• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

If you could remove and add one thing into the game what would it be?o

Underhill

Smash Ace
NNID
Chase47
Remove Smash Tour for Adventage mode(or story similar to SSE)
Remove Target Blast for Target Test from 64 and Melee.
Remove Ness's down-air and have it back to Brawl or 64 because I could barely do jack with that move in Smash
I have to remove one of Rosalina's coustmes for a patelle in her ponytail, it would be the yellow.
Same thing with Peach like Rosalina by getting rid of the white dress for a palette in her ponytail either her pink dress or fire outfit.
Remove Sonic's down-special for the tornado because even though I don't main him, I could barely find any use for it.

InfinityAlex

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
4871-5777-3906
Remove Sonic's down-special for the tornado because even though I don't main him, I could barely find any use for it.
Remove Sonic's down and side specials, add the side special as his new down special, add the Boost or some other unique move from the series as a new side special.
Remove butchered version of Live and Learn, replace it with the proper version.
Remove Escape from the City, replace it with a remix of Vela Nova.

Amiiboshiibo

Smash Journeyman
Remove Sonic's down and side specials, add the side special as his new down special, add the Boost or some other unique move from the series as a new side special.
Remove butchered version of Live and Learn, replace it with the proper version.
Remove Escape from the City, replace it with a remix of Vela Nova.
I'd remove his side special and give him the Speed Boost from Brawl Minus so I can one hit kill bosses. :troll:

Nah, I'd give him the Light Dash for his side special. A quick, short dash forward that does small damage and depletes his specials. Also, I'd remove his Nair and give make it his Fair in PM and give him his PM D-smash too.

Remove Falco's Shinerang, add a good Shine.

Smashifer

Smash Journeyman
NNID
CRYN1ME
3DS FC
5129-3686-1647
Remove Tournament Mode, Add a better Tournament mode

Amiiboshiibo

Smash Journeyman
add a character who can grab in midair (in the same vein Robin can use Smash attacks in midair), complete with unique aerial throws.
Looks like PM 3.6 Bowser is for you. Now with a Koopa Klaw down throw (that SPIKES), Bowser has a full set of aerial throws, minus U-throw (unless you count his standard throw a U-throw since it hits people upwards). And yes, they are all unique.

Reila

the true enemy of humanity is anime
I would remove Lucina and add a clone or pseudo-clone from a better and less represented franchise. Alternatively, I would remove Dark Pit and add Viridi as a Palutena clone instead. Since Palutena has a lot of specials, making Viridi somewhat unique wouldn't be much of a problem. Medusa would work instead of Viridi, too. Any of them would be better than literally Pit dressed in black and with an attitude.

Splebel

Smash Journeyman
I would remove Lucina and add a clone or pseudo-clone from a better and less represented franchise. Alternatively, I would remove Dark Pit and add Viridi as a Palutena clone instead. Since Palutena has a lot of specials, making Viridi somewhat unique wouldn't be much of a problem. Medusa would work instead of Viridi, too. Any of them would be better than literally Pit dressed in black and with an attitude.

"Medusa too Big" - Sakurai.

InfinityAlex

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
4871-5777-3906
I don't know about R.O.B.Hes pretty weak to me but his up special is very good for recovering
That's irrelevant when he has an aimed ****-you-laser and many multihitting moves. Sure, the laser is as telegraphed as hell, but he's just such a pain to fight.

MiiBrawlerGod

Smash Rookie
I would remove all of the invincibility frames from rolling and add custom moves for all dlc characters.

MiiBrawlerGod

Smash Rookie
ALL of them? I get wanting to nerf rolls, but why make them useless?
They wouldnt be useless. They would still retain utility as a spacing tool and could still be perfectly usable in dodging certain moves. Though now you would have to properly dodge instead of simply being invincible.

Splebel

Smash Journeyman
They wouldnt be useless. They would still retain utility as a spacing tool and could still be perfectly usable in dodging certain moves. Though now you would have to properly dodge instead of simply being invincible.
How would they help dodge certain moves if there are not invincibility frames. Shielding would be the better option in every case then.

For me though I would lower the shield recharge rate so shielding wouldn't be as effective and add endlag on some of Roy's stupidly lowlag power moves.

shadenexus18

Smash Master
NNID
ForteEXE1986
Get rid of Olimar. He is like so out of place. Ha ha ha!!! Aha! Does he even have a "cult following?" I never fight him ever when I play my friends live in person or online.

Put in Solid Snake. I said it in another thread...I miss his U-Tilt Sweet Chin Music.

Flaxr XIII

Smash Lord
NNID
FlaxrXIII
Remove stupid Waluigi colored Mario and add Flying Mario color.
Remove Custom Moves, add Voice Chat during online matches.
Remove 3DS version, add those 3DS stages to the Wii U :p
Remove Pyrposhere, add Phendrana Drifts.
Remove Stage Bosses, add an actual Boss Battle mode.
Remove ability to obtain repeated Trophies, add CD Shop.
Remove "Porky's Theme", add "You Call This a Utopia?"
Remove Port Town Aero Dive, add Mute City (Melee)

InfinityAlex

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
4871-5777-3906
Remove 3DS version, add those 3DS stages to the Wii U :p
Hooray, now we can have 10 year old kids screaming their salty "insults" over mic chat rather than being limited to 10 characters and only be able to say "hacker" and "noob".

FloriCA

Smash Rookie
Remove Smash Run TOUR and add more options in For Glory (more stocks, stages with platforms, disable name tagging, proper matchmaking etc.)
Bonus: Add mode where each stock is a different character.

Greetings

Last edited:

Runic_SSB

Smash Ace
NNID
Runic_SSB
Remove the new """"""""""""""""""""""""""""""Classic"""""""""""""""""""""""""""""" mode, add in the old Classic mode.

gmBottles

Fun Haver
NNID
komfyking
Remove Smash Run and add more options in For Glory (more stocks, stages with platforms, disable name tagging, proper matchmaking etc.)
Bonus: Add mode where each stock is a different character.
I would remove Smash 4 3DS as a whole and replace it with a huge Smash Run.
Smash Run is actually the only reason I ever went back to Smash 4 at all, I absolutely adore Smash Run. Though I do agree that For Glory needs more options.

Flaxr XIII

Smash Lord
NNID
FlaxrXIII
Hooray, now we can have 10 year old kids screaming their salty "insults" over mic chat rather than being limited to 10 characters and only be able to say "hacker" and "noob".
You removed the one that you're responding to.
And from my experience on Xbox Live, I've only run into the 10 year olds about 10% of the time. You make friends along the way. Sure, you'll still run into the salty haters but there's some nice people out there. I wanna hear them.

Last edited:

FloriCA

Smash Rookie
I would remove Smash 4 3DS as a whole and replace it with a huge Smash Run.
Smash Run is actually the only reason I ever went back to Smash 4 at all, I absolutely adore Smash Run. Though I do agree that For Glory needs more options.
Unfortunately my experience with Smash Run Tour was quite different. I played it many times just to get the milestones, and my first impression was that it looked half baked. Although there could be so much potential, the last battle for example is great. What do you like about Smash Run Tour so much? Maybe I need to give it a second chance!

Edit: Well, that was a bad mix-up:psycho: Sorry!

Last edited:

gmBottles

Fun Haver
NNID
komfyking
Unfortunately my experience with Smash Run was quite different. I played it many times just to get the milestones, and my first impression was that it looked half baked. Although there could be so much potential, the last battle for example is great. What do you like about Smash Run so much? Maybe I need to give it a second chance!
That's kinda what I mean, I think that if they made it into it's own thing or put more work into it it could work really well and be extremely fun. It's also a lot more fun with friends just to mess around rather than try to get all of the milestones.

Edit: I see you meant Smash Tour. I actually haven't played Smash Tour yet, but I still feel the same way about it. It could be a cool spin-off game or something like Mario Party, maybe they could re use the formula for a whole new franchise!

Last edited:

DarkStar64

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Keystoner_33
3DS FC
4914-3939-6213
Remove: Unlimited air-dodging
Add: General game play enhancements to make the game more pleasant from a competitive stand-point (More hit stun, more shield stun, nerf rolling and shielding)

ixos

Smash Apprentice
NNID
coolniceae27
3DS FC
2766-9576-6857
Remove: DLC costing money. Therefore making all current and future DLC free.

Add: DLC of all past SSB series stages and characters, along with actual alternate skins instead of only colour changes.

David Wonn

Smash Ace
I would remove the needless Miiverse requirement to start a tournament or send pics to friends (though I can send replays without Miiverse) and add regional options to For Glory / For Fun so we can drastically reduce the unnecessary input lag. They obviously thought to add regional settings to Tourney mode, so why not the other modes online?

Last edited:

Putuk

Smash Lord
3DS FC
2723-9688-6533
Switch FC
SW-8387-2163-6416
Pff, if it was up to me, remove Palutna and add Ivysaur.
But I doubt it'd make too many people happy.

If I really could do that sorta stuff, I'd probably remove someone like DHD or ROB and add either Wolf or Snake.

Mask and Mirror

Smash Apprentice
I don't know, I wouldn't want to remove characters. I'd much rather developers decide on what characters are present than players, since the developers are the ones who have to make the characters and make them diverse

Top Bottom