• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

ike slightly easy

legion598

Smash Ace
ok i main both ike and marth and i gotta say it was harder to learn marth then it was to learn ike however marth was easier to use later on because of his higher potential so what im sayin is ike wasnt hard to pick up because he really didnt have a huge list of techniques to learn and marth was harder to learn because of all his techniques so in conclusion ike is easy to learn but hard to master. any1 else feel this way?

Arturito_Burrito

Smash Master
Thats the truth not just how you feel. Which is the reason people come in here going Ike is broken or Ike is to good because they only play with there friends and one of them was able to learn Ike while the rest of them haven't learned the character they are playing. At least back then I haven't seen one of those awful threads in a long time so I guess they finally figured out how to spot dodge.

Even so I like Ike the way he is. Sure he should have been a deeper character and he would probably be better than Marth if they where both based off there games but when I win with Ike its because I'm the better player most of the time. Tiers don't come into play for me.

Liquid_Kai?

Smash Apprentice
Ike is only easy to use because he fights for his friends.

*tumbleweed*

Sorry.

Nyjin

Smash Ace
3DS FC
3179-6397-7213
Ike is hard what are you talking about!

*Forward Smash*

Missed!

*Forward Smash again*

**** it!

*Looks around for Smash Ball*

NOOO!

Rykoshet

Smash Champion
Ike is in no way advanced but the concept that he's just brute strength is kinda silly, the character has some speed limitations but he can be ridiculously quick, especially for the power and range behind his attacks.

vegeta9000

Smash Cadet
ike is not easy to learn

with marth, as a newb, his dancing blades is a superfast attack to rack up damage, and his cstick forward smash is fast and easy to use if you are a noob

downsmash between the two are about equal.

ike has a large upsmash but its still slow and most noobs will miss with it a lot cause its so slow. marths upsmash has a much smaller hitbox than ikes and it sucks but who cares the noob will learn the first time he uses it to basically never use it again, stick to dancing blades and Fsmash.

but just cause marths upsmash sucks that dont matter, noobs can just not use it and stick to dancing blades and fsmash

ikes ONLY fast attack for a noob is his AAA combo, everything else is slow. most people learning ike will use the AAA combo all day, and every other attack is so slow he will miss. ikes AAA combo is the only noob friendly thing on the character

marths DB and Fsmash are fast that it makes marth easy to learn and play with for noobs. all of ikes attacks are pretty **** slow.

noobs dont really use tilts, but if they did, marth wins again his are faster and easier for noobs. ikes tilts have lag at the end of them making it harder to learn

marth (DB, fsmash) and ike (AAA combo) both have a fast move for noobs on the ground, noobs dont use tilts but if they did marth would be faster and more noob friendly in that department
so they are about equal there.... but then
in the air, all of marths aireals are faster than ikes making marth easier for noobs and easier to learn in the air. and noobs do lots of air combat. marth is much easier to learn in the air and hit people with marths aireal attacks

marth is all around an easier character to learn. what makes ike not completely suck in tournament play is he has range so the ike pro needs to have good spacing and hit his opponent with his longrange attacks while the opponent isnt in range for his attacks. ike has one quick attack (AAA combo) for the pros to use but everything else like tilts and air attacks are slow attacks and hard to use and require the ike pro to learn spacing so he can use the range of his attacks to make up for their slowness. thats hard to learn.

marth is easier to master than ike. and by master i mean, "be good in a tournament with"

Ranulf

Smash Rookie
^

Marth is much harder to learn then Ike. You're talking from a noobs prespective.
As far as strings and abilities go, Ike is definently an easier player to pick up because his high KO ability. Which is what newer players seek in a main.

Im not saying its not hard to learn ike. Its just marth is a more complicated player. Even though it takes skill to win with ike.

I think..

noobslayer

Smash Apprentice
^

Marth is much harder to learn then Ike. You're talking from a noobs prespective.
As far as strings and abilities go, Ike is definently an easier player to pick up because his high KO ability. Which is what newer players seek in a main.

Im not saying its not hard to learn ike. Its just marth is a more complicated player. Even though it takes skill to win with ike.

I think..
It is more difficult to play successfully with Ike then Marth at a high level of play; virtually every tier list out there, including the bad ones, can show you this.

Nyjin

Smash Ace
3DS FC
3179-6397-7213
Ike is easier for noobs (Like that matters to anyone.)

Ike is alot harder to use in competitive play. (Marth is alot more common/adaptable.)

legion598

Smash Ace
i personally think marth is one of the hardest characters to just pick up because hes all about trapping and reading an oponent not to mention tipping takes some crazy percision

HW_Dark Link

Smash Journeyman
i personally think marth is one of the hardest characters to just pick up because hes all about trapping and reading an oponent not to mention tipping takes some crazy percision

I agree Marth is hard to master but Ike takes extreme skill to defeat a pro with...I dont wanna give up on my Ike but I guess I have to...

Top Bottom