• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

ike spikes ( EDIT:dair is a meteor)

/~Dogma~\

Smash Lord
okay this may be a waste of space but spikes are vital to me

out of all the vidz ive seen i have not seen ike spike anyone the moves that i assume COULD spike would be
nair not a spike
dair its a metor right when he thrusts out his sword
fair extremly weak spike hard to land and not worth trying for this spike.. (end stroke of the atk)
aether only drags oppenents down with u not a spike.:( (aethercides)
dtilt is a spike
i will also be a marth main so his spike into oblivion is a main weapon

with ikes already GREAT killing potential he would be a monster (or more of one then he already is XD)

so if anybody knows anything bout spikes for ike or has seen any vidz of it please post them here

thank you for taking your time to read this and i appreciate any info given...oh yeah one more thing....IKE FOR GOD TIER XD

/~Dogma~\

Smash Lord
yea i think i saw that awhile ago it was at the endstroke of the slash but it was a very weak spike comparable to roys or weaker

•Col•

Smash Champion
His FowardSmash spikes.... At least it did in the E4ALL demo...

•Col•

Smash Champion
no it didnt the character bounced off a breakable platform
Uh..... No, I don't think so.... Why would that happen when you can jump through the bottoms of the platforms on Skyworld? <_< Plus, even if they did, they wouldnt get shot down at a 45 degree angle....

The Ike did is a couple times in the video.... It only spikes if the opponent is in the air when they're hit though; Like how Link's DownTilt worked in Melee.

/~Dogma~\

Smash Lord
well im pretty sure his f smash is not a spike by anymeans that would make him extremly broken

/~Dogma~\

Smash Lord
i no u own it miller thats why u take vidz to see if the other spikes work....plz..>.>

Miller

Smash Lord
Dair and Dtilt when someone is edge guarding is confirmed to be a spike. I have videos but cannot post since Youtube is down at the moment.

Ndot

Smash Journeyman
Cool cool, so d-tilting as an edgeguard can spike downwards? Or diagonally downwards? If it does go diagonally, then its a true spike not meteor spike :).

Beauregard

Smash Cadet
okay this may be a waste of space but spikes are vital to me

out of all the vidz ive seen i have not seen ike spike anyone the moves that i assume COULD spike would be
nair (unknown)
dair its a metor right when he thrusts out his sword
fair (end stroke of the atk)
aether (aethercides)
dtilt is a spike
i will also be a marth main so his spike into oblivion is a main weapon

with ikes already GREAT killing potential he would be a monster (or more of one then he already is XD)

so if anybody knows anything bout spikes for ike or has seen any vidz of it please post them here

thank you for taking your time to read this and i appreciaye any info given...oh yeah one more thing....IKE FOR GOD TIER XD

I have been playing as ike for the last 6 hours, he is absolutely amazing, his Dtilt is a spike with a direct hit so long as they are not above the sword when it hits, and his Dair is an absolutely destructive spike when done near the begining of the animation, later on during the dair hits send upwards and away. ill try to get a video up soon.

Zareidriel

zuh-RAY-dree-ole
NNID
Zareidriei
It's not very good against skilled humans, but it might work against people like Falcon or Dorf.

/~Dogma~\

Smash Lord
WOW..... u probly couldve recovered from the dair its just u cant fast fall it but sweet the dtilt was amazing..

The_Corax_King

Smash Lord
His fair, fsmash, and dair are all apparently spikes.... go go Ike the Spiker!

(also why does everyone in this thread have the same cloud avatar >.>)

Zareidriel

zuh-RAY-dree-ole
NNID
Zareidriei
It doesn't matter if his FSmash is a spike, it kill anyone at like 30% with the most beautiful sound in the world. xD

And I don't think either FSmash or FAir is a spike, though FAir might be. *shrug*

Top Bottom