• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

If you were the main director of the next Super Smash Bros. game, how would you make it?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Creativion

Smash Apprentice
Your phone rings, you answer it, It's Masahiro Sakurai. He tells you that he wants you to be the director of the next Smash Bros. for him. You gladly accept the offer, and Nintendo announces it. Fans expect brand new Characters, Stages, Modes, Items, Assists, and more. What major things would you add or remove from the game? What do you do?

This might be a big thread depending on how much traffic it gets and/or what people want to post or how much they post.
I will most likely post my ideas I have as well.

Beach

Smash Apprentice
NNID
CallMeBeach
Melee HD with 60 some characters, also 75m sacrificed in Sakurai's name.

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
The Fabulous Friendly Super Sparkle Train
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
I'm going to go on a tangent about all the features I would add but lets's start with the roster:

Fighters:
Cuts Were Made... Roster.png

74 individual characters.

Newcomers: Captain Toad, Paper Mario, King K. Rool, Dixie Kong, Impa, Skull Kid, Midna & Wolf Link, Medusa, Excitebike, Bandanna Dee, Krystal, Isabelle, Takamaru, Lyn, Isaac, Sami, Chibi-Robo, Karate Joe, Dillon, Inkling, Rayman, Banjo & Kazooie

All of the veterans here are mostly identical to their Smash 4 and Brawl counterparts, however, a few have been noticeably changed:

- Luigi: Completely de-cloned from Mario, now fighting with the Poltergust 5000.
- Link: He is noticably faster and uses a design inspired by A Link Between Worlds.
- Ganondorf: Has a mostly overhauled moveset using his trident, and assumes his pig beast form by default.
- Palutena: As custom moves are gone, her specials have been changed.
- Ice Climbers: Has a significantly changed moveset and it's harder to desync the Climbers.
- Robin: Elwind now requires two button presses, Arcfire can be held for more power, and Robin is faster.
- Sonic: Has changed special moves and different standard moves.

In addition to the characters shown here, certain variation fighters are selectable after choosing the corresponding fighter, highlighted here in yellow -
Dr. Mario (Mario) - Heavier and stronger, and uses Pills instead of fire
Daisy (Peach) - Faster and lighter while having flower effects instead of hearts
Sheik (Impa) - Different special moves and a different Final Smash
Dark Pit (Pit) - Altered special moves and a unique Final Smash
Alph (Olimar) - Uses a unique Pikmin type (Rock) and relies less on Pikmin
Pichu (Pikachu) - Faster and lighter, damages itself for higher power
Lucina (Marth) - Has a sword that deals even damage throughout.

Also, there are a few fighters who have variation movesets highlighted in red -
Rosalina - Can fight without Luma. Increased attack power
Captain Toad - Can fight as regular Toad (no backpack)
Ice Climbers - Can fight as one Climber with increased attack power
Lucario - Can fight with no Aura but standard power and speed

Other alternate costumes: Dry Bowser (Bowser), The Koopalings (Bowser Jr.), Cpt. Toadette (Cpt. Toad), Overalls Wario (Wario), Ganondorf (Ganon), Wireframe Mac (Little Mac), 64 Fox (Fox) 64 Falco (Falco), Matthew (Isaac)
Robin, Inkling, Villager, and Wii Fit Trainer have male and female costumes.
---
Gameplay/Modes:

- Custom Moves are gone in favor of variation movesets and fighters.

- All stages still have an Omega version, in addition to certain stages having variations with stage elements removed for balanced fighting

- Characters have three trophies - Default, Alt, and Final Smash. All alternate costumes have their own trophy. You still earn character trophies from clearing a mode with them - Classic for default, Adventure for Alt, and All-Star for Final Smash.

- Challenges Mode is radically changed. Now, each type of content - Trophy, Music, Stage, and Character - has their own section. Rather than an allotted amount of Golden Hammers, you can purchase them with a large amount of coins. You can also open certain challenges directly with coins, such as character trophies earning from clearing modes.

- Classic Mode is linear like in Melee and Brawl, having ten stages culminating in a boss battle with Master Hand and Crazy Hand.

- Adventure Mode returns and is a combination of Smash 3DS's Classic Mode and Melee's Adventure Mode. The final boss changes depending on which path you take.

- All-Star Mode returns. The order is the same as Smash 3DS - oldest fighters to newest fighters.

- Special Orders return, exactly the same as before. Golden Hammers are now potential rewards in the modes.

- Stage Builder returns but leans closer to it's Brawl version than Smash 4. However it still has many new features, including the ability to place objects in the background, and many new shapes and tools.

*I will add more to this later, like a list of items, stages, AT's.

Last edited:

Toon612Link

Smash Journeyman
In respect for Sakurai I would continue the Ridley controversy. Keep Lucina and Dark pit, Cut Link for Ghirham or any other 1 time zelda character, 3 costumes per character, if Namco is still co developer add Goku and bundle him in with 3 other characters so people are forced to buy him.

6 months later after the game has been out I would do what Capcom does with the street fighter series and make Hyper SSB5, It would basically be Project M but on the NX and not free. If project M still exists, I would want Iwata to Content ID all Gameplay of brawl.

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
I'd add Viridi, Shantae, and King K Rool in Smash

BlackAura111

Smash Rookie
If I was the director of Super Smash Bros, I'd call it Super Smash Bros Crusade (as the title), add every veteran from 64 to 3DS/WII U, add 13 newcomers to the roster along, add every stage from 64 to 3DS/Wii U then add 16 more stages, then make the gameplay run as fast as Super Smash Bros Melee, add new game modes. With that being said, it'll attract not only new players but it'll keep the fans from digging it. I'll start off with my newcomers.

Waluigi (Mario) - He's due.

King K.Rool (Donkey Kong) - If there's going to be more villains, I'd recommend him as one of them.

Skull Kid (Legend of Zelda) - He'll fight while he's possessed by the mask. Besides, he could bring down the moon as his Final Smash.

Krystal (Star Fox) - by adding her, she can use her staff to fight her opponents with melee combat and projectiles.

Cynthia (Pokémon) - She could be an overpowered clone of the Pokémon Trainer. Sure that she's an NPC but I think if we had at least one more Pokemon Trainer, it'll be cool to see. I'd put Garchomp, Togekiss, and Roserade on her team to fight aside her.

Hades (Kid Icarus) - a villainous representative from Kid Icarus can be cool.

Sora (Kingdom Hearts) - Nintendo usually gets along with Square Enix so adding Sora would be nice.

Chibi-Robo - He'd be a unique addition to the roster.

Chrom (Fire Emblem) -A clone of Marth, only heavier, stronger, and carries his own Final Smash.

Shantae (Shantae) - Same reason as Chibi Robo.

Wolf Link and Midna (Legend of Zelda) - If there's going to be Link, Young Link and Toon Link, there has to be one more. These two can work like Rosalina and Luma but when Midna is knocked out, she can't come back until Wolf Link is knocked out.

Ichigo (Bleach) - Yeah, call me crazy but I'd actually add fourth party characters.

Goku (Dragon Ball Z) - Along with Ichigo, Goku will be one of the only Fourth Party Characters.

Last edited:

BlackAura111

Smash Rookie
For the stages, each of the 16 new stages are original rather than coming from another video game.

As for the veterans, I wouldn't change the movepools but I would try to nerve down and buff up some characters.

The characters I'd nerve down would be Rosalina, Shulk, Ganondorf, Megaman, Ike, R.O.B., King Dedede, and Mario.
While the characters I'd try to improve are Palutena, Luigi, Mewtwo, Meta Knight, Olimar, Mr. Game and Watch, Kirby, Falco, and maybe Pichu to try to make the game more balanced compared to SSB4.

For Game Modes, I'd bring back every game mode that existed (except for Subspace Emissary since there's already Adventure Mode). But to make up for it, I'd add a special treat I'd like to call Retro Mode, which gives players access to changing the graphics to the original N64 graphics and yet still play the game as it is. Like, Imagine what Lucario would look like if he was in the Nintendo 64 game. Also, I'd give each character their own individual story mode.

By the way, Thank you posting this thread. I really enjoyed answering your question.

MockRock

Smash Apprentice
Mechanics:

I would return air dodges to the Melee style, so that the various wave techniques could be brought back. I would actually make them longer as well, so that wavedashing would be slightly more forgiving for newer players and more impactful overall. I would also make it so that air dodging down into someone performed a footstool jump. Now everyone has a high risk, high reward spike option!

I would keep Sm4sh's ledge grab mechanics. I think this is a great change that encourages dramatic off-stage edge guards instead of tossing your opponent slightly off the stage and performing a simple hop for the kill.

I would place an overall higher emphasis on aerial combat than in Sm4sh, which is always the part of the game that I've been most excited by and what most differentiates Smash from other fighting games.
I would increase hitstun. Not back to Melee level, but moreso than in any official game since.

Overall, I would increase the game speed, but again, not back to Melee levels. My sweet spot would be pretty much dead in the middle of Sm4sh and Melee.

I would make it so that most characters had movement options, because I think it increases the depth of the game in a way that any player can understand and competitive players can master. Project M has the right idea here with Ganon's floating, Mewtwo's hovering, etc.

Characters:

The biggest roster ever, with regular DLC. All veterans return, and I do mean all, with absolutely no true clones. I want Pichu and Lucina to be their own characters. Some of my picks for newcomers would be Ridley (the PM mod convinced me he's possible), Yoshimitsu, Dark Samus, Kabutops (this is my game and he's one of my favourites), Waluigi, at least one hunter from Metroid Prime: Hunters, and Erika (Fire Emblem).

Ganondorf would be completely reworked from the ground up. He would have his Twilight Princess appearance, and a combination of his character from that game and Ocarina of time. This means a sword and projectiles, none of this Captain Falcon/old wheezy man crap.

More Miis, and have them as completely standard characters.

Other Things:

Stage editor would be improved a ton. I prefer Brawl's grid-based system, and would like it with much smaller grid lines and a much larger selection of basic geometric pieces. Also, lots of extra parts. Just basically a dramatically improved version of Brawl. Sm4sh's stage builder was a gigantic let down for me.

Custom moves are all unlocked from the start, and all integrated into the game completely. My ideal game would be where a character does not have a "default" moveset and then "custom" moves; they just have multiple moves to pick from. These would be balanced accordingly. Speaking of which...

Aggressive balancing. I'm talking monthly patches with input taken from the competitive community. I understand that not everyone plays this game competitively, but people playing on Temple with items on high don't necessarily care if Sheik's bair needs less knockback. Competitive players really do, and I genuinely think that this is what the game should be balanced around.

A rework of For Glory. Multiple movesets and all characters allowed, and a variety of tournament-legal stages instead of Omega everything. I'd also like a higher emphasis placed on connection in the matching algorithm.
An extremely in-depth custom game maker in the line of Halo. An example of a game type that I used to love playing with friends in Brawl: Paintball. One projectile hit = jump to your death, played on large custom stages with a variety of cover. I'd love the ability to make something like that "for real."

Make this, and I'll never leave my house again. Actually, that may not be such a good idea...

Last edited:

pershona

Smash Journeyman
Melee style gameplay with new characters (too lazy to think what characters rn). All veterans, and old stages return.

Hazards off and on option for stages.

Have both Melee SSE and Adventure mode as single player and Co-op modes. N64-Melee BTT also returns.
Also probably an tournament mode with RR and double elimination options.
And lastly online that's not totally awful.

If I were director of Smash:

Roster changes:
Starting roster (48)

Final roster (68)

Substitute is placeholder for Random button.

Returning veterans:
- Whole SSB4 roster (including DLC) except the clones, who are now alts
- Wolf
- Ice Climbers
- Snake

Newcomers
- Captain Toad
- King K. Rool
- Dixie Kong (Diddy semi-clone)
- Impa (Sheik semi-clone)
- Ridley
- Kamek
- Bandana Dee
- Gengar (because bias)
- Isaac
- Chibi-Robo
- Inkling
- Takamaru
- Bomberman
- Rayman
- Black Mage

Moveset overhauls
- Ganondorf (de-cloned)
- Toon Link (some new specials)
- Wario (more Wario Land)
- Mii Fighter (one character, Brawler's moveset is default and other two are customs, only character with custom moves)

New character alts/separate characters demoted into alts
- Dr. Mario (Mario)
- Daisy (Peach) (proper one, replaces the palette swap based on Daisy)
- Dry Bowser (Bowser)
- Toadette (Captain Toad)
- Yarn Yoshi (Yoshi)
- Kaptain K. Rool (King K. Rool)
- Galacta Knight (Meta Knight) (proper one, replaces the palette swap based on Galacta Knight)
- Lucina (Marth)
- Dark Pit (Pit)
- Male Inkling (Inkling)
All SSB4 costumes return, with the exception of Wireframe Mac costumes other than normal and hooded, as I think they're unnecessary.

Number of characters per series
68 total

7: Mario, Pokemon
6: Zelda
4: DK, Kirby, FE
3: Metroid, Star Fox
2: Yoshi, KI, Earthbound
1: The rest

Other changes
New/returning features
- Hazards On/off button
- Stock Mode default
- New Adventure mode
- Boss Battle mode
- Target Smash
- Revamped stage builder

Removed features
- Smash Tour
- Custom moves (except Mii Fighter)
- Stage bosses (Bosses are exclusive to Adventure and Boss Battle modes)

Stages
Can't think much of them yet, but some definite changes:
New stages
- Bowser's Castle
- Gangplank Galleon

Returning
- Fountain of Dreams
- Poke Floats

Revamped
- Battlefield (new design)
- Final Destination (new design)
- The Great Cave Offensive (much smaller)

Cut
- 75m
- Pac-Land

Last edited:

PokÉmblem

Smash Apprentice
NNID
wolfvdc
3DS FC
4553-9960-0926
This is one of the best threads I've seen posted lol. Ok now for what I would do.

Make characters a top priority and try to make each stay true to their original game. Also, make it a true expansion of smash 4 to make it the ultimate smash but maybe make the game have a faster feel to it. The graphics would be improved and it would come to the NX with 7 new characters.

Characters: Ice climbers, Inkling, King K.Rool , the reckless wii remote swinger(I like troll characters), Krystal, Wolf and Paper mario. (Of course if characters are added from the ballot it would be a different character).

New Modes: Adventure(Like Subspace Emissary but not fully animated cutscenes but longer and some text based cutscenes and some support like FE:A)
Smash Run NX: Online with some new enemies and settings to make the "run" 3 or more minutes or the end match 1 to 5 minutes or 3 stock.
Character missions: 3 per character and beat all to fight 3 unique bosses (in a row) with 5 characters of your chose, all representing a stock.
Special Smash: You can only use the special button to attack and grab and shield. Characters who don't have a special that kos automatically get the ko if the foe reaches 200%.
Stock Mix-Up: Each character you pick represents a stock
Smash meter: 2 to 5 stock match where each 150% you take gives you your final smash by filling your meter. Giving damage gives you 1/2 you add to the meter.
Smash Fest: vote for team and stick with it. Basically splat fest with smash bros.

And finally a smash mobile game to tie in to get unique costumes and stages(also you can buy).

Gibbs

Smash Apprentice
I'd probably go for a cleaner, more easily understood menu layout. Smash 4 menus give me a headache.

JBRPG

Smash Journeyman
Okay... Honestly, I am not going to imagine myself as a director since I cannot really take on the multitude of responsibilities even in the year 2020 to 2024, despite that I am going to get a job as a game designer.

However, I do have a list of things that are open to speculation for Super Smash Bros 5
The console assumed is NX, featuring both console and hand-held elements in one OS.

Director and Leads:

Masahiro Sakurai - Take role as producer to reduce work load along with a new director. However, Sakurai could be director one more time for passion and transition, but with a few selected staff to take role as assistant directors. I imagine one of the assistant directors being Hideki Kamiya.

General

The menu layout will be stylized once more, but this time with the unifying theme of penta-based shapes and stars due to next installment being Smash 5.

Smash 5 would be released in 2024 to celebrate Smash Bros' 25th anniversary.
Smash 5 would have a 3-4 year development cycle before first commercial release.
Smash 5 will do more to cater to post-release DLC and periodic updates with detailed description
There will be periodic polls to add in new characters in short periods of time.
Fighters will have custom color options so players give more personality.

Characters

Smash 5 might have at least 50 veterans and 25 newcomers, bringing the initial roster total to 75.
The newcomers may have more villains and females than other types.
More emphasis is focused on bringing in unique and unexpected characters
There might be 3rd party characters introduced from around the world: at least 1 from North America and 1 from Europe.
At least one joke character would be made, but well balanced and distinct.

Single Player

There will not be a story-based adventure mode like Smash 4.
Classic mode will be revamped once again to include new twists and bring in other challenges. Classic will retain the difficulty meter, but higher difficulty will result in more rounds before facing the master.
The difficulty meters will also have rank based labels: Glass, Bronze, Silver, Gold, Platinum, and Pure Platinum.
Final results will also have trophies with the same labels, but with series of characters representing the labels.
There will be a single player exclusive mode dedicated to earn more loot through challenges.

Multiplayer
8 players will become the standard for multiplayer.
In addition to standard dose of time, stock, and coins, there is also tag stock, with up to 5 characters max.
Special smash will allow for more customization of effects on each item.
Stamina might have customized HP level and include possibility of screen warping.

All other Modes
A brand new mode that features the powers of NX: Smash Dungeon
Players can compete or cooperate to clear rooms consisting of specific challenges and arenas.
At certain points, the players are forced into an elimination round. When one player is left, it is forced to fight against against the epic boss!.

Boss Battles make a return, but this time with an option for playable versions in limited forms.
Boss Battles will have up to 4 players with boss being 5th if playable.

Stage editor would be more robust and almost like making your dream stage come true, with user-made textures,
customize-able hazards and objects, etc.

Stages

Will not only have final destination forms (Omega), will also have battlefield forms (Delta) to satisfy competitive players.
In addition to dynamic stages as expected, there will be ones that feature more than one boss per stage.

Most likely will have a ranking system (glass, bronze, silver, gold, platinum)

Competitive

E-sports will be a grater tool for Smash Bros

Man... I wished I would list down more, but there are always others with different ideas too.

Dokokashira

Smash Journeyman
I wouldn't make it, and I'd ask Mr. Sakurai who else they would want to direct the project. I have nowhere NEAR the amount of game design experience and knowledge to direct an AAA title like Super Smash Bros., and my role as director would lead to the final product being a disaster.

That, and I don't have the self-confidence to deal with hate mail and/or creepy stalkers yet.

Newt Floss

Smash Journeyman
This might be a big thread depending on how much traffic it gets and/or what people want to post or how much they post.
I will most likely post my ideas I have as well.
You have a very high opinion of yourself.

Creativion

Smash Apprentice
You have a very high opinion of yourself.
no I don't I was just thinking that posts might be big because I have ideas like these that are big. How big the thread is has nothing to do with my personal opinion of myself.

Creativion

Smash Apprentice
Anyway, sorry for the double post, but I do have an idea that I would add. This is only one thing, but I would change Mario's Final Smash from Mario Finale to Invincibility Star.

When you use it, Mario jumps in the air and hits in invisible block, then a Star flies out. He instantly grabs it, and turns rainbow colours and gains speed and extra jumps. He deals damage to anyone who touches him as well as launching them a bit. It is sort of likes Sonic's final smash to where he runs fast and is a little tough to control. It lasts for 10-15 seconds, and during it, the classic Invincibility Star theme plays.

TakeYourHeart

Smash Journeyman
NNID
solemnpancake
I wouldn't make it, and I'd ask Mr. Sakurai who else they would want to direct the project. I have nowhere NEAR the amount of game design experience and knowledge to direct an AAA title like Super Smash Bros., and my role as director would lead to the final product being a disaster.

That, and I don't have the self-confidence to deal with hate mail and/or creepy stalkers yet.
Same honestly, but if I did have the experience...

Overall, the game direction would honestly be like Smash 4 since I do feel like tech skill opens a too large gap between novice and tourney players. Techskill may be fun and it was a defining part of Melee, but that was accidental and not what Smash is about as a series (controversial statement). What Brawl and Sm4sh did right was that tourney play wasn't that dramatically different from normal play. Sure there is little fine things like short-hop, perfect shield and obviously tourney play is far more mental and fast, but on the whole tourney players do the same things even beginners do, just in more complex gameplay environments and in different situations.

But here is what I would do mechanically to define my Smash game from the rest:

Shield Tripping: So everyone knows if you get hit hard while in shield you slide backward a little bit. It's an alright mechanic as it gives both players a split second to react to each other's next move, in theory. But in practice it gives the player who shielded more of a chance to wreck your face with a grab since those attacks have a lot of cooldown. Even if the player has to dash right toward you to get their chance you really have no time to react. So what Shield Tripping does is that once you use a move that has pushed hard enough against an opponents shield they go into a trip animation as well as get pushed back. This leads to a situation where your opponent has 4 options: get up, use the attack where their character gets up, roll forward and roll backward.

This creates a little mind game where it's either punish or be punished. It discourages over zealous shield use while letting it still being a viable option against most attacks and lets heavier characters be more viable since they have more attacks of that nature.

Grab Struggle: When two fighters grab each other at the same time, they will begin to wrestle while in each others grab. They may weakly throw one another, but pummels cancel this out. If neither fighter is thrown, they will break out of each other's grab simultaneously. Heavier fighters pummels will cause longer hitstun and at higher percents will cause a free throw, but lighter and faster characters pummels will come out faster over heavier pummels, despite having less opportunity to throw after and having the same stun benefit at higher percents. In a situation where both players attempt a throw, the one's input that came first will have it, while simultaneous attempts to throw will break them out of the struggle.

This means, with the right timing, characters that have weaker grabs can counter those who over rely on them by reading their opponent and reacting to the struggle sooner.

Basically my version of Smash makes sure shields and grabs have their own extra checks and balances so there is more emphasis on :GCA: and :GCB:. Obviously it would take a lot of playtesting, but I feel Smash 4 would be somewhat better if it was somewhat less defensive of a game.

Last edited:

WwwWario

Smash Ace
I wouldn't have Melee-styled gameplay. However, I would have it even faster than Smash 4.

Look at the fan game Super Smash Flash 2. That game hasn't Wave Dashing, but is still very fast and has lots of combo potential. I'd love having that kind of gameplay, even though Smash 4's is very good and all to begin with.

MajorMajora

Smash Ace
Okay so I'll try to make this as quick as possible but I really have a lot to say.

Mechanics: Melee fans get your heads out of your asses.

Now, I do think the gameplay should be a bit faster. Faster falling is a maybe. Overall, smash 4 air dodges and ledge mechanics return. The option selects they add add far more competitively than melee's. However, this isn't keeping in mind the wave techniques. The air dodge in 4 is better as an air dodging mechanic, but I can't deny wave techniques added a lot. so, I'll add this little corollary:

If an AT is found in the game, is not easy to pull off, and is not game breaking, keep it and refine it without telling anyone and let people figure it out for themselves. Potentially add some on purpose.

We don't need wave dashing, we need AT's. Wave dashing was an AT. Other AT's will do. Nothing was special about wave dashing that it is needed.

tl;dr, Melee fans get your heads out of your asses and see the forest through the trees.

Misc. game modes:

Custom smash: Lets you further customize multiplayer smashes, down to effects on individual players and win conditions. Think of it as an event match maker. Favorite matches can be saved and loaded quickly.

Stage builder: Better interface, including new tools such as dragging structures you've made, brushes, and a graphing calculator for complex terrain surfaces.

Solo modes:

Note on custom moves: All custom moves are unlocked from the get go. However, there are 4 "ultimate customs" for each character that are super strong, as well as 5 pieces of ultimate equipment (there are 5 equipment slots, which are now divided between strength, special, jump, speed, and defense), that must be unlocked. Combining all of these gives you a sort of super character. Characters with transformation final smashes have an extra piece of equipment that takes up all the slots and lets them play as the final smash version (these are the rarest type and, unlike the other customs, can only be unlocked trough difficult challenges). These can only be played in solo mode until you unlock a special game mode for multiplayer smash. Many solo modes have super hard versions that nearly necessitate these customs. Unlocking them is therefore part of your progression in the game.

Classic mode: Is now linear and has no roulette. Rewards are obtained from your score at the end, which is influenced by achievements like the ones at the end of each melee classic match. there are still 2 stocks per match. It has things like break the targets and race to the finish, though the overall order is randomized. The length is determined by difficulty. There are a variety of matches including free for alls with lots of characters, metal battles, teams, hordes, and even minigames like defeat a bunch of adventure mode type enemies. After every 3 you have a battle against a rival. They may or may not have equipment, be metal/giant, or be a horde. In the penultimate battle, you and all the rivals you've beaten team up to face off in a multiman melee-style fight, but with more enemies, a wider variety of enemies (including metal ones, in a randomly generated battle. On higher difficulties, this climaxes in a battle with the Master Guardian. It then goes to a battle with Master/Crazy hand, plus an extra master core-esque transformation at the end I'm not creative enough to come up with.

Break the targets: In stadium. Are character specific. Are made with the stage builder. You can use the stage builder to make your own level and share it online (you must complete it once yourself before sharing it).

All-Star: Has True All-Star mode if you complete all-star quick enough and on a high enough difficulty. Extra bonus fights against final smash characters and a kirby mini-boss style boss rush against some of the assist trophies.

Special orders: Now can be played 2 player.

Adventure mode: Has 3 modes underneath it.
-Smash Run: A melee style adventure mode. It is linear, with a set series of challenges and a couple boss fights. Ends with a fight against Tabuu.
-Smash Tower: You have limited stocks and beat pre-determined matches 1 by 1, each 1 being a floor. There are 100 floors. You may get extra stocks after certain milestones In between any 2 floors, you may save your progress and leave, but once you lose all your stocks you have to restart from the first floor. How high you can get is your score.
-Smash Dungeon: A randomized dungeon with enemies in it. You explore it to find 4 enemies you must face to unlock the door to the boss, which is one of the bosses from Smash Run. There are treasure chests with unlockables, or power ups that make you stronger for the boss (like the ones found in smash tour/3ds smash run). You can go with the default one, which is entirely random with generic textures, but there are also different variants you can unlock based on various series, effecting the textures, enemy variety, and some mechanics/terrain generation. For example, a metroid one would have metroid enemies, and would start you out without your specials, and you had o hunt for your specials like metroid power-ups, and some of them might be custom moves. It would also have a "SA-X", which is your character with all of the ultimate customs.

I'll go into stages/characters later.

Last edited:

Creativion

Smash Apprentice
Okay, for something I would do, is I would change the character select screen a bit.

this is how I would make it.

Aside from my roster of characters, it's a little different. There is arrows on the words TIME. This changes the mode to Stock and to Coin. Beside that, you choose the type of battle there instead. Free for all, or Team battle. Beside that, Customs, and Items.

Now you may notice next to the slots at the bottom, there is a + sign. This is for adding another player, all the way up to 8 PLAYER SMASH! Adding players 5 and up will make a - sign appear on the other side, for making that player go away.

And right above the roster, the News Smash bar. It will just tell you how to play the current mode you are in.

TIMED:
Get the most knockouts before the timer runs out!

STOCK:
Smash your foes until you're the last one standing!

COIN:
Launch your opponents to get coins, and collect the most to win!

I'll post more here later

Last edited:

JBRPG

Smash Journeyman
Okay, for something I would do, is I would change the character select screen a bit.

this is how I would make it.

Aside from my roster of characters, it's a little different. There is arrows on the words TIME. This changes the mode to Stock and to Coin. Beside that, you choose the type of battle there instead. Free for all, or Team battle. Beside that, Customs, and Items.

Now you may notice next to the slots at the bottom, there is a + sign. This is for adding another player, all the way up to 8 PLAYER SMASH! Adding players 5 and up will make a - sign appear on the other side, for making that player go away.

And right above the roster, the News Smash bar. It will just tell you how to play the current mode you are in.

TIMED:
Get the most knockouts before the timer runs out!

STOCK:
Smash your foes until you're the last one standing!

COIN:
Launch your opponents to get coins, and collect the most to win!

I'll post more here later
Now that is a more compressed but accessible version of the menu. I like how you added all of those common settings put with the fighter select screen since it makes battle customization more convenient.

Although, I am concerned that the free for all/team battle can be switched without needing the two items shown up and that the player count can be still be filled with 8 players without a problem since Smash had the tradition of filling up all the possible player count and keeping one mode tab present. Otherwise, that would be a very welcome improvement to the GUI for fighter select

PixelPasta

Smash Lord
Great topic idea!
I'll edit with my finalized ideas later.

Last edited:

Khao

Smash Lord
This would most likely end up being controversial as **** and I kinda bet a ton of people would hate it, but at least it's fun to play around with the idea.

I'd experiment with some sort of Super Bar.

The bar would build up like it does in most traditional fighters; by dealing and receiving damage.

As for the use?

Pressing A+B would power up specials. They'd be stronger and faster than regular specials, and maybe even have additional effects added on top. It'd be pretty much like EX moves in Street Fighter.

Power Shielding is now a command. Shield+B (could be a custom button). It requires a portion of the Super Bar, but there's some added functionality. First off, it can reflect projectiles like it could in Melee. Also, you can do it on mid-air even, and even use it to escape combos. But you can't just throw it out randomly; you need to time it to your opponent's attack in the same way you do with current Power Shields. Power Shielding gets you ready to immediately act, even when used in the middle of hitstun. For another Street Fighter reference, think of the parry in Street Fighter 3, except you spend your super bar to do it and can use it to get out of a combo if you time it properly.

Since combos can be escaped by using the super bar, I'd make sure they are much more prominent now. Hitstun is freaking serious now, and you can't just cancel hitstun or dodge out of a tumbling animation. If you want to escape, you should be either DI-ing properly, or using a properly-timed Power Shield.

And of course, fill up the bar completely, and you can now do a Final Smash with A+B (Or again, maybe a custom button, so you don't lose access to the powered-up specials). Crazy idea? Every character now has a neutral, down, and up Final Smashes. Could even play around with stuff like having a sort of unwritten rule that every Neutral Final Smash is offensive, every Down Final Smash is a transformation or power up, and every Up Final Smash is some sort of flawless recovery.

Basically, I'd be using this as a way to make the game a bit more complex without sacrificing the easy inputs that the series is known for. Anyone can press two buttons at the same time to use these new abilities, though using them to their full extent will require practice.

If all else fails, this can very all well be an optional feature, just like items, or custom moves. Basically, set a single Super Bar option in the menu that can be set on or off. Turning it off would by extent disable all these extra features (since you'll no longer have a Super Bar to access them) and leave the game working just like it always has.

Last edited:

Illusive

Smash Apprentice
Custom moves return, but they're all very diverse and clearly different moves instead of variations on the same move (similar to Mii Fighter)

For example
Mario's B: Fireball
Custom 1: Hammer Throw
Custom 2: Boomerang

Side B: Cape
Custom 1: Flying Squirrel Glide (NSMBU)
Custom 2: Cat Pounce (NSMB)

Up B: Super Jump Punch
Custom 1: Helicopter (NSMB Wii)
Custom 2: Rocket Nozzle (Sunshine)

Down B: Star Spin Tornado
Custom 1: Fludd
Custom 2: Tanooki Suit Stone

Of course there'll probably be overlaps between characters, and the primary attack will be the "official" one, but the diversity of attacks available to characters could be expressed better.

xDizxy

Smash Journeyman
Well damn. Focus more on character balancing. No stupid assit trophies like nintendog or skull kid. No palkia. Give dr. Mario a new down b. Cut off lucina. Give dark pit a completely new moveset. Retextured stages like what project m did. You can only airdodge twice. Please make it so you can punish your opponents after doing a risky move. Better stages suited for 8 players. Give roy a new side B or down b.

Illusive

Smash Apprentice
I love Kenith The Gather's idea of Alternate Characters in Yellow.

I'd have the roster consist entirely of newcomers with unique movesets.
There are also many characters who are clones or semi clones. Many of them are DLC.

By Series:

Legend:
Veteran
Newcomer
Clone

Mario Series:
Mario, Dr Mario
Paper Mario

Luigi (entirely decloned)
Peach, Daisy
Bowser
Bowser Jr. etc. (Koopa Clown car)
Rosalina and Luma
Captain Toad (Toadette, Blue Toad and Toadsworth are all costumes)

Mario Spinoff Series (has unique icon):
Waluigi (moveset representing Mario Party, Mario Kart, Mario Golf/Tennis/Baseball/Strikers/Hoops)

Yoshi Series:
Yoshi (with baby mario on back, final smash is now Super Baby Mario)
Adult Mario Riding Yoshi (up B launches "mario" in a spin jump similar to Bowser Jr., has Yoshi's original final smash, makes SNES Yoshi noises)
Baby Bowser
(clone of Bowser, final smash is turning into Yoshi's island final boss)

Wario Series:
Wario (similar to Project M Wario)
WarioWare (similar to Brawl Wario)

Donkey Kong Series:
Donkey Kong
Diddy Kong, Dixie Kong (semi clone)
Cranky Kong (many moves, especially final smash, are references to original Donkey Kong)
K-Rool

Zelda Series:

Link
Toon Link (entirely decloned, even with diverse custom moves, and new final smash from four swords)
Zelda
Shiek, Impa (heavier and slower)
Ganondorf (decloned)
Masks (Goron, Zora and Deku Link, final smash is Fierce Deity Link)

Fire Emblem (don't know enough about this series):
Marth (Lucina is now a named costume), Roy
Ike
Robin
Protagonist from upcoming/most recent game, preferably one with a lance

Pokemon series:
Pikachu (own character), Lighter Clone of Pikachu (Pichu, Plusle, Minun, Pachirisu, Emolga, Dedenne, inevitable Gen 7 electric rat - same weight and movesets)
Jigglypuff
Charizard, Charmander
Blastoise, Squirtle

Venusaur, Bulbasaur
Mewtwo,
Lighter Clone of Mewtwo (Mew, Celebi, Jirachi, Azelf, Uxie, Mesprit, Victini, inevitable gen 7 pixie, same weight and only cosmetic moveset differences corresponding to their elements)
Ditto (simply the "random" option), All Star Ditto (random character every stock)
Lucario
Greninja
Gen 7 pokemon

F-Zero series:
Captain Falcon, Black Shadow (similar to old Ganondorf)
Samurai Goroh

Star Fox series:

Fox, Falco (as decloned as other games, but not enough for own character slot)
Wolf
Krystal (with staff)

Pikmin Series:
Olimar
The Pikmin 3 (one of the Pikmin 3 protagonists, only uses Rock Pikmin, up B is throwing another protagonist. Overall simpler character)

Kirby Series:
Kirby, Yarn Kirby
Meta Knight
King Dedede
Bandana Dee

Animal Crossing Series:
Villager (can import villager from Animal Crossing)

Earthbound Series:
Ness, Ninten
Lucas (decloned)

Metroid Series:
Samus, Dark Samus
Ridley

Kid Icarus Series:
Pit, Dark Pit
Palutena

Early Games:
Mr Game and Watch
Duck Hunt
ROB
Ice Climbers
Little Mac
Takamaru
Mach Rider (includes references to Excitebike)

Wii:

Wii Fit Trainer
Mii Fighter (extremely customisable)

Xenoblade:
Shulk

Chibi Robo:
Chibi Robo

Splatoon:
Inkling
(customisable appearance)
Dillon:
Dillon

Rhythm Heaven:
Karate Joe

Wars Series:
Andy (uses oversized wrench for neutral attacks, spawns sprites for Special Attacks, Smashes etc.)

Golden Sun:
Isaac, Felix

Third Party:
Each company gets 2 characters and optionally a clone

Sega:
Sonic
Dr Eggman (Semi Clone of Bowser Jr)
Knuckles (Can also be unlocked with a Virtual Console copy of "Sonic and Knuckles")

Namco:
Pac Man, Ms Pac Man
Yoshimitsu (composite of Tekken and Soul Calibur)

Capcom:

Mega Man, Proto Man
Ryu

Konami:
Snake, Raiden
Simon Belmont

"Microsoft":
Banjo Kazooie
Master Chief

Ubisoft:
Rayman
The Prince (of Persia)

Activision (yes they own these franchises):
Crash Bandicoot
Spyro the Dragon

Sony:
Ratchet and Clank
Jak and Daxter

Last edited:

Mightyno.M

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Mickeyx
3DS FC
4141-2356-8625
Id be selfish
Buff and re work all my mains to how I see fit
Tons if costumes and cosmetics
Player rankings based on character and overall
Remove wario
Add snake

Last edited:

Jetmann

Smash Apprentice
I'd be hated by everyone by rebuilding the roster from the ground up and reevaluate each character based on their role in their respective series, the popularity/size of their series, and what they represent. Moveset changes would be made during the process in order to represent each character's abilities better. Fan favorites like Game & Watch and Ike would be DLC.

[collapse=Roster]
*=unlockable

Super Mario Series
Mario
Luigi
Peach
Rosalina*
Bowser

Yoshi Series
Yoshi

Wario Series
Wario*

Donkey Kong Series
Donkey Kong
Diddy Kong
Dixie Kong*
King K. Rool

Legend of Zelda Series
Link
Zelda
Impa*
Ganondorf

Metroid Series
Samus
Ridley

Kid Icarus Series
Pit
Palutena

Fire Emblem Series
Marth
Tiki*

Punch Out!! Series
Little Mac

Kirby Series
Kirby
Meta Knight*
King Dedede

Star Fox Series
Fox
Wolf*

Pokémon Series
Pikachu
Red
Lucario
Mewtwo*

Animal Crossing Series
Villager
Isabelle

Duck Hunt Series
Duck Hunt*

Advance Wars Series
Sami*

Earthbound/Mother Series
Ness

F-Zero Series
Captain Falcon

Golden Sun Series
Isaac

Pikmin Series
Olimar

Xenoblade Chronicles Series
Shulk*

Splatoon Series
Inkling

Mega Man Series
Mega Man

Sonic the Hedgehog Series
Sonic

Banjo-Kazooie Series
Banjo & Kazooie
[/collapse]

[collapse=Stages/Music]
Final Destination
-
Final Destination
-In the Final (Bowser's Inside Story)
-Falling Down (Mega Man Zero 4)
-Reach for the Stars- Final Boss (Sonic Colors)

Comet Observatory (Super Mario Galaxy)
-Egg Planet (Super Mario Galaxy)
-We're Counting on You, Mario! (Paper Mario: The Thousand Yet Door)
-Battle on the Great Tower (Super Mario 3D World)
-Cloud Top Cruise (Mario Kart 8)

Peach's Courtyard (Super Mario 64)
-Super Mario Series Medley
-Star Festival (Super Mario Galaxy)
-Throwback Galaxy (Super Mario Galaxy 2)

Bowser's Castle (Super Mario 3D World)
-Vs. Baby Bowser (Yoshi's Island)
-Final Bowser Battle (Super Mario Galaxy)
-Luigi's Theme (Mario Strikers Charged)
-Adventure's End (Mario and Luigi Dream Team)

Yoshi's Wooly World
-Main Theme (Yoshi's Wooly World)
-Bandit Valley (Yoshi's New Island)
-Ending Theme (Yoshi's Story)
-Yoshi Star Galaxy (Super Mario Galaxy 2)

Diamond City (WarioWare)
-Glittertown (Wario Master of Disguise)
-Feline Fever/Canine Crazy(WarioWare Smooth Moves)
-Drifting Away (WarioWare, Inc: Mega Microgame$)
-Mid Heart (Custom Robo Arena)

Grassland Groove (Donkey Kong Country Tropical Freeze)
-Grassland Groove (Donkey Kong Country Tropical Freeze)
-Forest Interlude (Donkey Kong Country 2)
-Stickerbush Symphony (Donkey Kong Country 2)
-Rockface Rumble (Donkey Kong Country 3)

Jungle Hijinx (Donkey Kong Country)
-DK Island Swing (Donkey Kong Country)
-Mining Melancholy (Donkey Kong Country)
-Scorch & Torch (Donkey Kong Country Tropical Freeze)
-Seashore War (Donkey Kong Country Tropical Freeze)

Gangplank Galleon (Donkey Kong Country)
-Gangplank Galleon (Donkey Kong Country)
-Crocodile Cacophony (Donkey Kong Country 2)
-Homecoming Hijinks (Donkey Kong Country Tropical Freeze)
-Aqueduct Assault (Donkey Kong Country Tropical Freeze)

Lorule (The Legend of Zelda: A Link Between Worlds)
-Ballad of the Goddess Remix (The Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword)
-Dragon Roost Island (The Legend of Zelda: The Wind Waker)
-Gerudo Valley (The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time)
-Dark World (The Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past)

Clock Town (The Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask)
-Stone Towrr Temple (The Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask)
-Midna's Lament (The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess)
-Ballad of the Wind Fish (The Legend of Zelda: Link's Awakening)
-Don't Speak Her Name (Fire Emblem Awakening)

Hyrule Castle (The Legend of Zelda Wii U)
-Main Theme (The Legend of Zelda)
-Full Steam Ahead (The Legend of Zelda: Spirit Tracks)
-Song of Storms (The Legend of Zelda: The Wind Waker)
-Lost Woods (The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time)

Research Facility (Super Metroid)
-Phendrana Drifts (Metroid Prime)
-Vs. Ridley (Metroid Other M)
-Title Sceen Theme (Super Metroid)
-Aquas (Star Fox 64)

Bryyo (Metroid Prime 3)
-Tallin Overworld
-Rundas Boss Theme
-Dark Samus Battle
-Gandrayda Battle

Thunder Cloud Temple (Kid Icarus Uprising)
-Main Theme (Kid Icarus Uprising)
-Boss Battle (Kid Icarus Uprising)
-Dark Pit's Theme (Kid Icarus Uprising)
-Lightning Battle (Kid Icarus Uprising)

???? (Fire Emblem Fates)
-Fire Main Theme
-Id Purpose (Fire Emblem Awakening)
-Conquest (Ablaze) (Fire Emblem Awakening)
-Credits (Glory of Heracles)

WVBA Championship(Punch Out!! Wii)
-Running/Countdown (Punch Out!! Wii)
-Minor Circuit Theme (Punch Out!! Wii)
-Mysterious Murasame Castle Theme (Mysterious Murasame Castle)

Fine Fields (Kirby Triple Deluxe)
-Green Greens (Kirby's Adventure)
-Popstar (Kidby 64 The Crystal Shards)
-Tankbot (Kirby's Epic Yarn)
-Dillon's Rolling Western (Dillon's Rolling Western)

Another Dimension (Kirby's Return to Dreamland)
-C-R-O-W-N-E-D (Kirby's Return to Dreamland)
-King Dedede's Theme
-0^2's Theme (Kirby 64 The Crystal Shards)
-Fountain of Dreams (Kirby Nightmare in Dreamland)

Katina (Star Fox Zero?)
-Katina
-Corneria (Star Fox Zero)
-Zoness (Star Fox 64)
-Credits (Star Fox Adventures)

Unova Pokémon League (Pokémon Black 2/White 2)
-Vs. Champion Iris (Pokémon Black 2/White 2)
-Vs. Zinnia (Pokémon OmegaRuby/AlphaSapphire)
-Vs. Wally (Pokémon OmegaRuby/AlphaSapphire)
-Vs. Champion Cynthia (Pokémon Platinum

Hoenn Shores (Pokémon OmegaRuby/AlphaSapphire)
-Vs. Brendan/May (Pokémon OmegaRuby/AlphaSapphire)
-Reversal Mountain (Pokémon Black 2/White 2)
-Sky Tower (Pokémon Mystery Dungeon: Red Rescue Team/Blue Rescue Team)
Pokémon Main Theme

Goldenrod City (Pokémon HeartGold/SoulSilver)
-Vs. Entei/Raikou/Suicune (Pokémon HeartGold/SoulSilver)
-Vs. Champion Diantha(Pokémon X/Y)
-Boutique (Pokémon X/Y)
-Primal Dialga (Pokémon Mystery Dungeon: Explorers of Time/Explorers of Darkness)
[/collapse]

I would put more stages but I'm exhausted ATM.

Last edited:

bound_for_earth

Smash Journeyman
NNID
theflaminglefty
great but link shou.d have an adult design its just better than having two young age links
I'm going to go on a tangent about all the features I would add but lets's start with the roster:

Fighters:
View attachment 60411
74 individual characters.

Newcomers: Captain Toad, Paper Mario, King K. Rool, Dixie Kong, Impa, Skull Kid, Midna & Wolf Link, Medusa, Excitebike, Bandanna Dee, Krystal, Isabelle, Takamaru, Lyn, Isaac, Sami, Chibi-Robo, Karate Joe, Dillon, Inkling, Rayman, Banjo & Kazooie

All of the veterans here are mostly identical to their Smash 4 and Brawl counterparts, however, a few have been noticeably changed:

- Luigi: Completely de-cloned from Mario, now fighting with the Poltergust 5000.
- Link: He is noticably faster and uses a design inspired by A Link Between Worlds.
- Ganondorf: Has a mostly overhauled moveset using his trident, and assumes his pig beast form by default.
- Palutena: As custom moves are gone, her specials have been changed.
- Ice Climbers: Has a significantly changed moveset and it's harder to desync the Climbers.
- Robin: Elwind now requires two button presses, Arcfire can be held for more power, and Robin is faster.
- Sonic: Has changed special moves and different standard moves.

In addition to the characters shown here, certain variation fighters are selectable after choosing the corresponding fighter, highlighted here in yellow -
Dr. Mario (Mario) - Heavier and stronger, and uses Pills instead of fire
Daisy (Peach) - Faster and lighter while having flower effects instead of hearts
Sheik (Impa) - Different special moves and a different Final Smash
Dark Pit (Pit) - Altered special moves and a unique Final Smash
Alph (Olimar) - Uses a unique Pikmin type (Rock) and relies less on Pikmin
Pichu (Pikachu) - Faster and lighter, damages itself for higher power
Lucina (Marth) - Has a sword that deals even damage throughout.

Also, there are a few fighters who have variation movesets highlighted in red -
Rosalina - Can fight without Luma. Increased attack power
Captain Toad - Can fight as regular Toad (no backpack)
Ice Climbers - Can fight as one Climber with increased attack power
Lucario - Can fight with no Aura but standard power and speed

Other alternate costumes: Dry Bowser (Bowser), The Koopalings (Bowser Jr.), Cpt. Toadette (Cpt. Toad), Overalls Wario (Wario), Ganondorf (Ganon), Wireframe Mac (Little Mac), 64 Fox (Fox) 64 Falco (Falco), Matthew (Isaac)
Robin, Inkling, Villager, and Wii Fit Trainer have male and female costumes.
---
Gameplay/Modes:

- Custom Moves are gone in favor of variation movesets and fighters.

- All stages still have an Omega version, in addition to certain stages having variations with stage elements removed for balanced fighting

- Characters have three trophies - Default, Alt, and Final Smash. All alternate costumes have their own trophy. You still earn character trophies from clearing a mode with them - Classic for default, Adventure for Alt, and All-Star for Final Smash.

- Challenges Mode is radically changed. Now, each type of content - Trophy, Music, Stage, and Character - has their own section. Rather than an allotted amount of Golden Hammers, you can purchase them with a large amount of coins. You can also open certain challenges directly with coins, such as character trophies earning from clearing modes.

- Classic Mode is linear like in Melee and Brawl, having ten stages culminating in a boss battle with Master Hand and Crazy Hand.

- Adventure Mode returns and is a combination of Smash 3DS's Classic Mode and Melee's Adventure Mode. The final boss changes depending on which path you take.

- All-Star Mode returns. The order is the same as Smash 3DS - oldest fighters to newest fighters.

- Special Orders return, exactly the same as before. Golden Hammers are now potential rewards in the modes.

- Stage Builder returns but leans closer to it's Brawl version than Smash 4. However it still has many new features, including the ability to place objects in the background, and many new shapes and tools.

*I will add more to this later, like a list of items, stages, AT's.

bound_for_earth

Smash Journeyman
NNID
theflaminglefty
dont cut roy again he needs to stay
Now that is a more compressed but accessible version of the menu. I like how you added all of those common settings put with the fighter select screen since it makes battle customization more convenient.

Although, I am concerned that the free for all/team battle can be switched without needing the two items shown up and that the player count can be still be filled with 8 players without a problem since Smash had the tradition of filling up all the possible player count and keeping one mode tab present. Otherwise, that would be a very welcome improvement to the GUI for fighter select

Tony_

Smash Ace
About to blow your MINDS.

First off, Sakurai would be on in an advisory role, much like what Miyamoto does for most teams at Nintendo.

-Online would be improved to KI levels of awesome.

-Ranked 1v1, Ranked Custom, Tournament, Doubles, FFA would be the online modes.
Ability to customize stage hazards. EX: Leave spawning platforms on but take away any damaging hazards.

-Faster with more hitstun.

-No directional air dodge like Melee, but instead, you get only one air dodge per jump.

-L-cancelling is back, but with a bigger window to to do it in.

-Grabs and throws redone. Grab teching is in, has a 15f-20f window. Tether grabs cannot be teched. Chain grabs exist, but after the third grab from any character in a string, they will pop out of the grab with 0f of landing lag with full shield. Throws from certain characters kill at lower percents like in Melee. In terms of IC's Popo AND Nana count as one character.

-Everyone returns, some characters get changes.

-Doc's pill now travels further on the ground and does more damage, allowing more than one on the screen at a time. Viruses are his new side-B, and they can be directed to control space and edge guard.

-Pichu becomes a glass canon. Lightest character in the game next to Puff, but has as much knock back as Dorf. Volt Tackle is his new side B, and it AL:WAYS moves him in a straight line, for a long distance. Up B is still quick attack. Down B is discharge and it kills super early. B is still the same, save for it not damaging Pichu. Only his attacks that give off of electricity do. Any attack that also touches him will always do 5-8% damage to the opponent who touched him.

Just a few of the changes that go through my head everyonce in a while for a Smash game.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom