• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Ike's Final Smash Revealed

RyuDragonKing

Smash Journeyman
How many 1v1's did you play though Ryu? Ike OWNS in free-for-all's. This is not new or surprising, but it's 1v1's we're worried about.
Not many, and I hate to tell you this, but, Ike sucks in 1v1's. He is slow, and most other characters were fast. I lost my 1v1 match. Won all my free for alls though.:(

Edit: Realized I made a mistake on my last post; I didn't win ALL of my Free-for-alls.

smashbot226

Smash Master
Here:

I'll spoon feed it to you all.

Ike is SLOW. It was a DEMO for a game that doesn't come our for almost three months.

However, Ike is POWERFUL and has SUPER ARMOR. His final smash is LIKE LINK'S except it hits MULTIPLE TARGETS.

I was at E 4 All for a day and I pray to every god there is that this isn't the Ike we are getting in the release...

Booze Crooze

Smash Rookie
ive searched a bit on the ike forums but i havent seen any talk of ike's FS being techable. Now i am very sorry that i am a total nobody on these forums, and that i have no proof as to what i say, but here is my story.

A friend and i wait in line at E for All for the 1v1 friendlies behind the actual ffa tournament. i pick booze, he picks ike. nothing worth mentioning happens until he gets the smash ball. he hits me with his slash, and as i am being barraged with ike's multiple strikes i think to myself, i wonder if i can tech out of it when he slams me down. i casually push B (crappy wiimotes) and lo and behold, i must have hit within the 20 frame window as bowser rolls up on the ground. A FS is supposed to kill, not only cause (a respectable) ~60 damage.

i havent posted this until now because i thought it wasnt too big of a deal and i assumed someone else would have already found out. Now this is probably the reason ike's FS was changed, but it still slams the opponent to the ground. just letting you al know that the old FS was techable and the new one may be as well.

Roy-Kun

Smash Ace
3DS FC
2337-4154-9016
...Which is the Japanese name for this attack? Shinkuu Aether or... something? =/

Roy-Kun

Smash Ace
3DS FC
2337-4154-9016
Dai Tenku.

Aether is Tenku (Heaven) in Japanese. Dai means Great.
Dai Tenku, I like it.

I will now scream "Dai Tenku" each time I can make Ike do his Final Smash 8D

Hallowed Storm

Smash Journeyman
Yeah, Ike's final smash is my favorite. I REALLY hope that they don't edit out the rapid-fire hits. That would make me really mad...

Fireflare

Smash Cadet
the FS will own but i think ike will get destroyed in 1vs1...maybe ike can use his normal aether to avoid some deadly combos...

iMichael

Smash Lord
the FS will own but i think ike will get destroyed in 1vs1...maybe ike can use his normal aether to avoid some deadly combos...
Yes Ike will own in multiplayer Brawls, but 1v1 is going to actually take some skill. Casual players are going to have fun, but competitive players like myself are going to try and take Ike to a new level. SamuraiPanda also stated that Ike's Fair is a SPIKE! OMG no matter what I'll always have to deal with these fairs to be spikes. I mained Mario....

fire_wulf

Smash Journeyman
Awesome.. Wasn't sure if the spikes were still present.. that little statement just made my day a whole lot better.. something more to look forward to in Feb

Althalus89

Smash Cadet
Well I haven't tried the demo but it seems to me lika Ike's FS gives most damage of all FS's. So it should be killing anyone. Link gets 95% when it's over and other FS's give like 65%...
Still Ike should rly be ALOT faster than he is on the demo. I mean Link seems to have become alot faster but Ike is so slow...

Top Bottom