• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Im having problems agaisnt falcos, can you help me?

Pima

Smash Journeyman
Can it really be wall teched? I need to tilt the control stick to the side while doing it right?
Oh well guess I'm going back to practice

Kroy

Smash Apprentice
Where you'd least suspect. That's right you know.
You can't play aggro against Falco as Fox. You have to play defensively, because Falco has the best offensive game of all the charies, and can trump every move you have. Also for the love of god do not play on FD or you will get buthchered by the pillar all day long.

This post is approved by 5748 of Smash Galaxee A+++++++

Rasalas

Smash Journeyman
lol....i 2 stock a falco in FD. its really watching out for the pillars, but yes, FD is the best stage for falco IMO. and as Kroy said, dont play agressive against Falco.

(lol, i was the one asking for help)

Aaron_Sketch

Smash Cadet
I play with Falco as my main, and I know that the least thing I want Fox to do is make me try to recover horizontally. So try and move falcos sideways, that's usually the main couse for my stock losses. Because Falco is a fastfaller, vertical KOs are harder. Shinespike, and remember to not do too many lasers... That's what I would do if I had to fight myself in an SSBM math.

TheWildcard

Smash Champion
Try practicing the edge tech by recovering to the damaging walls on "Break The Targets".

yup just listen ot him and if you need help with teching watch viperboys teching video im currently remaking it for him and it will be done asap.

SmashMac

Smash Lord
As far as combo's go, Thunders' combo is awesome vs. Falco. Also, play smart. What I mean by this is don't always rush in and be 'fast' with Fox. I know he's a very fast character and it's very fun to be technical with him, but I think Fox's best game comes from expressing patience and waiting for the right time to run in. Be careful, safe, patient, ready, and never mess up. When you feel the time is right to go in and rack up some damage, do it.

Chain-grabs are nice too. CG from I believe 20% - 70% safely, 0% - 70% difficultly (KeepSpeedN: Depends on how good you are).

D

Deleted member

dashgrab unpredictably, but mostly when falco lands close-by. make sure you except aerial to shine and grab him out of shine before he can jump. If you get shined out of grab, crouch it and fall over or you'll die.

bovineblitzkrieg

Smash Journeyman
If you can shine his illusion return, even from standing on the stage, he's dead. Get ridiculous at timing that shine and you can score some quick kills. Just watch out cuz you'll occasionally get spiked by it. Grind up the side of the stage to prevent gettin spiked.

P.S. That shine is nasty as hell in tourneys.

Farsightrx20

Smash Rookie
just short hop sex kick him on the face from short range that way you dodge his tail sweep
and the only way to avoid it is if hes already expecting it.

RedYoshi92

Smash Lord
here's some stuff you can do against the falco:Uthrow+grab in the direction their moving.Another is Utilt + Uthrow.and when the opponent is at a high percent F or U smash.Grabbing is really effective against falco

Fefnir Cerveau

Smash Lord
If you can shine his illusion return, even from standing on the stage, he's dead. Get ridiculous at timing that shine and you can score some quick kills. Just watch out cuz you'll occasionally get spiked by it. Grind up the side of the stage to prevent gettin spiked.

P.S. That shine is nasty as hell in tourneys.

His is teh Phantasm! Hawt!

Anyway, it's a meteor buddy. You can always cancel it, but watch out none the less. DOn't go out for the shinespike unless you can hit that shine for sure.

Velox

Smash Ace
*Didn't read the whole thread...*

If you're having problems with lasers, try u-smashing out of your shield.

G@BE

Smash Lord
or you could always come from witht top with droping n-airs. Falco is weak when any charcter is coming from the top. Fox's n-air is perfect for that. and alond with b-air. Try it out

TheWildcard

Smash Champion
yea but non the less all you have to do is uthow+usmash i hate the fox falco matchup because its all about grabbing and being repetive on fox's part. just my opinion

tarheeljks

Smash Lord
full jumping will get you uptitled-- Falco's up tilt has pretty good priority. also, it sounds like this advice is only for FD.

edit: i agree that Fox can use it to slow Falco down, but I think it's punishable.

FastFox

Faster than most vehicles
BRoomer
It's called the Falco Stopper.

Watch any of Mew2King's videos against a Falco. You'll see what I mean.

Ryan-K

Smash Master
full jumping will get you uptitled-- Falco's up tilt has pretty good priority. also, it sounds like this advice is only for FD.
if you fastfall it he cant do much about it.

he forgot that part also it works on all stages. actually its great on small ones because falco cant run or anything.

sounds like you are basing this off of theory as opposed to experience

Brookman

Smash Hero
m2k hates playing against falco. full jump nair only really works if the falco is lasering because all one has to do to punish full jump nairs is wavedash/walk out of range, then smash/grab.

technomancer

Smash Champion
Dunnoif this has already been covered, but this is a very solid combo vs. Falco:

Uthrow CG until about 30%, Uthrow->Usmash, SHFFL nair, continue if possible.

If you're getting pillared, JC shine out of shield is theoretically faster than grab, and if you're amazing, follow it up with a wave Dsmash because it's hard as hell to tech. Remember to use your plaforms, SHL, and FH3L (full hop triple laser), and gay him as much as you can :D

I also really like FH bairs against Falco.

Top Bottom