• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

If you have fast fingers, try this out for Samus...

LanceStern

Smash Lord
Xyro was definitely right when they said the future of Samus is the ledge. For the people with fast fingers and good tech skill, try to combine these two moves:

Instant Z Edge Guard

and

Tether Grab Cancelling

I accidently did this while practicing yesterday and was amazed. I can't even put the applications of this into words because it's hard to do and provides for NASTY ledge mindgames. You have instant ledge -> attack possibilities

So if you have any free time try it, and anything you can do out of the Tether Grab Cancel you can do with this.

LanceStern

Smash Lord
Combine instant z edge guarding with the tether grab cancel.

Run to the ledge, instant z grab the ledge but tether grab cancel it instead of snapping back on with invincibility frames

professor mgw

Smash Champion
NNID
Prof3ssorMGW
It was clearly obvious from the start that the ledge was great for samus. Missles, morph bombs z tether, geatest spike in the game, all of those factors contributes greatly to samus game revolving the ledge. I was aware of the tether grab canceling, although the instant z edge guard was nice :) Easy way to stop olimar's recovery :D

DelxDoom

Smash Lord
LOL WHAT I didn't know you could do it with your back facing the ledge and simple sh backwards

WOW how did I not think of that

It looks so coollllll

Anyways I actually got another thing to practice that is offensive, so I'ma work on that too.

LanceStern

Smash Lord
I was thinking more of the running to ledge -> instant Z grab -> tether cancel

But the Short hop one is just as surprising. I didn't know you could do it either.

DelxDoom

Smash Lord
The run to ledge one is not as cool imo because the opponent is usually gonna expect a ledgehug anyways

The standing back to ledge one is reminiscent of wd backwards to edgegrab haha

Smash G 0 D

Leave Luck to Heaven
BRoomer
Er... I've been doing this for a while xP it's aight. I don't like canceling my tethers that much but I'm working on it. The best use for it is Bair unless it's something really situation. Or a Dair that gets lower a few frames faster.

Top Bottom