• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

If you could replace one character with another...

Captain Phobos

Smash Apprentice
RULES: You can't remove any of the Miis.

I would probably replace Wii Fit Trainer with Simon Belmont from Castlevania. Wii Fit Trainer isn't the worst, but she feels out of place, and Simon Belmont is from a classic Nintendo franchise. I think his moveset would be similar to ZSS, but would slower and more focused on damage rather than combo game.

MarioManTAW

Smash Ace
RULES: You can't remove any of the Miis.

I would probably replace Wii Fit Trainer with Simon Belmont from Castlevania. Wii Fit Trainer isn't the worst, but she feels out of place, and Simon Belmont is from a classic Nintendo franchise. I think his moveset would be similar to ZSS, but would slower and more focused on damage rather than combo game.
Castlevania =/= Nintendo

Crosstails20

Smash Journeyman
Castlevania =/= Nintendo
Well he was first introduced on a Nintendo system. Also Sonic the Hedgehog=/=Nintendo, Bayo=/=Nintendo, Mega Man=/=Nintendo, Street Fighter=/=Nintendo, Pac Man technicality=/=Nintendo, FF=/=Nintendo, Even MGS=-/=Nintendo.

Also I would replace Wii Fit Trainer with Tails the Fox

Last edited:

MarioManTAW

Smash Ace
Well he was first introduced on a Nintendo system. Also Sonic the Hedgehog=/=Nintendo, Bayo=/=Nintendo, Mega Man=/=Nintendo, Street Fighter=/=Nintendo, Pac Man technicality=/=Nintendo, FF=/=Nintendo, Even MGS=-/=Nintendo.
I know, but Phobos said Simon Belmont was a Nintendo character, which is incorrect. Also, the likelihood of getting anyone from Konami in Smash (or back in) is rather small, I've concluded.

Zerp

Formerly "ZeroSoul"
Administrator
Writing Team
I wouldn't replace anyone, not because I don't think there were any bad decisions but mainly because if I really was able to do that, I'd also have to accept responsibility for it and I'd rather not face the army of angry insert_character_here mains and tell them that I'M the reason they can't play as their favorite anymore.

Last edited:

Lola Luftnagle

Banned via Warnings
This is a tough decision but I'd replace master :4darkpit: with Viridi. She wouldn't be a :4palutena: clone, but rather employ darkness effects with most moves.

v3ga

Smash Cadet
I don't know who he is but he probably doesn't come from a third party creator who doesn't originate form a Nintendo person.
Also why replace Duck Hunt.
That doesnt really matter at all. Cloud is in the game and he's from one of the biggest non Nintendo franchises in video games. Same goes for mega man and others. And i just think duck hunt is a very one dimensional bland/forgettable character.

Crosstails20

Smash Journeyman
That doesnt really matter at all. Cloud is in the game and he's from one of the biggest non Nintendo franchises in video games. Same goes for mega man and others. And i just think duck hunt is a very one dimensional bland/forgettable character.
But Final Fantasy's first game was on a Nintendo system

Rran

Smash Apprentice
I'd probably knock out Dark Pit for either Hades or Ridley (leaning towards the latter, but I do love me some Hades).

Top Bottom