• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

If you have a wii and don't plan on getting Monster Hunter Tri 3...

Laijin

Smash Hero
What are you doing with your Wii? Using it as a door stop? Well stop that!
Monster Hunter Tri 3. Its only one of the few must buy games for the Wii and after playing the demo, I must say its quite awesome.

Why must you buy this game?:
-If you played previous MH games, they took out all the useless weapons, replaced them with one awesome weapon, and added more attacks to all the weapons. This is pretty cool. So far I'm loving the Long Sword, Switch Axe and Great Sword in that order. Didn't get to try any of the bowguns yet.

-REPLAYABILITY. So whats the game you have spent the most time with? The usual answer is Final Fantasy tactics because of how deep that game is. I must Monster Hunter is definitely up there when it comes to long games. I played Freedom Unite for the PSP, got to my 100th hour and realized "Hey..I'm only about 1/3rd of the way through this game and I only have about 6 or 7 percent of the weapons and armor you can collect". Yea...for the time I spent playing just going straight through the game, this is a really long game. Added with the online play and you have yourself a game that will never leave your Wii(Except for Melee or Brawl ;o)

-Play with your friends! This is game is awesome. Its online. Lets play together!

-There are a billion more reasons to buy this game. But I'll let the game speak for itself.

I will use this thread to gather the Atlantic North friend codes and what not once the game releases. Be sure to pre order with the bundle to get the Wii Classic Plus Controller for only $10 more. Then pick up Wii Speak while your there too!

Shin Bowser Meow

Smash Ace
NNID
ShinBowserMeow
3DS FC
4184-3865-2383
2 things.

1. Thank you for doing what i was about to. I'm pre ordering that game today seeing as how its my favorite series atm.

2. Amazing picture of Morrigan for you ava laijin

theCook

Smash Cadet
I will probably buy this the same way I buy all my Wii games;

after a year or so and the price drops to 19.99.

:D

Shin Bowser Meow

Smash Ace
NNID
ShinBowserMeow
3DS FC
4184-3865-2383
I will probably buy this the same way I buy all my Wii games;

after a year or so and the price drops to 19.99.

:D
@ least you'll buy it which is important. If MH Tri does terrible in sales, which it might, Then MH fans in the states can say goodbye future releases of the series. Not that it stopped the truly hardcore, but it would be nice for us non Japanese speaking/ reading people to play the game in a language we understand ~^.^~

and yeahuz. only 2 games i bought for the wii are brawl and TvC >.< Looking forward to metroid: Other M and a few other releases due out this year.

Laijin

Smash Hero
All the Wii is is a conduit to play Brawl and TvC at the moment.
Wow dude. There really are a ton more games that are definitely worth buying for your Wii. I'll name a few to get you started:

No More Heroes 1(Easily the best action game on the Wii)
No More Heroes 2(Not quite as good as one...although thats pretty subjective. People will probably disagree with me. But yea its definitely a top tier action game)
Oboro Muramasa(Which I'm actually playing through now and it is awesome indeed)
New Super Mario Bros Wii(Casual gamer or hardcore gamer, this game is pretty Win indeed. Its easy enough for casual gamers but quite challenging if you are a hardcore gamer).

There are also a bunch of games besides MH coming out soon that are gonna be pretty awesome as well(Arc Rise Fantasia, Trauma Team). So yea...its time to use your Wii for all its worth bro.

2 things.

1. Thank you for doing what i was about to. I'm pre ordering that game today seeing as how its my favorite series atm.

2. Amazing picture of Morrigan for you ava laijin
You are welcome. I change my ava to something awesome(like so) pretty frequently lol.

Shin Bowser Meow

Smash Ace
NNID
ShinBowserMeow
3DS FC
4184-3865-2383
I'm a Hammer man. Cant go wrong with Ko's, however like everyone imma try Switch Axes. Honestly all of teh weapons are looking good to me except ranged. i cant stand bowguns @ all.

Laijin

Smash Hero
Bowguns are so boring :(
I could never get into the hammer. =\
Of course I'm gonna have to try the switch axe too, but Long Sword is looking so sexy nowadays.

tbh, although most of the useless weapons are gone(Dual Swords, Bow and Arrow...good luck killing most bosses with those weapons ;o ), I do kinda miss the Horn. It was a pretty cool weapon since they had some horns that were electric guitars. haha.

Lobos

Smash Master
there is a MH3 topic in the light house section too

I'm getting this, along with several other ppl in md/va

I think you saw I already had the cc pro too and after playing the demo I will be using the long swords

Shin Bowser Meow

Smash Ace
NNID
ShinBowserMeow
3DS FC
4184-3865-2383
I'm not entirely sure how useful my hammers are going to be in this game to be honest. Soloing monster i may have to use the other weapons but imma stay faithful until i'm ineffective/ just getting in other hunters way.

The changes to the LS is sexy. the side step slash is what it needed imo. I've always had a soft spot for Lances as well. Knowing me imma spend way too much time building different weapons.

i actually like Dual blades and Bow and arrow >.< Gunlance was my second fav weapon in Unite

Laijin

Smash Hero
Dual Blades were cool...but like I said good luck killing anything with them lol.
They literally made nearly every boss in Freedom Unite 10x harder. If you don't believe me go look up some boss guides on the MH wiki. They will tell you the best weapon to use and then the worst for that boss. 9 times out of 9, the DS are the worst. lol

Shin Bowser Meow

Smash Ace
NNID
ShinBowserMeow
3DS FC
4184-3865-2383
Thats part of the challenge of MH though imo. I mean i could easily use " insert x weapon here" for said monster to make it a trival fight, but the challenge of kiling with a terrible weapon is too good. being able to kill any monster with any weapon is what makes MH so good. Just gotta try harder with DS ~^.^~

Laijin

Smash Hero
Yea but even with the GS, usually the best weapon to use on a boss, those bosses still are not easy at all. I just honestly can't imagine fighting most elder dragons with the DS. Its more on the impossible side plus you will probably even run out of time for the boss. =\

Crizthakidd

Smash Champion
this thread.

is an

░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░
░█▀▀ ░█▀█ ░█ ░█▀▀ ░░█▀▀ ░█▀█░█ ░█░░░
░█▀▀ ░█▀▀ ░█ ░█ ░░░░█▀▀ ░█▀█░█ ░█ ░░░░
░▀▀▀ ░▀ ░ ░▀ ░▀▀▀ ░░▀░░ ░▀░▀░▀ ░▀▀▀░░░░
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░

Laijin

Smash Hero
this thread.

is an

░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░
░█▀▀ ░█▀█ ░█ ░█▀▀ ░░█▀▀ ░█▀█░█ ░█░░░
░█▀▀ ░█▀▀ ░█ ░█ ░░░░█▀▀ ░█▀█░█ ░█ ░░░░
░▀▀▀ ░▀ ░ ░▀ ░▀▀▀ ░░▀░░ ░▀░▀░▀ ░▀▀▀░░░░
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░
GTFO.
We don't take your monster hunter hating kind around here

Crizthakidd

Smash Champion
i had it for the psp and liked it but couldnt beat it so i used hacks lmfao idk i wasnt that into it i guess

Shin Bowser Meow

Smash Ace
NNID
ShinBowserMeow
3DS FC
4184-3865-2383
In NY Nintendo would had a MH tri early release event. i just found that out today and picked up my copy. if anyone in NY sees this head down to nintendo world. sadly they had quite a few copies there when i got mine so you may be in luck. playing until i die irl as we speak.

Laijin

Smash Hero
I JUST got home from gamestop.
I'll post my info later. I don't plan on going online for a few days till I do a lot of offline quests and I feel comfortable with my equipment and such

Shin Bowser Meow

Smash Ace
NNID
ShinBowserMeow
3DS FC
4184-3865-2383
<--- HR 40 which is nothing compared to teh 70+ i've seen running around and those who converted the Japanese game file >.<

Lagia is cake. stay near his left shoulder and you can avoid anything on reaction. he gets on land, Pitfall him, flash him, shock him and he'll be limping when your done. if you have a hammer user even better. garanteed Ko on pitfall trap if teh hammer is doing its job.

I hate Barroth, and Barioth. High rank los is a pita as well, but i like him. i'm running full lagia blademaster for ele up, 3 piece banabra blademaster for para/sleep/ poison ful ian gunner just because i can. 40 something weapons in my box so far >.<

metalmonstar

Smash Lord
Name: Hatter
ID: QC73N2
Region: US
HR: 27

Greg and Laijin, we should play sometime.

metalmonstar

Smash Lord
You are always in a quest when I try to message you.

A few weeks ago you weren't too far from me. Now you are way up in the high HR fighting altareon while I am facing barioth and uragaan.

Doesn't Omni and Hova play as well?

I might be able to play tonight greg. Last night I was with Vgchartz group otherwise I would have IMed you.

Lobos

Smash Master
Hova and Omni both play.....Omni is in the 50s and Hova is in the upper 60s or 70s by now.

Send an IM on my AIM if you want to get a hold of me.

Top Bottom