• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

I'm having problem with the Chain Jacket

F5 Plaid Ghost

Smash Rookie
K so you do an attack before you short hop a chain, right? Well I do that, I short hop the chain, the dust comes out of her chest, and, well... It always does 5% each hit, whereas normal chain hits 2-3 I believe, and has little knockback. When I do it, it has knockback so if they caught in the middle, they can't attack.

This isn't right, is it? No matter what attack I connect with before I deploy, it always does 5% and has the same knockback.

ddonaldo

Smash Journeyman
the timing is so narrow that it is near impossible 2 do consistently. u can keep trying or tbh give up since chain jacket imo only has one use and that is to stop ledge campers like MK

demodemo

Smash Ace
what move are you trying to jacket?

Most of sheik's aerials have two hitboxes-a strong one that appears during the start of the animation, and a weak one at the end. (sex kick like properties)

if you tried to jacket, say a bair, the chain will jacket the last executed hitbox before landing. so if you did a bair, and landed too late, you would jacket the weak hitbox instead of the strong one.

I think uair, bair, nair, all have sex kick like properties.

SinkingHigher

Smash Lord
The best way to know if you did it right is to just keep trying right next to someone. Even a sandbag.

That dust thing is not accurate because it comes out of there lots of times, even if you got it wrong.

The ONLY way to know for sure it worked is that the chain will pass right through your opponent WITHOUT doing damage as if it never touched them at all.

You're probably doing it too late. Do it earlier than you think you need to, like, just after sheik begins falling from the peak of her jump.

Zankoku

Never Knows Best
Administrator
BRoomer
NNID
SSBM_PLAYER
Or if you hear the unique low sound of the chain jacket.

JackieRabbit5

Smash Journeyman
i'd like to see a video of this being used in an actual match b/c i don't see it as being very useful

demodemo

Smash Ace
it is not very useful at all

imagine the probability of getting a dacus, then add on one of the most punishable attacks sheik has, then you get a technique that COULD be useful, but no one does it.

F5 Plaid Ghost

Smash Rookie
I've been trying it infront of a sandbag, and it always hits near her hand, then falls to the floor. Still wrong i'm assuming?

F5 Plaid Ghost

Smash Rookie
it is not very useful at all

imagine the probability of getting a dacus, then add on one of the most punishable attacks sheik has, then you get a technique that COULD be useful, but no one does it.

I find the jacket (Or my version of it) to be extremely useful on the edge. If you can knock them off at a low percentage, while they are hanging on the edge, deply it about 1 and a half Sheik lengths away from the edge and rub the D stick down, left/right, down, repeat. When they attempt to get up, do a windmill. If they jump, they'll get caught, if they roll, they will be brought towards the edge and take 20-30% easily. The only way they can get through it is if they quickly grab the edge without being by it dangling off the edge and get up by pressing A, and even then sometimes they get hit by the chain before they can get the hit off.

Try that. ^ It works. A lot.

Flamingo777

Smash Apprentice
I find the jacket (Or my version of it) to be extremely useful on the edge. If you can knock them off at a low percentage, while they are hanging on the edge, deply it about 1 and a half Sheik lengths away from the edge and rub the D stick down, left/right, down, repeat. When they attempt to get up, do a windmill. If they jump, they'll get caught, if they roll, they will be brought towards the edge and take 20-30% easily. The only way they can get through it is if they quickly grab the edge without being by it dangling off the edge and get up by pressing A, and even then sometimes they get hit by the chain before they can get the hit off.

Try that. ^ It works. A lot.
So you finally got it to work? Yeah and by the way, the timing is diffficult haha.

Top Bottom