• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Ike Vs. Zelda... Help?

J_TownStomp

Smash Rookie
Okay, I've established this is a hard match up, because of the constant Din's Fire spam. Can anyone help me out with how to get around the Din's Fire, and punish Zelda?

Also, (Tournament tomorrow, not a real big one, but I need to practice. If anyone wants to scrim me, just post your friend code. Mine's - 4339-2148-8891)

Thanks.

DraginHikari

Emerald Star Legacy
NNID
Draginhikari
3DS FC
4940-5455-2427
Switch FC
SW-7120-1891-0342
Din's Fire flies in a fairly simple pattern I've been able to air-dodge past it or even roll past it... mostly depends on how good of timing the Zelda player has.

Lord_Naomasa

Smash Apprentice
Air dodge, counter and shield. Remember though, the longer Dins fire is in the air, the bigger its blast radius.

Rykoshet

Smash Champion
Din's fire explodes at 1 point, 1 explosion, no lingering, that's it. If you dodge or block it, it's over. It's not like any other projectile where if you block or dodge it, oh **** there's another one. Just dodge the thing.

J_TownStomp

Smash Rookie
Well guys, I lost the tournament. And believe it or not, second bracket, I got paired against the zelda I feared. The first match, (It's on a best 2/3 setup), he said "I'm not spamming din's Fire." mid way through the match, it was Zelda - 2 stock, 57%, (Me) - 4 Stock - 40%, and he started spamming dins fire, and proceeded to beat me. 2 stock to 0. It was downright disrespectful.

Will anyone help scrim me for the next tournament?

Luthien

Smash Ace
Well guys, I lost the tournament. And believe it or not, second bracket, I got paired against the zelda I feared. The first match, (It's on a best 2/3 setup), he said "I'm not spamming din's Fire." mid way through the match, it was Zelda - 2 stock, 57%, (Me) - 4 Stock - 40%, and he started spamming dins fire, and proceeded to beat me. 2 stock to 0. It was downright disrespectful.

Will anyone help scrim me for the next tournament?

Sure. I spam all of Zelda's specials, so it should be good practice. Gimme your friend code, and feel free to meet me in the Hylian Hellfire chatbox. Organising is a lot easier that way.

http://z9.invisionfree.com/Hylian_Hellfire/index.php?act=idx

My FC is right under my avatar.

Top Bottom