• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

ike's prey

Machiavelli.CF

Ivy of the West
NNID
Machiavelli.CF
3DS FC
3222-5675-4966
As an ike mainer it feels weird asking this,:(

recently, everyone is always talking about how to deal with ikes weaknesses but ive never seen anyone realy point out,
"Who exactly does ike slaughter in 1v1s?"
it would be good to know who you have no chanse of losing to...

but i havent fought all characters, who were being used decently...

so...any ideas?:confused:

Rapid_Assassin

Smash Master
The matchup chart has a lot of faults, and that's basically what I was thinking when I read that. I'm sure Ike has favorable matchups, but just because your opponent picks a character that yours counters doesn't mean that you have yourself a free win. You have to earn your wins. Someone could easily be better than you.

MxGm

Smash Cadet
Of course, Ike has favorable match ups, but if you encounter someone who is better than you with that character, he would still own you, because all that matters is the skill of the person you're playing against with.

Edds

Smash Ace
i dont see many better matchups for ike. the only thing ike has advantage over is against chars that are slow and short range. i could be wrong. but it does depends more on skill than a character like rapid assassin said.

ike has range and power. this makes him better against characters like falcon,ganon and maybe jiggs (i havnt played against a decent jiggypuff yet)

Machiavelli.CF

Ivy of the West
NNID
Machiavelli.CF
3DS FC
3222-5675-4966
Of course, Ike has favorable match ups, but if you encounter someone who is better than you with that character, he would still own you, because all that matters is the skill of the person you're playing against with.
what are his "favorable match ups"

Empy

Smash Ace
Zoetermeer, The Netherlands (it ain't much, if it
yah you kind of worded this wrong. Acording to the match up chart ganon is Ike's easiest match up but I'm sure sliq can come in here and own you (and me).
I'd say that's about right, Ganon has just the right speed, range and power to be beaten by Ike in pretty much everything.

The matchup chart has a lot of faults, and that's basically what I was thinking when I read that. I'm sure Ike has favorable matchups, but just because your opponent picks a character that yours counters doesn't mean that you have yourself a free win. You have to earn your wins. Someone could easily be better than you.
Yeah the chart isn't always as accurate. And it's obviously about player vs player. However, there is a reason for all these match-up charts etc...

So I'm gonna go ahead and say Ganondorf, Captain Falcon and Sonic.

And sure Sliq can come in here and own you, but it's not like he can't do that to certain Metaknight, heck even Snake mains.

XACE-K

Smash Master
So I'm gonna go ahead and say Ganondorf, Captain Falcon and Sonic.
I agree but shouldn't Jiggs also be included? Ike's faster than her on the ground, has better range than her in the air and on the ground, and she's the lightest character in the game while Ike is the strongest.

But than again she does have WoP that could screw Ike trying to recover...

Top Bottom