• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

If you could mix two games...

Wonder Smash

Smash Champion
For games I would mix:

Mortal Kombat vs. Street Fighter
Tekken vs. Dead or Alive/Virtua Fighter
Soul Calibur x Final Fantasy

Dreamy Luigi

Smash Apprentice
NNID
DreamyZack
3DS FC
3239-3015-8059
Smash Bros. + Mario Kart= Smash Kart.
All Nintendo Characters are racing, instead of items you can do combat while you're in the kart (certain characters have projectiles that go far but don't do much damage, while close range combat does a lot of damage but not much range). It's a lot more technical than Mario Kart is atm.

Heroine of Winds

Smash Ace
Kirby & The Legendary Starfy. People keep comparing the two when it comes to the cutesy themes. Gameplay-wise, they play completely different, but I think a game with these two franchises mixed together might create some interesting gameplay ideas.

Matoi Knight

Smash Apprentice
NNID
katarina-hatsune
3DS FC
5215-0514-7118
Fire Emblem x Smash Bros.

I dunno, something seems cool about having the entire Smash Bros roster in a turn-based strategy RPG.

D

Deleted member

Mega Man X with the gameplay of Mario 64 and have it actually be good.

Spak

Hero of Neverwinter
Nintendo X Capcom, blending aspects and styles of both Capcom fighting games and Melee. It also might act as a bridge between the Melee and SF/MvC communities as they grow to respect the intricacies of each type of fighting game.

YoPoYo9100

Smash Apprentice
Borderlands loot system mixed up with the gameplay and atmosphere of Dark Souls.

Iceweasel

Smash Ace
I'd combine Xenoblade with either Pandora's Tower or one of the older Zeldas (LttP, LA, OoT, MM, or OoX). I'd have the dungeon design of Pandora's Tower/Zelda and the memorable characters, worldbuilding, epic moments, beautiful, massive overworld, and tons of sidequests from Xenoblade. It might be nice to throw a little Golden Sun into the mix too.

CyberHyperPhoenix

"Download Complete."
Project X Zone and the "VS Capcom" series. I'm sorry, but even with Capcom not having the Marvel license, a Capcom/Namco/Sega triple crossover Marvel style would be amazing and just seems like it would make so much sense.

Also, I'd kind of like to see some massive Mass Effect MMO thing. Like, have some giant war/conflict thing, and have everyone contributing to actual impacts on the outcome/conflict/story, etc. Though, I know some sort of massive scale super-multiplayer Mass Effect thing doesn't seem technologically feasible right now, it would be amazing.
Also SNK cuz Kyo :D

Last edited:

VioletSmashfan

Smash Ace
NNID
SVPfan89
3DS FC
2964-9317-6440
Disney Infinity x Smash Bros (without the Marvel characters of course).

Then again Disney Infinity 2.0 has a mode that's just like Smash Bros, so there ya go.

ProjectilePuff

Smash Apprentice
NNID
MilouPadley
3DS FC
1075-0715-3179
Metal Gear Rising and Fire Emblem Awakening.

I WANT TO PLAY AS A CYBORG NINJA DONNEL, DAMNIT!

Omar_25

Smash Superstar
Hotline miami + legend of zelda = amazing?
I've never played Hotline Miami, but I've seen it played.

Xavix

Smash Journeyman
NNID
xavix5
Megaman X Metroid.
Two completely different franchises, centered around robot esque fighters upgrading their weapons to defeat a consistent enemy and to save the world. Honestly, this would be an amazing crossover, and I know Nintendo could potentially make this happen since they seem to give more love to the blue bomber than Capcom.
This is also the only smash couple that I ship

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
Megaman X Metroid.
Two completely different franchises, centered around robot esque fighters upgrading their weapons to defeat a consistent enemy and to save the world. Honestly, this would be an amazing crossover, and I know Nintendo could potentially make this happen since they seem to give more love to the blue bomber than Capcom.
This is also the only smash couple that I ship
Not that bad of an idea. But I think the Mega Man X(and MMZero) series fits slightly better with Metroid thematically. The MMX series is a bit "grittier" which falls more in line with Metroid on the whole. It could still work with Classic Mega Man I suppose.

I think Mega Man and Kirby would also make for an interesting crossover idea. Those two take their weapons from enemies they've beaten too. Though the platforming is admittedly very different.

Poppy JR.

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Poppy JR.
3DS FC
3668-8475-0899
Jojo's Bizarre Adventure: The Platinum Games Character Action Game. Think Revengeance, but with stands and fabulous pompadours.

"What did you say about my hair?!" *Mash square to "Dorararara"*

Top Bottom