice actors.

KokiriKory

BRoomer
BRoomer
NNID
kokirikory
3DS FC
2148-8224-6270
I have to buy both. I really don't have a choice. I'm a sucker. :(

A very happy sucker come release day.

I suppose that's subject to change. It all hangs on just what kind of connectivity features there are.

Kon

Smash Journeyman
I honestly have to say the more I see from SSB 3DS, the more I get excited about. As known from Kid Icarus: Uprising, Sakurai is able to create a game on 3DS that looks great. The more I look at recent pictures of the 3DS version, I feel like the graphic will be near to what Kid Icarus: Uprising was at. So there he won't disappoint us. I hope for a nice roster, good multiplayer fights and interesting singleplayer fights (as you won't be able to be everywhere connected to the Internet, there should be also enough to do in singleplayer)
Stages look great, especially the Fire Emblem Awakening and the Kid Icarus Uprising stages are really great. Also the Gerudo Valley is a nice one (and will hopefully have to legendary Gerudo Valley music so it will be epic!)

Malion

Smash Ace
Place your bets guys, Will there be a SSB Themed 3dsXL?

They seem to have 3ds for every game now, lol.

Kon

Smash Journeyman
Place your bets guys, Will there be a SSB Themed 3dsXL?

They seem to have 3ds for every game now, lol.
you mean a 3DS(XL) stage? Well, I can't see a stage like that, but maybe I'm wrong. Besides they make already stages for great 3DS games and there are many great 3DS games, so I don't see a need to put a less impressive 3DS stage in the game. They will most likely have enough handheld games in general that they can represent with specific stages: Super Mario 3D Land, Nintendogs, Fire Emblem: Awakening, Kid Icarus: Uprising, Ocarina of Time(and soon even A Link between Worlds), maybe also Starfox 64 3D, Luigi's Mansion 2 or an exclusive game for the handheld Pokemon games. Donkey Kong Country Returns 3D, maybe even Yoshi's New Island, Dr.Kawashima and Kirby 3DS. These would be already up to 12 possible exclusive stages while only considering 3DS games, not even a single DS game. So why put a maybe a bit too boring 3DS(XL) stage in it?

nat pagle

Smash Ace
3DS FC
0834-1759-2409
you mean a 3DS(XL) stage? Well, I can't see a stage like that, but maybe I'm wrong. Besides they make already stages for great 3DS games and there are many great 3DS games, so I don't see a need to put a less impressive 3DS stage in the game. They will most likely have enough handheld games in general that they can represent with specific stages: Super Mario 3D Land, Nintendogs, Fire Emblem: Awakening, Kid Icarus: Uprising, Ocarina of Time(and soon even A Link between Worlds), maybe also Starfox 64 3D, Luigi's Mansion 2 or an exclusive game for the handheld Pokemon games. Donkey Kong Country Returns 3D, maybe even Yoshi's New Island, Dr.Kawashima and Kirby 3DS. These would be already up to 12 possible exclusive stages while only considering 3DS games, not even a single DS game. So why put a maybe a bit too boring 3DS(XL) stage in it?

He means a Smash themed 3DS XL console, like the Pokemon ones with Archeus and Big Red Whale Monster

Malion

Smash Ace
Yes I mean a literal handheld bundle with the game and an exclusive SSB Themed 3DSXL... maybe Black and Red with the logo on it or something.

Kon

Smash Journeyman
He means a Smash themed 3DS XL console, like the Pokemon ones with Archeus and Big Red Whale Monster
Ok, thanks for the explanation. I thought he could mean a stage in the game like there was a DS battle stage in Mario Kart DS.

About the handheld: While it's a nice idea, I can't imagine a Smash Bros 3DS as there was no Wii mote with Smash design for Wii. If there were a bundle, than I guess there would only be one with the game and no exclusive logo. However I have to say that with the 3DS there were many special 3DS/3DS XL, so it is still possible. We'll have to wait for the release before we know it for sure.

Daftatt

"float like a puffball, sting like a knee"
NNID
Daftatt
I'm more interested in the 3DS version simply because of P:M 3.0 sucking all the hype out of SSB4. It will be crisp and HD, but other than that I can't think of any advantages the WiiU version will have over P:M as a game.

Ting Sing

Smash Apprentice
NNID
CADANAMAN
I'll probably end up with both versions, seeing as how you can take some of the 3DS features and put them onto the Wii U version.

ZombieVito

Smash Journeyman
3DS version all the way. SSB4 is literally the only game I'm interested from the Wii U but I'll rather just stick with the 3DS version. Exclusive stages really don't bother me.

Ulti-Bman

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
0318-7834-6568
I'm more interested in the 3DS version simply because of P:M 3.0 sucking all the hype out of SSB4. It will be crisp and HD, but other than that I can't think of any advantages the WiiU version will have over P:M as a game.
More characters and stages?

Madolche ♦ Procione

Smash Apprentice
I don't play handheld games myself, so it's not much of a contest for me. Plus I did get a Wii U almost exclusively for smash so it'd be silly of me to shell out money I don't have for a 3DS now.

Wow, ha, I just realized what an utterly pointless post this is given that this is specifically the 3DS discussion subforum. My bad! I need to pay more attention when just clicking on most recently discussed topics.

Daftatt

NNID
Daftatt
More characters and stages?
5 more characters may be added to project M, also it will eventually have more stages (it already has a lot more than brawl). SSB4 will actually probably have less stages and characters than project M, and project M will also be more balanced than SSB4. Hopefully SSB4 can push balance patches though so that may not matter.

Johnknight1

Upward and Forward, Positive and Persistent
NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
I am more invested in Smash 3DS right now...

...because I own a 3DS and not a Wii U!!! :rotfl:
5 more characters may be added to project M, also it will eventually have more stages (it already has a lot more than brawl). SSB4 will actually probably have less stages and characters than project M, and project M will also be more balanced than SSB4. Hopefully SSB4 can push balance patches though so that may not matter.
If you think Smash For won't have more than 46 characters at the pace we're going (20 characters in just over 6 months), then you're crazy.

Seriously, in 6 months from the Brawl reveal trailer we only had 9 (10 if you include Samus), and if you include the 2nd trailer (which had Fox) 2 months later you had 10 (11 if you include Samus).

We've gotten twice as many.

As for the stages, Project M has 1 more than Brawl (the Training Stage from MvC3). Other than that, every stage just replaces another stage, unless you have it modded.

Also, hacking and modding like this is bound to make both games have a near unlimited limit on stages...

Daftatt

NNID
Daftatt
I keep up with GBAtemp so I'm pretty damn sure only the vWii has been hacked. Also, yeah whatever SSB4 can have more characters, but if they aren't properly balanced and no one is very fun to play what is the point? Not to say they won't be fun to play. I'm just trying to emphasize that I hope SSB4 focuses on mechanics over quantity.

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
I'm getting this version, as I don't have a Wii U. Cause gosh darn it I wanna play Smash and don't care how!

Morbi

Scavenger
I'm getting this version, as I don't have a Wii U. Cause gosh darn it I wanna play Smash and don't care how!
That is the spirit, think of it as a demo. If you really love the game, you think you will be playing it everyday for a long time, go ahead and buy a Wii U (they will be dirt cheap 2014 Holiday Season). If the game is just fun, occasionally play it on the 3DS as you normally would and don't worry about the Wii U version.

Hey, at least you get exclusive stages that most of the hardcore fan-base will be missing out on. :awesome:

Top Bottom