• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

I'm in dire need of help with biology :(

Status
Not open for further replies.

ConnorTheKid

Treat Yo' Self
Premium
I'm having a huge test tomorrow and I NEED to know the following things for the test:

the main differences between phenotypes and genotypes.

what a genotypic ratio and a phenotypic ratio is.

how Mendel's dihybrid crosses help him develop the law of independent assortment.

if you're working with 2 tall pea plants and know that one is Tt, how can you determine the genotype of the other plant?

I really need all the help I can get so any reply is appreciated :)

Mazaloth

Smash Ace
The genotype is the genetic composition of a organism. ( Such as the gene to have red hair.)
The Phenotype is a observable trait in an organism. (Such as actually having red hair.)
An organism can have multiple genes for a hair color (Like red, vlack, or blond), this would be the Geneotype, however, even if a person has the gene to have red hair, he/she can also have a gene to have black hair, what ever gene dominates and physically shows is the Phenotype.

slave1

Smash Lord
well about the Tt plant, is the T the dominate trate, if it is than the other will have T in it. to be certain about the second letter you have to know the other parents traits were.

but its been a while. if i had a quick review. i could totally own your questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom