• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Ike's best Sudden Death Options

thewiredknight

Smash Journeyman
Ok so due to poor speed and move lag Ike is a weak character in sudden death I've noticed.
Most often if I dare make the first move in sudden death as Ike I will lose even if I play some of the trickeri moves, he's just too slow to react well.

I've been winning more sudden deaths as of late where I let the opponent make the first move and create an opening by playing defensive. But does Ike have any good options if one intends to make the first move in sudden death?

Mostly I'm trying to avoid a dumb campfest where neither player wants to move and it's decided from randomly falling bobombs.

SCOTU

Smash Hero
niar, fair, bair, dash attack, jab combo utilt.

Fortunately, you'll never need to worry about this at a tourney.

enixbelmont

Smash Rookie
You might, against bowser.

Id wait until they attack or use back air. Neutral B works OK too if you can time it right thanks to super armor.

Ussi

Smash Legend
3DS FC
4613-6716-2183
quick draw works too(a short hop quick draw might work as a surprise). in fact any move ike has will kill in sudden death besides throws. just use the fast ones.

Gamer212

Smash Cadet
I use Quick Draw.

As long as you can get in and make a hit, you should be able to kill. Nearly every move will kill people.

0RLY

A great conversation filler at bars and parties
Retreat asap and charge quick draw. Release to dodge attacks or to attack. If you miss the quick draw, jab combo if they're in front of you, utilt if they're above you. If your opponent has a projectile, counter, Bv, may work.

Marthgreil

Smash Journeyman
If QD fails then go into a counter. Even if it misses (after counter has been sucessfully activated) you still live and can get away.

Fonix

Smash Cadet
Another good option that I'm really starting to open up and use is start a dash, cancel it with a shield, then come out of the shield with the AAA combo. If it works right you'll have blocked their attack(assuming they made one of course) with the shield and have them in the combo.

thewiredknight

Smash Journeyman
Yeah that was the problem I had. Ike's moves are laggy and leave him open if they miss - so I would rely on his fastest stuff (bair, jab combo). But still faster characters had an advantage till I started letting them make the first move so I would just wait for an opening.

Though lately RARing has been a fair alternative. Save for characters like Pikachu who is too bloody small to hit with Rar.

GofG

Smash Champion
I'm lolling at this thread. I think we should leave advanced stuff like SSD tactics to the Sbroom, guys.

Rakath

Smash Ace
Ike cannot kill in Sudden Death universally with:
Front Throw
Back Throw
Up Throw
Aether

If for some reason you do grab, you can by all means kill them with Down Throw. It can kill a Bowser at around 200%. Personally I'm generally using Quick Draws in sudden death, if the stage has platforms sometimes it'll be a U-Tilt or Hyphen Smash.

Top Bottom