• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Ike and Link Partner help

doom dragon 105

Smash Lord
Sorry if this should go somewhere else

There is a high possibility that I will enter a doubles tourney with a Link, and I main Ike.

Any advice, to both sides

I did some doubles with Ike not long ago(Ice, if you know the guy) in some freindlies vs Pepito and jadde, basically you want to be more offensive than the link since the link has more projectiles and more speed for punishing also link should be moving more than the Ike and try to control the flow of the opponents while the Ike should guard link.

Well but thats just me, Im really defensive, haha

I must say that Ike and link does really well together, me and Ice could really keep it up with jadde and pepito as long as we did the link, Ike combination.

doom dragon 105

Smash Lord
I did some doubles with Ike not long ago(Ice, if you know the guy) in some freindlies vs Pepito and jadde, basically you want to be more offensive than the link since the link has more projectiles and more speed for punishing also link should be moving more than the Ike and try to control the flow of the opponents while the Ike should guard link.

Well but thats just me, Im really defensive, haha

I must say that Ike and link does really well together, me and Ice could really keep it up with jadde and pepito as long as we did the link, Ike combination.
Hmm ok ok thanks that should really help out

Anymore advice guys?

Deva

Smash Lord
Dont be afraid to throw out a few f-smashes here and there as Ike. Link's projectiles will either get you out of your f-smash annimation so you dont get punished worse or hit the opponent so you get a free f-smash. In general, the Link should spam while the Ike spaces with fairs and what not.

DivineBlade

Smash Apprentice
My idea is have Link set up Ike's kill moves with Link's grab because of its long reach. If it misses charge up your side-b attack to protect Link from a distance. Distance and alternation is the key.

Jack_Shadow

Smash Rookie
once your down to 2 on 1 you've got it won. As said above you should try and play offensive/defensive, and idealy get link to set you up for some of those 30% KO f-smashes i hate so very much. Good luck.

Zane the pure

Smash Ace
My two favs on a team!
Link & Ike work quite well together
As Ike, you get to use alot more power moves cuz any good Link partner knows how to support. Ike can space and kill while Link can pepper them w/ projectiles and kill (if nessacary)
And if you really wanna mess up the opponent, lock them in an inescapeable jab canceling frenzy. The dreaded double lock! DA DA DAAAA!
Make sure you don't hit Link though, friendly fire is the undoing of any team.

Top Bottom