• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Ike's Final Smash Revealed

Manjot

Smash Apprentice
Today in the update it was revealed:

http://www.smashbros.com/en_us/index.html

<Great Aether>

It’s Ike’s Final Smash, Great Aether. As the name suggests, it’s a more powerful version of Aether.

First things first: get the Smash Ball!

Do a standard special move to swing your blazing sword!

Great!

AETHER!

Then he just plummets.

At the moment of impact, your foes are launched!

That feels gooood... It’s exciting and exhilarating.

But, you do have make sure you hit with the Final Smash. Its range of impact is pretty large, so you just have to get the right timing.

Try to lift up multiple enemies!

In multiplayer brawls, you can move freely as long as you aren’t the one who’s suffering the Final Smash.

Ike is invincible during his Final Smash, so you can’t really meddle with him. But as for the people he’s finishing off...?

Maybe you could add to their woes. Could this be a plan?
Looks like Kirby's up special attack in the N64 game. Just without the beating.

CodeBlack

Smash Ace
It looks... different than what they've showed us before, either that or they're leaving something out.

There's no flurry of hits now, it looks less like a copy of Link's Smash... Plus, you can hit multiple targets...

B.A.R.S

Smash Cadet
Yeah its looks ok i though it would be like links smash as well wih multiple hits during his final smash.

Kio Iranez

Smash Ace
>_< I'd rather not compare it to Link's, seeing as this one looks much cooler, in the vid at least.

Looks kind of like Omnislash from Final Fantasy 7 and its movie.

KiddyDong

Smash Cadet
There was a video on most of the currently confirmed's final smash, including Ikes, guess you guys didnt see that one.

Unless they buff his speed up, this wont do much for competitve players since smash ball will probably be turned off. It looks very nice for casuals though.

But if you want to see it in action, here, http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-9bqdOH3js0

IllidR

Smash Champion
Not like we knew this for a while from demo videos or something. His Final Smash is apparently the strongest and can kill at low percents, however it's the most difficult to hit with.

katanagash

Smash Apprentice
One thing is certain. Ike is very likely to be part of the top tier characters. His FS does require decent skill, but that is one baller move he has.

AlphaDragoon2002

Smash Ace
NNID
AlphaDragoon02
Not like we knew this for a while from demo videos or something. His Final Smash is apparently the strongest and can kill at low percents, however it's the most difficult to hit with.
I'm pretty sure MK's was harder to hit with according to folks who played the demo, actually.

GenG

Smash Lord
Ike's initial hit has more vertical distance, while MK's has more horizontal distance.

Takeshi245

Smash Champion
This is old news and it isn't exciting.

One thing is certain. Ike is very likely to be part of the top tier characters. His FS does require decent skill, but that is one baller move he has.
Dude, Ike is garbage in the demo. He's very, very slow. Even slower than Ganondorf and Bowser. Go read Gimpyfish's thread on Brawl in the General Discussion Forums if you don't believe me. He'll need speed buffs if he's going to be good. Next time, don't assume things like this.

PopFusion

Smash Apprentice
I love the final smash, but this update is exciting, cause I wanted something better!!! But he has a cool final smash atleast :).

Seiya

Smash Journeyman

Dude, Ike is garbage in the demo. He's very, very slow. Even slower than Ganondorf and Bowser. Go read Gimpyfish's thread on Brawl in the General Discussion Forums if you don't believe me. He'll need speed buffs if he's going to be good. Next time, don't assume things like this.
So mean :( I'm sure he'll be fixed when Brawl releases. About his FS, I wonder if they did took out his multi hit thing in the air =\

Superninjabreadman

Smash Lord

Those are Impressions. he had less than a day to play the game. -nobody- knows how to get a character worked perfectly in afew hours of gameplay. he could end up being a great Character.

You shouldnt be assuming that he's so terrible. even if you've played the demo you certainly didnt have enough time to find most/any of his really good combos. evereyone has one. except for the Iceclimbers:laugh:

Edit: Sorry. they had 4 days at E for all. but even Gimpyfish (who suposedly playd the most out of anyone there) said that...

1. Ike still has a chance to be good
2.They didnt have enough time to make a tier list (if you cant make a Tier list you cant get a new Character in a new game the best he can be)
and 3. Ike was Garbage. but he did say Ike had an chance with his super armor and stuff. He'll own against coms. Event match=easy anyone?

Something tells me that the FS got changed.
Probably because evereyone says that its alot like links. no way. Links is Horrizantal and Ikes is Verticle. not to mention Link glows a whiteish blue and Ike glows all firey(that has nothing to do with it. Ike replacing Roy?). anyway. all i've heard is that Ike had a final smash like links. so this was kinda a "Wth?" kind of update for me.

Kabyk-Greenmyst

Smash Lord
This is old news. I mean, Sakurai should realize that we've seen all this info at E4All. Granted he has to update it on the Dojo, but he couldh have the common courtesy to double it up, even if it's with more info from E4All.

HAHAHA! What is this? Takeshi saying soething NEGATIVE about Ike? Joyous day!
Kabyk: 1
Takeshi: 0

Superninjabreadman

Smash Lord
Who cares if its old news. Before today I thought Ikes Final smash was prettymuch -exactly- like Links. that got proven wrong. can anyone remember who said that?

Im pretty sure it wasnt Gimpy... maybe it was IGN.. they never get anything right.

I don't know why i was so crushed when i saw this update today. I guess i was anticipating something new today since we haven't gotten anything good in a while.

Anyway, i actually like this final smash a lot. I'm not looking forward to Ike at all, but at least he brings some diversity, especially if Marth and other light, speedy sword fighters are in the game.

And none of us really know how good Ike will be. A lot of the times the longer it takes to become good with a character the more potential they have. Then again, other times characters are just bad. Haha.

.:«Jeff»:.

Smash Rookie
Ike's final smash is awsome(looking).But people saying that they thought it would be like Link's made me think if they might change Link's because he can only hit one person where as Ike can hit multiple.

Takeshi245

Smash Champion
Those are Impressions. he had less than a day to play the game. -nobody- knows how to get a character worked perfectly in afew hours of gameplay. he could end up being a great Character.

You shouldnt be assuming that he's so terrible. even if you've played the demo you certainly didnt have enough time to find most/any of his really good combos. evereyone has one. except for the Iceclimbers:laugh:

Edit: Sorry. they had 4 days at E for all. but even Gimpyfish (who suposedly playd the most out of anyone there) said that...

1. Ike still has a chance to be good
2.They didnt have enough time to make a tier list (if you cant make a Tier list you cant get a new Character in a new game the best he can be)
and 3. Ike was Garbage. but he did say Ike had an chance with his super armor and stuff. He'll own against coms. Event match=easy anyone?

Probably because evereyone says that its alot like links. no way. Links is Horrizantal and Ikes is Verticle. not to mention Link glows a whiteish blue and Ike glows all firey(that has nothing to do with it. Ike replacing Roy?). anyway. all i've heard is that Ike had a final smash like links. so this was kinda a "Wth?" kind of update for me.
Notice how I said that Ike needs speed buffs to be good. Apparently, you missed that. I implied that Ike has a chance to be good. Gimpyfish and Eternal Phoenix Fire, people that went, agreed that Ike is garbage in the demo. THE DEMO. Have all the super armor you want. If your attack takes a lot of time to start and finish, you'll be tore to shreds. I still believe that Ike will be a good character. Oh, and Kaybk-Greenmyst, I'll still beat you with Ike, no matter what!

I'm pretty sure the DOJO says you can get multiple people going up. I doubt its the easiest thing to do in the world. But i think its possible.

Taken from DOJO

"Try to lift up multiple enemies!"

Black Waltz

Smash Champion
you made me lol. ike will definitely be garbage tier. hes just too slow to do anything. and even if the smash ball is in comp. play, the move has almost no range...

Hellbeing

Smash Journeyman

I dont know why everyone keeps thinking what other people say is for certain, i mean, i like gimpyfish and a lot of hte stuff he says is right, but, everyone relies and believes what he says wayyyy too much. What if he got something wrong, im not saying he did, but if he did, everyone would believe it. Same as if sum1 else said sumthing not just gimpy.

no offense gimpy!

Takeshi245

Smash Champion
I dont know why everyone keeps thinking what other people say is for certain, i mean, i like gimpyfish and a lot of hte stuff he says is right, but, everyone relies and believes what he says wayyyy too much. What if he got something wrong, im not saying he did, but if he did, everyone would believe it. Same as if sum1 else said sumthing not just gimpy.

no offense gimpy!
Dude, he stayed there for four days and even got to test out Ike. Ike is very slow and isn't a good character in the demo. They didn't get anything wrong and it's very unlikely they did anyways. There's still a chance for Ike to be good through speed buffs. I even stated that in my post, which was overlooked yet again. I believe Ike will be good in the final version and if he isn't, I'll stick with him as one of my mains anyways.

Chaosblade77

Smash Lord

no offense gimpy!
Fact is, everyone who played Ike says he is bad. That is not to say he won't be better in the actual game though, he might get a polish and be decent, or even a great character. We just have to see. All we know is that in the DEMO he was not good. I am pretty sure we can trust those people who played it, especially when the decision is basically unanimous among them.

NukeA6

Smash Master
What tells you that?
When we saw it at E for All, it was like Aether + Link's Final Smash. From what I see in the update, it's just one big Aether. Anyone who hasn't seen the videos would think so too.

RyuDragonKing

Smash Journeyman
Fact is, everyone who played Ike says he is bad. That is not to say he won't be better in the actual game though, he might get a polish and be decent, or even a great character. We just have to see. All we know is that in the DEMO he was not good. I am pretty sure we can trust those people who played it, especially when the decision is basically unanimous among them.
Unanimous except for one. :)

He was my main at the show, and I only lost one game. A group of friends and I went, (we got lucky and were able to play 7 games before they called us out, then we got back in line) and we did a lot of free for alls. HE IS NOT BAD. Is he the best? No. Is he close? No. He's mid-tier. He's good if you spend time figuring him out.

Iggy K

Smash Ace
It looks all right, but I was hoping for something like summoning the Greil mercenaries for his FS.

Top Bottom