• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Ike IS Top Tier. Period.

GofG

Smash Champion
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JpmkT3qXeXg

Me and my Ike 2v2 partner Foxy playing some random noob team online.

Match actually starts at 2:00, sorry for the amazingly crappy forgot-to-cut-it.

Points of interest:

2:28-2:35 - Holy ****ing **** Woah

4:50-4:55 - Holy ****ing **** AGAIN

With this imperical evidence, how could anyone say that Ike is NOT top tier?

Hostility

Smash Ace
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JpmkT3qXeXg

Me and my Ike 2v2 partner Foxy playing some random noob team online.

Match actually starts at 2:00, sorry for the amazingly crappy forgot-to-cut-it.

Points of interest:

2:28-2:35 - Holy ****ing **** Woah

4:50-4:55 - Holy ****ing **** AGAIN

With this imperical evidence, how could anyone say that Ike is NOT top tier?
So you beat a couple of scrubs online and now you think you're good?

Get off your own nuts.

GofG

Smash Champion
I'm sorry, you must have missed my <sarcasm> tags. :/ My point was that Ike's fsmash is way overpowered if you can time it right, I guess.

Eddy01741

Smash Cadet
Yes, his fsmash is arguably the most powerful single move in the game, it's 22% not charged IIRC, and KOs basically everybody at 50% and up. Only problem is the severe lag.

M@v

Subarashii!
Hes good for ffa, and thats it. he attacks way too slow to be high tier. faster charcters can easily dodge his moves in 1v1s

SCOTU

Smash Hero
Yes, his fsmash is arguably the most powerful single move in the game, it's 22% not charged IIRC, and KOs basically everybody at 50% and up. Only problem is the severe lag.
it does 23% uncharged w/o stale-ness. It starts KOing people closer to 60-65% w/o DI, but with DI, it starts killing them closer to 80%.

In terms of actually using it though, I hit with it like 2 or 3 times only in a tournament yesterday.

If you're talking about single most powerful move, that would be Charizard's Rock Smash. That thing can do frikin 45% if you hit with it right, it has less knockback than Ikes Fsmash IIRC, but comes out faster, puts away faster, and you can do it in the air, making it a viable tech chase.

nitro-blazer

Smash Lord
Ike will not be top tier.

Play a good Toon link, Samus, Snake, Pit, Falco, etc. Even MArth, DeDeDe give him a fair bit of trouble. Projectiles end up owning him and Ike only has a few viable approaches even without them Projectiles eliminate most of them.

K20AFoozbal

Smash Apprentice
pikachu for top tier!!!!

amirite?!!

seriously tho... as much as we all like ike, we have to come to terms that there are better toons. Tlink, ZSS, DDD and lucas come to mind. That is if those characters are played right.

everything about ike is just too slow. idk... i guess we'll see. tier systems are set up based on how tourney's go so only time will tell.

thaxceptional1

Smash Lord
**** out of here. ike is slow and is punished easy when he missed a smash attack. plus his grabs are useless and he cant even hug (or atleast it never works when i try). Ike is low tier, but i dont care he's still awesome to play with/

blizzard138

Smash Apprentice
Ike isn't top tier for ****s sake. Hes waaaay to slow. Yea he does crazy damage but almost all of his moves have about 3/4 the charge time of Falcon Punch it evens it out. I'm not going to go into detail with this because I feel like I'm wasting my time talking to some noob who thinks because one move hes top tier.

Tsuteto

火事で死ね
Marth's fair is not the grand, only if you, you know, hit with it.

Ike is probably going to be anywhere between low - high tier. Chances are he's not going to be high tier as well.

MetalFace

Smash Rookie
Ike has the potential to be at least in the middle-higher part of the tier list. I mean, speed isnt that much of a problem if you can time his attacks right. Plus his RAR bair, nair and the famous grand viper technique, and a firm hand in the match, you can KO anyone, anywhere. Although it is a pain in the *** to battle against a speedy character, keep in mind that most of the speedy characters are very light, thus it takes fewer attacks and less damage to knock em out.

High tier or not, im still using Ike. I have this thing for sword wielders :p

Rebel581

Smash Champion
Hes good for ffa, and thats it. he attacks way too slow to be high tier. faster charcters can easily dodge his moves in 1v1s
Bair.

Ike will not be top tier.

Play a good Toon link, Samus, Snake, Pit, Falco, etc. Even MArth, DeDeDe give him a fair bit of trouble. Projectiles end up owning him and Ike only has a few viable approaches even without them Projectiles eliminate most of them.
You got his main weakness. I'm still working on ways past projectile games. I'll get back to you when it's not a major weakness. Good job being the only person I'm not going to correct though!

**** out of here. ike is slow and is punished easy when he missed a smash attack. plus his grabs are useless and he cant even hug (or atleast it never works when i try). Ike is low tier, but i dont care he's still awesome to play with/
Then don't use the smash attack. Use bair. And fthrow to bair can work. Not very well, but it's better than a majority of grabs, which btw, are useless.

Ike isn't top tier for ****s sake. Hes waaaay to slow. Yea he does crazy damage but almost all of his moves have about 3/4 the charge time of Falcon Punch it evens it out. I'm not going to go into detail with this because I feel like I'm wasting my time talking to some noob who thinks because one move hes top tier.
Well then Falcon Punch is a broken move. Because that bair comes out very fast.

I think he is high tier at least due to one move. I just don't think it's the fsmash. That bair is insane.

templar rage

Smash Cadet
On some of the lighter characters, I have gotten KOs with Fsmash at as low as 20%. It is ridiculously overpowered, but it is slow and hard to hit with any charge at all. I just can't see Ike as top tier.

ShadowLink84

Smash Hero
That is the only fast move that ike has, it will stale and it becomes predictable if you abuse it too much.

You got his main weakness. I'm still working on ways past projectile games. I'll get back to you when it's not a major weakness. Good job being the only person I'm not going to correct though!
I find that it isn't too bad against characters like Pit who only have one projectile at a time and because it is predictable on its own.
he can't seem to get past characters like Link who have multiple projectiles and can fling them at him afte rhte other very quickly. I just can't see how he will approach Link without getting hit by a bomb or a boomerang or an arrow or maybe both.

Well then Falcon Punch is a broken move. Because that bair comes out very fast.

I think he is high tier at least due to one move. I just don't think it's the fsmash. That bair is insane.
Due to that one move?

Is there ANY character that is high tier due to having ONE strong and fast move?
None.
Ike needs a lot more than a bair to make it to high tier and unfortunately fro the way things look he doesn't appear to have enough.

Tsuteto

火事で死ね
bair, sideb, and upb are all good moves in all reality. upb is really good to rack up the damage from the initial hit, and you don't get flinched when using it so your placing doesn't get the messed up. His dtilt is a good spike if you can pull it off just before they grab the edge, as well as his dair for way out there.

I still think he'll only be mid tier though.

Pabs

Smash Cadet
nair + bair are his two best moves in my opinion. Don't really care about tiers though, it's not like he's horrible to play with because his fsmash has a ton of lag. Just don't use moves that leave you too open, he can KO with almost any move. He's still a monster in my book.

St. Viers

Smash Champion
People, shut up already, or at least keep it all in one thread XD

ike has fast moves :up-tilt, b-air, jab, side B

just learn tp play and be patient ;)

Top Bottom