• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

If you're reading this, then Sakurai doesn't care about you!

Fastest

Smash Ace
Oh hey guys, how's it going? :chuckle:

I figured you kids need a reality check. Confused? :confused: Well, think of this post as my way of yelling into a kindergarten classroom about how Santa Claus is a lie. I'm here just to give ya kids a nice friendly reminder that: Sakurai, and the rest of the Brawl development team, don't care about you. Confused again? :confused: :confused: Well then, how about some math to explain:

Registered Smash Boards Members: 69,000
Super Smash Brothers Melee Copies Sold Worldwide: 6,000,000

If each board member owned one copy of the game, then Smashboards would represent a whopping 1% of the entire Melee gaming population.

Well there you have it. Smashboards, the elite cream-of-the-crop hub for the best smash players in the world is but a drop in the bucket of all smash players. :psycho:

Kids, don't hold your breath for anything. Think who plays the other 5,931,000 smash brothers copies? My 5 year old cousin, who plays a mean c-stick Pikachu, owns a copy of melee. My girlfriend owns a copy. Her advanced tactics involve offensively using Kirby's Down+B from the stratosphere of final destination. I once saw a video on TV of a bunch of kids with downs syndrome playing smash. I'm sure at least one of those pros owns a copy. :laugh::laugh:

Nintendo isn't dumb. They're of course going to cater brawl to the gamers who comprise 99% of their player base. Which means brawl will of course be friendly to 5 year olds, ******** people, and otherwise crappy gamers.

The next time you decide to post your opintions on how wavedashing should be removed because it killed your father. Or that Brawl should be balanced better. Remember that the rest of the world doesn't care about your plight. The other 99% of the population is happy to play Melee with items set to VERY HIGH on Flatzone. :(:(

smidge

Smash Apprentice
99% of smash bros players, arent *******, little kids etc (im sure they do play smash, but 99% is a bit of an overstatement). . .nintendo arent that stupid to base the game just for them, they will (hopefully) do their best to encorperate the game for all ranges (it means then they can sell more copies). . . im happy enough for other people to play with all items off as it doesnt bother me . .. personally i play with my friends with items set to medium, because its fun. . .all owners of a copy of melee plays the way they want to

ZeldaFox38

Smash Lord
Wowzers. Somebody ate their Wheaties today!

What sparked this rant? Was there a particular topic today that just made you snap? I think we've all seen some pretty asinine stuff, but you must have seen something terrible. Frankly, I want to see it as well so I can shake my head in disgust.

It's always good to have a cup of humility soup.

GaryCXJk

Smash Lord
Yes, Sakurai doesn't care about us.

But that also means he doesn't care about the rest.

Face it, not every Smash player goes to this board. In fact, not every Smash player goes to a board at all to talk about their fandomness.

clace

Smash Journeyman
Oh wow, that's some great logic. Just because your sister and your little brother play smash, you think that 5 year olds and non-pro's are 99% of the Smash Brothers player base? A more accurate view is that 1 in 3 smash brother players are Pro.

An even more accurate view is that SmashBoards isn't the only place smashers go to. There are lots of other forums people go to to discuss smash sometimes, and also some people don't have PC's, some have PC's but not internet.

Think about more than personal statistics.

This wasn't meant to be a bad tempered 'STFU' btw, I'm just saying. No offense meant.

PitIcarus

Smash Ace
Oh wow, that's some great logic. Just because your sister and your little brother play smash, you think that 5 year olds and non-pro's are 99% of the Smash Brothers player base? A more accurate view is that 1 in 3 smash brother players are Pro.

An even more accurate view is that SmashBoards isn't the only place smashers go to. There are lots of other forums people go to to discuss smash sometimes, and also some people don't have PC's, some have PC's but not internet.

This wasn't meant to be a bad tempered 'STFU' btw, I'm just saying. No offense meant.
1 in 3 smash players a pro?

By that you mean 1 out of the 3 people who spend time in your basement are pro right?

Fastest

Smash Ace

1 in 3? Ha!
I've been to at least 25 tournaments. Even then, most people who go to them suck and are NOT *pro*. I agree with the basement response above me.

Good job on pointing out that there are probably other places that smash people congregate. If you would gladly point out where these places are and whom, if any, pros actually congregate there.

Gamefaqs doesn't count. The only reason pros have accounts there is to make fun of scrubs.

Fastest

Smash Ace
I find it in bad taste that you mention people with down syndrome and laugh at them. My cousin has down syndrome. That's not funny, it's offensive.
The laughs were for the whole paragraph, not specifically downs syndrome.

You must concede the fact that your cousin is not, and will never be a pro smash brothers player. Thus, counting him as a scrub and not part of the "elite 1%" is valid.

Revven

FrankerZ
Yeah, I find that down syndrome comment offensive. I have a sister who's older than me with down syndrome. I didn't like it that you laughed at it too...

Limey

Smash Fan
BRoomer
This thread is ridiculous. Most people know that Brawl will not tailor to the competitive players, because if they did they'd be alienating almost their entire fanbase.

The only thing is, Brawl tailors to both types of players with the use of their options, and competitive players are happy about that. I haven't heard many competitive players complaining about this, because all they have to do is tweak the game to how the seem fit.

You on the other hand, seem to hold your elitist views higher than anyone else's.

Brawl, like Melee, will cater to both types, so why the **** are you moaning, and acting as if you're better than everyone else?

clace

Smash Journeyman
1 in 3? Ha!
I've been to at least 25 tournaments. Even then, most people who go to them suck and are NOT *pro*. I agree with the basement response above me.

Good job on pointing out that there are probably other places that smash people congregate. If you would gladly point out where these places are and whom, if any, pros actually congregate there.

Gamefaqs doesn't count. The only reason pros have accounts there is to make fun of scrubs.
Whoops, typo.

I meant seeing as you play smash competitively but your sister and brother play it casually 1 in 3 people playing smash competitively would be a pseudo-sensible guess.

TheMagicalKuja

Smash Champion
3DS FC
2020-0988-7919
I don't know why, but this is the funniest topic I've seen here in ages.

For one thing, I find keeping up in topics **** near impossible because every major topic has 200+ responses, but this one...

Fastest

Smash Ace
Whoops, typo.

I meant seeing as you play smash competitively but your sister and brother play it casually 1 in 3 people playing smash competitively would be a pseudo-sensible guess.
Gotcha.
I merely mentioned 3 people who others could relate to.

Everyone has seen a little kid play smash. Or their significant other play it like crap. Or a crappy person play smash as if they were ********.

Team Giza

Smash Lord
You don't have to be a tournament player to know that a game is shallow or deep. You don't need to be a hardcore player to have tastes in games. Sakurai will be trying to market it to us too. And you know why? Cause we are very key players. We are the people who keep the game title fresh in many people minds. We bring up the game constantly and are the ones who continuously play the game. Nintendo has always marketed somewhat towards the hardcore players. Just look at the majority of the Mario Kart games and you will see what I mean. We might not be the full focus of Sakurai and his team, the people looking for Nintendo fan service are, but that doesn't mean he doesn't care about us.

And small children have taste too and love the advanced stuff in games. I know a 5 year old who L-cancels, wavedashes and chainthrows. He likes Super Smash Bros Melee a lot. He also seems to enjoy a lot of other deep and high taste games. This youngens actually do notice quality... give them more credit.

Fastest

Smash Ace
I don't know why, but this is the funniest topic I've seen here in ages.

For one thing, I find keeping up in topics **** near impossible because every major topic has 200+ responses, but this one...
You may be the smartest of them all. It's interesting how angry people get when you tell them that they don't matter and that downs syndrome is an inhibitor to competitive gaming.

Chibirobo

Smash Ace
Losing Virginity > Being in the 1% smash bros elite

And coincidentally there is no overlap!
**** straight. I don't take Brawl that seroiusly,and alot of these hard core players on these boards need to calm down because Sakurai isn't going going to crater just to the tourney nuts who obess over tier lists,but Fastest is going kind of far.

makoReactor

Smash Rookie
This point is ********. Even if nintendo makes the game "more friendly", there are skills that still need to be mastered in the game.

Fastest

Smash Ace
**** straight. I don't take Brawl that seroiusly,and alot of these hard core players on these boards need to calm down because Sakurai isn't going going to crater just to the tourney nuts who obess over tier lists,but Fastest is going kind of far.
How am I going too far if you just agreed with me?

SuperAce

Smash Journeyman
Well, it's because you honestly wasted your time telling us that Sakurai is going to develop a game based on the fanbase. Duh, it won't cater to anyone specific, we know that. We're not stupid dude, we just enjoy talking about an exciting new game in the works that we look forward to. That's probably why you're registered too. Although he does care about fan opionon (Nintendo Forums world wide urged their members to send in character recomendations during summer '06, so he wants the game to fit the wants of most players, including members here like me... and you too.)
Point Being: In essence, since Smash's fanbase is so wide, you just said that Brawl is going to have something for everyone. So you pointed out the obvious and I wasted space by replying on the obvious. Just thought I'd say that.

Oh and Kirye. That was laugh out loud funny dude. Puts my rant to shame.

Chibirobo

Smash Ace

I agree with you to an extent. While some of these posters need to realize Brawl just be for guys that sacrafice their social lives for every second of a game and ***** about items and if Zamus can only be unlocked with a Final Smash,I don't think 99% of the fanbase is little kids and special ed kids,and of course,causual gamers. So,I agree with your point,i think you're just being a bit harsh about it.

Gannondorf the fifth

Smash Apprentice
Oh hey guys, how's it going? :chuckle:

I figured you kids need a reality check. Confused? :confused: Well, think of this post as my way of yelling into a kindergarten classroom about how Santa Claus is a lie. I'm here just to give ya kids a nice friendly reminder that: Sakurai, and the rest of the Brawl development team, don't care about you. Confused again? :confused: :confused: Well then, how about some math to explain:

Registered Smash Boards Members: 69,000
Super Smash Brothers Melee Copies Sold Worldwide: 6,000,000

If each board member owned one copy of the game, then Smashboards would represent a whopping 1% of the entire Melee gaming population.

Well there you have it. Smashboards, the elite cream-of-the-crop hub for the best smash players in the world is but a drop in the bucket of all smash players. :psycho:

Kids, don't hold your breath for anything. Think who plays the other 5,931,000 smash brothers copies? My 5 year old cousin, who plays a mean c-stick Pikachu, owns a copy of melee. My girlfriend owns a copy. Her advanced tactics involve offensively using Kirby's Down+B from the stratosphere of final destination. I once saw a video on TV of a bunch of kids with downs syndrome playing smash. I'm sure at least one of those pros owns a copy. :laugh::laugh:

Nintendo isn't dumb. They're of course going to cater brawl to the gamers who comprise 99% of their player base. Which means brawl will of course be friendly to 5 year olds, ******** people, and otherwise crappy gamers.

The next time you decide to post your opintions on how wavedashing should be removed because it killed your father. Or that Brawl should be balanced better. Remember that the rest of the world doesn't care about your plight. The other 99% of the population is happy to play Melee with items set to VERY HIGH on Flatzone. :(:(
O.k., first off, you're just assuming that WE (or even myself) actually want sakurai to care about us or myself. I, personally, do NOT care. I post my opinions. That's it.

Also, Just because buys a copy of smash, doesn't mean they're playing it. I think "cater" is slightly inaccurate of a verb in this case. "Cater" suggests it'll be more in their favor. I do recall sakurai saying this'll be the "best smash bros. ever!" and in fact, do believe he has this next game aimed at the hardcore market because, if he honestly loves his game and the Wii to that much extent, than i'm sure he wants the game to be played over and over and not played once, partially and then put onto a shelf.

I honestly love wavedashing and need it, and the balancing is fine. Lastly, Down Syndrom doesn't inhibit one's ability to play smash. Consequently, this just proves you know nothing of down syndrom. It's merely an extra chromosome with their gene pool that just makes them learn slightly slower and look different. They're otherwise entirely human and shouldn't be treated any less.

Otherwise, you're right about the other little kids though that just go about posting frivilous statements about things like wavedashing and advanced techs. They just want the game to "dumb" down to their level rather than them try harder and practice. Oh well, just let them be disappointed rather then rant on them, you accomplish nothing when you egg 10 year olds....they egg back. lol

Fastest

Smash Ace
Well, it's because you honestly wasted your time telling us that Sakurai is going to develop a game based on the fanbase. Duh, it won't cater to anyone specific, we know that. We're not stupid dude, we just enjoy talking about an exciting new game in the works that we look forward to. That's probably why you're registered too. Although he does care about fan opionon (Nintendo Forums world wide urged their members to send in character recomendations during summer '06, so he wants the game to fit the wants of most players, including members here like me... and you too.)
Point Being: In essence, since Smash's fanbase is so wide, you just said that Brawl is going to have something for everyone. So you pointed out the obvious and I wasted space by replying on the obvious. Just thought I'd say that.
For the record, no, I didn't register to "talk about an exciting new game".

I registered to hang out solely in the Midwest forums to correspond with people about tournaments on an all-business policy.

That all changed however, when I started reading the ridiculous posts everywhere else on the forum. For example, I annually post a very truthful, heartfelt, and factual thread about how the ridiculous discussions here on smash boards are a waste of the planet's resources. I mean, seriously, if you were to look at half the threads on this page, how many of them were done by someone over 13? How much of an intellectual discussion are you going to have with someone who insists pokemon #124124 should be in Brawl? How in-depth of a strategy are you going to get from "Viper556's Tier List Thoughts", when his greatest smash exploit is beating his best friend's cousin who plays a mean ol' Link?

Look, I've been on the internet for quite a while. Over 10 years in fact. I've seen my fair share of message boards and ridiculous internet chatter. However, the one place that takes the cake- the one place that never ceases to amaze me with how mind numbing threads are, is Smashboards.

It should be quite obvious from my grammar and tone that I'm a step above the rest when it comes to cognitive ability. So don't write this off as your everyday post- lord knows there's way too many. But when you kids can't see a diamond in the ruff is when I weep for the future.

Top Bottom