• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Ike: An amazing teammate

KosukeKGA

Smash Champion
Ike seems like a good edge guarder.

Also, someone could combo with him and have his partner throw the opponent into his Ragnell. X3

Darkenedsoul

Smash Cadet
Though it won't help if friendly fire is on. XD you could send you friend flying and maybe kill him.

Dark Sonic

Smash Hero
Ehh, Marth and Gannon do fine in teams in melee. They've got huge range and quite a bit of power, yet they're great teammates. It's not like Ike will be shooting missles all day. The Ike player will just have to be careful, just like Marth or Gannon players, but it won't really hinder his gameplay (like it does with Samus because she can't use her projectiles as much for pressuring.)

Kips

Smash Ace
Remember that to be a top professional would mean perfect spacing and excellent space judgement. This means that I'm sure they could determine the distance in between the sword and opponent and then hit them while their grabbed without hitting their teammate.

D

Deleted member

Ike and Peach would be a great combo, not least because if Peach's FS went well, it would mean almost-insta death from Ike.

Kips

Smash Ace
It almost beats the ultimate team of Mewtwo and Pichu. But seriously, if Jiggs is back then he/she/it/potato/statue will probably have an Up+B buff. And we all know how this one ends... IKE F-SMASH!

Meta Shelb

Smash Rookie
also, ike doesn't have the manueverability or the recovery to stay alive for a long time
im a casual player, i get together with my friends often to play. If i want to use ike and lets say im pretty good at reading my friends and how they play do i have a chance to win with ike or is he really that bad. Assume that im good enough to hold my own as well.

Leobenmc

Smash Journeyman
Ike and Peach would be a great combo, not least because if Peach's FS went well, it would mean almost-insta death from Ike.
Since Friendly Fire is usually on during tournaments, wouldn't Peach's FS make Ike fall asleep too? Would the teammates have to do a synchronized countdown to make sure Ike jumps in time? XD

Regardless, I think Jigglypuff Sleep + Ike **** is a good idea, let's hope it pans out.

sheikattack

Smash Cadet
Fire Emblem is great! I can only hope that they have at least one other character from the series in the game, so that character and Ike can work together.

Kips

Smash Ace
Too bad Sothe has already been shown as an AT. Then again he wouldn't that great of a partner for Ike. It's not so much the speed as the ability to get someone in one place where Ike can hit them that makes them good with Ike.

REDRAGON

Smash Ace
Theres no doubt that Ike will be better in teams.
Being more hectic, and the ability to smash players when your teammate grabs them will give Ike a boast considering he is extremely powerful.

But keep in mind that to be a good teammate you need to be a good character in the first place.
And from what we have seen, Ike is one of the worst in the game. He just sucks.

I love Ike though and i will be using him in team for sure. Just don't get your hopes up on him being good in team....

Redragon

Top Bottom