• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

If you could remove and add one thing into the game what would it be?o

InfinityAlex

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
4871-5777-3906
-Remove :4darkpit: and replace him with :pichumelee:.
-Remove :4tlink: and replace him with :younglinkmelee:.
-Remove 8-player smash and replace it with a story mode similar to Brawl's.
-Replace Mario's High-Pressure F.L.U.D.D. custom with the Mario tornado.
-Replace all character's custom moves that are variations of the standards and replace them with unique moves.
-Replace the new classic mode with the one in previous games.
-Replace Palutena's Temple with a stage based on Bellsprout Tower.
-Remove the streetpass minigame, add a lottery that allows you to pay coins for a luck-based chance to unlock custom moves, CDs, money, and trophies (Similar to Melee's trophy lottery).
-Remove multiple air-dodges and replace it with the air-dodge from Melee. I'm sick of air-dodge spammers.
-Remove 4 costumes for each character, use the extra space for clone characters.
-Replace the Mii Fighters with Rayman, King K. Rool, and Bandana Dee.
-Replace the DLC Mii Fighter costumes with (Model changes, not pallet swaps) DLC costumes for characters.
-What amiiboshiibo said for these first two.
-As much as I love SSE, it's not worth taking out the extra player support for, imo
-But Mario still has the Mario Tornado as his D'Air; It'd just be redundant to give it him again as a special. As well as this, High Pressure F.L.U.D.D. is useful for characters with more/better recovery options when combined with the Gust Cape.
-Again, some of the custom variants are very useful (Fox's Up B variant, Gust Cape, Storm Punch OP, etc.)
-Only on the Wii U version; It'd be far too big a slog on the 3DS.
-Not a good Wii U Pac-Man stage or a Mega Man stage unique from the 3DS version? Really?
-So basically Trophy Rush, but with 0 skill.
-I'm going to breathe deeply and move on...
-Why? That just saturates the roster way too much; Also, this working depends entirely on the absence of 8 player Smash, which for me just doesn't make sense.
-Breathing deeply again...
-OR we could just keep them AND have characters specific DLC costumes. Miis are still characters, y'know.

Yoshister

Smash Champion
NNID
DinoandAllen1
3DS FC
5386-7994-1390
-But Mario still has the Mario Tornado as his D'Air; It'd just be redundant to give it him again as a special.
-Only on the Wii U version; It'd be far too big a slog on the 3DS.
-Not a good Wii U Pac-Man stage or a Mega Man stage unique from the 3DS version? Really?
-So basically Trophy Rush, but with 0 skill.
-I'm going to breathe deeply and move on...
-Why? That just saturates the roster way too much; Also, this working depends entirely on the absence of 8 player Smash, which for me just doesn't make sense.
-OR we could just keep them AND have characters specific DLC costumes. Miis are still characters, y'know.
-Then give him his old d-air back.
-How? It's just randomly choosing a single opponent. That's easier than choosing three.
-At least those stages are suitable for battle.
-No, it's an alternative to trophy rush that allows you to get multiple trophies and custom equipment without playing an annoying minigame.
-What's wrong with this? It'd force you to air-dodge wisely.
-You'd probably get 1 or 2 clones out of the extra data at most. Oversaturation indeed.
-But mii fighters still take up data, so that would be impossible if everything I said took place.

Also, why on earth did you respond to my post?

Last edited:

InfinityAlex

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
4871-5777-3906
-Then give him his old d-air back.
-How? It's just randomly choosing a single opponent. That's easier than choosing three.
-At least those stages are suitable for battle.
-No, it's an alternative to trophy rush that allows you to get multiple trophies and custom equipment without playing an annoying minigame.
-What's wrong with this? It'd force you to air-dodge wisely.
-You'd probably get 1 or 2 clones out of the extra data at most. Oversaturation indeed.
-But mii fighters still take up data, so that would be impossible if everything I said took place.

Also, why on earth did you respond to my post?
That's like saying Mii Fighters take up data so DLC characters are impossible, which is obviously incorrect.
I responded because I can; There's nothing stopping me from doing so and I wanted to offer my own thoughts.

Yoshister

Smash Champion
NNID
DinoandAllen1
3DS FC
5386-7994-1390
That's like saying Mii Fighters take up data so DLC characters are impossible, which is obviously incorrect.
By impossible, I mean that the mii fighters wouldn't be in the base game to begin with. DLC isn't added to the game disc/cartridge by the way.

Last edited:

fauxchienne

Smash Cadet
NNID
erionduro
remove all of sonic's taunts. i cringe every time i hear "saanic speed!!"
add friend requests/ recent fighters menu like in Wii U
add the ability to fast forward/rewind replays, so you dont have to watch the whole thing every time you want to see that falcon punch

Amiiboshiibo

Smash Journeyman
Remove one of the additions from the post above since you're breaking the rules. You can't get a 2 for 1 deal, man.

Add more people adding Wario Land.

InfinityAlex

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
4871-5777-3906
Oh, I've got one; Remove the K. Rool costume and add a Volnutt one for Brawler. Yeah, I just went there.

3quinox

Smash Rookie
NNID
X3quinoxX
3DS FC
2294-6359-7765
Am i the only one that would take out the slow shield recharge or multiple air dodges and add wavedash or add more lag to air dodges?

InfinityAlex

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
4871-5777-3906
In terms of shielding, I would take out the current shield mechanic and instead make all shields like Yoshi's; Instead of growing smaller, they simply fade until they break. When I press the shield button I expect to block attacks, damnit.

Spatman

Smash Ace
I'd remove Little Mac and add... well, actually the removal of Little Mac would be already a wonderful gift for me, but... probably I'd add a new great story mode

SionReaver

Smash Rookie
In the minority, but I'd personally add 3v3 online battles 4V4 would be pushing it given how it struggles at times with one player. Better dedicated services would be needed. As for removing? Stage hazards, I guess.

Bedoop

Poyon
NNID
$50.00 / $??.??
3DS FC
0877-1726-4217
Get Target Blast out of here, bring in Break the Targets with Character-specific stages.

LRodC

Smashing With Mewtwo and Cloud
NNID
LightningrodC
3DS FC
1461-6200-7452
Remove Target Blast, add Target Smash. It's not that I dislike Target Blast that much, but Target Smash was a lot of fun even with 5 stages in Brawl.

I won't remove characters because my least favorite is someone's favorite and vice versa.

DanceLouisDance

Smash Cadet
3DS FC
1950-9158-5550
Take away sonic put in shadow as a good character and not a spin dash spam character. :3

Mario123311

Smash Ace
To those who say remove Pac-Man... Why u do this? :/

Remove Smash Tour, add Subspace Emissary/Adventure Mode

Amiiboshiibo

Smash Journeyman
To those who say remove Pac-Man... Why u do this? :/
Some people aren't fans of jank, and as we all know, Pac-Man is the king of jank. Might as well remove the entire character instead of taking the time to fix every little bug he has.

InfinityAlex

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
4871-5777-3906
Remove 3D Land, add Sarasland with this track and this track.
Remove Dream Land (3DS), add Fine Fields or Cookie Country, complete with a Wispy Woods boss and using this track and this track.
Remove Green Hill Zone, add Death Egg with this track, this track, and a Death Egg Robot boss which attacks from the background.
Remove :4rob:, add a toggle for stage hazards and bosses.

SurrealBrain

Smash Cadet
Throw out Smash Tour. Add an Adventure Mode.

Remove Wario's moveset. Add a new one that actually represents his history. His Smash moveset's fun, but it doesn't represent him very well.

Remove the K. Rool costume. Add K. Rool himself!

Can't think of anything else right off the bat, at least where removing stuff is concerned. But I'm sure something will pop up.

Last edited:

Pixel_

Smash Ace
Remove Goldeen, add as much DLC as possible.

Actually, remove lack of DLC characters and add DLC characters.

Lightsoul

Tricky Fox
NNID
Lightsoul101
3DS FC
3969-4786-4826
I would remove the miis and add in a create your own character mode. Something that allows players to be able to create their own characters, create their own custom moves and can level them up by playing their characters. No this is not Miis but is adding something into the game that would make it fresh again. Soul Caliber did it, with I believe pretty good results.

How it would work:

- You have the opinion to create a character from scratch or use a template.
- Your character can be humanoid, animal, robot, etc
- Templates come from different parts of the Nintendo world, ex Super Mario, Pokemon, Star Fox, Legend of Zelda, etc
- Depending on what your character is you are able to pick what elements they can use and build their move set from current roster moves or a small list of custom moves.
- Finally you level up your character by fighting with them in the game and a special online area where custom characters and create characters are allowed.

Of course there will be people who will hate on this idea but should create some interesting discussion.

Pixel_

Smash Ace
I would remove the miis and add in a create your own character mode. Something that allows players to be able to create their own characters, create their own custom moves and can level them up by playing their characters. No this is not Miis but is adding something into the game that would make it fresh again. Soul Caliber did it, with I believe pretty good results.
Well, it is interesting, but for some reason I feel that'll never happen in Smash Bros.

Last edited:

Zelduh!

Smash Cadet
Remove :4mario: and replace him with Hatsune Miku. :upsidedown:

Seriously though laughing at everyone removing characters. Like that would make the game any better.

If I had to remove something it would probably be that StreetSmash mode and I would add online Smash run as it is one of my favourite modes but I don't now many people locally who own Smash4. This Isn't a big deal for me though.

I think the game is perfect as it is tbh.

Last edited:

Zeth444

Smash Apprentice
Remove street pass mode, add stage ceator.
Remove King K costum, add King K.
Remove Smash Run, add Smash Run with a proper multiplayer.
Remove YellowDevil stage, add Fountain of Dreams or Yoshi's Story

InfinityAlex

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
4871-5777-3906

How it would work:

- You have the opinion to create a character from scratch or use a template.
- Your character can be humanoid, animal, robot, etc
- Templates come from different parts of the Nintendo world, ex Super Mario, Pokemon, Star Fox, Legend of Zelda, etc
- Depending on what your character is you are able to pick what elements they can use and build their move set from current roster moves or a small list of custom moves.
- Finally you level up your character by fighting with them in the game and a special online area where custom characters and create characters are allowed.

Of course there will be people who will hate on this idea but should create some interesting discussion.
Or you could remove Miis in their current form and make them a part of that option. :p
Still, that would be a nightmare for the animators. And balancing. xD

Top Bottom