• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Ike's chaingrab

Status
Not open for further replies.

Qnez

Smash Cadet
NNID
Gunzelino
3DS FC
4511-0457-1518
Does he have one? The wiki says yes, but it could be dated, and I heard its escapable from a lot of people.

metroid1117

Smash Master
He has a grab release chaingrab on Squirtle and Wario (Wario's is weird though, you have to pivot grab as demonstrated in this video) and a BThrow chaingrab on Bowser (just keep BThrowing over and over, it works until 60% or something).

EmblemPrincess

Smash Apprentice
So I've been right all along...

I've told people Ike can chaingrab and I know I've done it before. I'm glad for once I'm not wrong, even if it's only a few characters Ike can do it on, because I'm wrong a lot about things. xP

Marauder

Smash Journeyman
The one that most people know of is the wall infinite with Fthrow. Its as it sounds, Fthrow against a wall. Over and over and over again..

Teh Brettster

Smash Master
^That too.

Also, about Bowser, Ike can chaingrab him with Fthrow as well as BThrow. I've tested it several times.
No, not Fthrow. The Bthrow gives you a one-frame advantage against Bowser for a re-grab.. I'm not sure about other characters. The Fthrow takes longer, so you do NOT have time to re-grab if Bowser tries to get away (especially with upB).

And even Bthrow is tough. It has to be frame-perfect to work.. and only until about 60% IIRC.

comboking

Smash Master
Yes, The wiki is right about the Ike backthrow chaingrab on Bowser but not about it working on all characters.

Ike can chain grab almost anyone with his back and forward throw for a very long time, most definitely go over 100%.
from smash wiki

Atria

Smash Journeyman
Just add a wall in that quote and it should be fine. (Fthrow that is.)

I know that there's a Bthrow CG only on Bowser, but IDK...I can normally use this throw 3 times (At most.) in a row by dashing immediately after throwing them on some characters until Ike can't grab them again. IDK about the usefulness of this, (Like some characters have methods of escaping like Marth using his ^B.) but I've managed to do this to quite a few characters. I also conditioned a Marth into using his ^B to escape when I mistimed my dash and his attack missed. I then made him eat a Nair which was cool I thought. :) Has anyone else been able to use this throw about 3 times in a row on other characters or is it that my opponent has a slow reaction time? :ohwell: I've got a video of me doing it as well. But I'm pretty sure everyone here can imagine what it looks like. Lol.

Also, with the Fthrow wall infinite, does your opponent have to be at a low % or can you use it at any time you want without having to worry about them escaping?

Also CK, editting your post would've been fine on it's own.

Duker

Smash Journeyman
Also, with the Fthrow wall infinite, does your opponent have to be at a low % or can you use it at any time you want without having to worry about them escaping?
I don't know any exact numbers, but the opponent should be under ~120% for it to be reliable, but it will of course vary between chars.

EmblemPrincess

Smash Apprentice
No, not Fthrow. The Bthrow gives you a one-frame advantage against Bowser for a re-grab.. I'm not sure about other characters. The Fthrow takes longer, so you do NOT have time to re-grab if Bowser tries to get away (especially with upB).

And even Bthrow is tough. It has to be frame-perfect to work.. and only until about 60% IIRC.
I've tested it and gotten Bowser with both, though. But, since people always give me the bad DI excuse, that could also be it.

actmasterkings

Smash Cadet
the bthrow allows you to chain into a dash attack..

when you throw them they bounce and you can follow it up with the quickdraw or a dash attack..ive killed many people with it..BUT BE RIMINDED THAT YOU MUST BOUNCE THEM ON THE STAGE..!!.good luck trying.

Teh Brettster

Smash Master
the bthrow allows you to chain into a dash attack..

when you throw them they bounce and you can follow it up with the quickdraw or a dash attack..ive killed many people with it..BUT BE RIMINDED THAT YOU MUST BOUNCE THEM ON THE STAGE..!!.good luck trying.
This works in a certain damage % range... I'm not at all 100% certain, but I think it's best between like 60% and 120% on most characters. VERY very rough estimate.. I forget the more accurate numbers.

And yeah. Fthrow works against walls on mid- and heavyweight characters... no floaties, and not Marth, MK, or Sonic, due to upB escapes. (Sonic has an exception when you're UNDER the left side of the tree in Poke Stadium 1... you can get him there.)

Other than that, no Fthrow chains. Not sure about.. maybe on a moving platform when you don't have to move to re-grab.. but I can't test that out because my copy of Brawl got stolen at a smashfest yesterday (which really put a damper on my celebration of taking out 8 stocks myself in a crew battle..)

doom dragon 105

Smash Lord
other than the bower wario and Sqirt thing thats about it

You can do 2 ftrows with the right mind games but thats it

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom