• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

If you could change one thing?

kazaken455

Smash Apprentice
We all love Zamus, but if you could change one thing about her, what would it be? I would change it that her d-tilt moved a her forwsard a little bit, and that her side B would do damage when it stays out there (after it has extended and before it comes back in). I can't count the number of times I've done side B and people walk into the wire but don't get damaged. Oh well. I lover her otherwize.

So what would you change?

Wildfire393

Smash Journeyman
My two complaints about Zamus:

1) Ranged grab. I know this is technically an "advantage", but more often than not when I go for a grab it misses. Playing against my friend's Falcon, he can bounce an aerial off of my shield, and in the time it takes me to start up the grab he can back-roll of out its range. In the time it takes the missed grab to end, he can run back in and grab me!
2) Too floaty. Combined with her high shorthop, this makes her aerial game very difficult to use on the approach. Combined with not having a "real" grab (which eliminates a running-grab approach), this really limits her approach options. Either I'd change the shorthop height or change the floatiness (changed shorthop height is probably the more powerful change, because it doesn't affect her recovery).

Other than those, the only thing I'd consider changing is making one of her aerials (forward or neutral probably) more like a sex-kick.

DarkShadowRage

Smash Lord
NNID
DarkShadowRage
3DS FC
0534-0479-5837
Switch FC
SW-6587-7751-8591
Sparrow your sig enlightens me
So..I post this...

Cancel

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Diaz30
The only things I would change are her grab and floatyness thats all. Oh and the picture above me is nice.

freddybones

Smash Journeyman
I'd make her down-B have a less lag, both during and after it. Also I want to be able to move and do stuff sooner after I used her kick.

kazaken455

Smash Apprentice
I agree with a ton of these. And I love your signiture, too, Sparrow :D Anyways. I especially would like a quicker grab. Her grab seems to have the longest start up lag out of all the ranged grabs. Link's is extremely quick, I know that x.x But I think she has one of the longest grabs. I also agree with the dead spots with the side B especially.

Lucrece

Smash Apprentice
Better KO abilities.

Marth, Meta Knight, Olimar, and all other space animals are relatively just as fast, yet they don't have to get a person to 125-130 to KO them while ALSO needing to get them in the air on the first place because her air attacks are the main form of KO.

I also wish down B had a larger window of invincibility. Her neutral B could use a little longer stun time, or at least a damage boost.

Eten

Smash Ace
There is almost nothing I would want to change about ZSS. Not only is she ridiculously sexy and SAMUS, but I love her entire moveset.

-Smashes: Super fsmash range gives incredible spacing, dsmash has a ton of damage and combo potential that is wicked, and her upsmash is just plain awesome.
-Dash attack: Fast, and links into tilts so well!
-Tilts: Uptilt hits both in front, behind, and above you, all of them setup well are fast and have good range.
-Aerials: omg possibly best aerials in the game. Fair, Bair, Uair are amazing damage(17% on the fair!!) and all three of them can kill. Nair has deceptively large hitboxes, speed, and most of all is very easy to hit with, and Dair changes your momentum! Transfer your momentum vertically and then cancel it with a dair, and survive like a heavyweight! At first I didn't like dair, but not after this.
-Specials: Ok, a stungun, two moves that do incredible damage, one KOs like crazy and the other whips them back towards you from out of the air, and finally a third jump, autowall-jumping with a spiking sex kick with amazing knockback power.(crazy low % spikes THROUGH WATER and like KOs off the side non-spike at 100%).
-Mobility: Not only is she literally fast on the ground, she also jumps very high very quickly, she can walljump, AND crawl!
-Recovery: It's a tether, but it's actually amazing! With a well above average second jump, a horizontal third jump, and both the longest(and that makes them quite long) vertical and horizontal tethers, and they all can be used in any order with no loss or general stun!
-Her grab and throw: Her grab is ranged, has an easy time picking up people out of the air, and most of all is actually really fast to come out! Not to mention, her throws are all really good and setup very well for many different things. The only drawback is that *if* she misses her grab, it's quite laggy.

So with all of that, what can I possibly want different? Very little, just three things:
-Her jabs. Her jabs simply suck, they don't even combo into themselves at any %, so it's very easy to get hit during your own normal AAA combo. I wish this was different.
-Her voice. It's not done right! We need the real voice actor.
-Her shorthop. If she had a lower shorthop Zamus would likely be god-tier. As it is, she has a high shorthop which doesn't let you use your aerials on a grounded opponent as you could possibly manage otherwise.

tisthemorning

Smash Rookie
make her down air cancellable >.>

and make the third part of her jab combo faster so that I don't get shielded half the time.

That's about it though; everything else about her and moveset are pretty awesome otherwise.

looduhcriss

Smash Apprentice
well id like if she had more KO moves, and also the dead spots in the whip kinda suck. But her Dair is actually really good, cuz if u Dair near the edge of a stage (but make sure ur gona land on it) and some1 gets hit they get spiked. So thats nice...

I dont mind the floatiness or lightness cuz she can pillar and that saves me time and effort of tryin to do aerial combos usually...

But shes still wicked as a character so i dont mind what she has/nt

Eten

Smash Ace
She isn't bad on KO moves. Better is always nice, but she doesn't fall short. Just use other moves for spacing and leading into damage than her over-B since you really can replace it with the rest of her moveset, and then use the fresh over-B for some really spectacular KO potential(and it's super easy to land for a KO move). Just be used to the fact that her smash moves don't KO, but her over-B, fair, bair, uair, and down-B all do quite well. Fair, for example, actually KOs a few lower % than bair if you land the second hit, and we all know how well her bair KOs. Sure, she's surpassed in KO power by guys like Ike, G&W, and Luigi, but she compares just fine to a lot of the popular characters and surpasses guys like Meta-knight.

abren

Smash Rookie
I agree with pretty much everything that's been listed, but I'd love to have a smaller short hop and a less punishable (maybe shorter in return) grab. There's a lot of cool stuff you can do with her grab, but it comes with such a risk...sometimes I love it, other times I feel like the extra range just isn't worth it.

Also, this isn't serious, but I kind of wish ledge-grabbing was a little stricter like in melee, because her dsmash would be a ridiculously good (and humiliating) edge guard.

kazaken455

Smash Apprentice
I agree with pretty much everything that's been listed, but I'd love to have a smaller short hop and a less punishable (maybe shorter in return) grab. There's a lot of cool stuff you can do with her grab, but it comes with such a risk...sometimes I love it, other times I feel like the extra range just isn't worth it.

Also, this isn't serious, but I kind of wish ledge-grabbing was a little stricter like in melee, because her dsmash would be a ridiculously good (and humiliating) edge guard.
I agree with thatement about the grab. I like how you can grab the edge in the wrong direction though XD Anyways, I was her grab didn't have so much lag. Start up and end. I especially hate the start up, because I'll try to dash grab and completely miss because I grab to late and slide past the people. Then I get punished! T.T Other then that, I think that Zamus is amazing! :D I second main her, next to Olimar. Though, lately all I've been doing is play as Zamus to get better with her XD

Pubik Vengeance

Smash Journeyman
Better KO abilities.

Marth, Meta Knight, Olimar, and all other space animals are relatively just as fast, yet they don't have to get a person to 125-130 to KO them while ALSO needing to get them in the air on the first place because her air attacks are the main form of KO.

I also wish down B had a larger window of invincibility. Her neutral B could use a little longer stun time, or at least a damage boost.
I am fine with her KO abilities, becuase I played a lot with Sonic the first few weeks Brawl was out, and Zamus is a major upgrade from Sonic.

Tristan_win

Not dead.
Heavier. Bigger boobs should mean she doesn't fly as far.
Congratulation you just won the thread!

I also wish for this but instead of her just being harder to kill how about making her short hop smaller as well.

Even the most faint difference in short hop height would allow her to be a lot more effective in killing people as well making her defense game much better in general.

KingofCereal

Smash Journeyman
I don't mind floating, and actually expected it based on Samus. I just wish she didn't die at such low percents.

0RLY

A great conversation filler at bars and parties
Zamus' mid air movements make sense. Her jumps are higher than Samus' but Zamus' wall jumps are shorter. I would change one of the following:

fsmash- make faster or stronger the range is deceptive
dsmash- actually fire a projectile so you can hit people below you from platforms, and maybe give it more range by changing the angle the gun shoots
dair- at least make this move END sooner. or maybe allow it to grab ledges
nair- let this move either combo or kill, I'd sacrifice fair's killing power for this
jab combo- add enough hitstun so that all the hits can connect
B- add more stun time, or faster charge speed, or an auto charge thing like ROB
B>- give the middle of the whip a hitbox, I'd sacrifice the easy sweetspot for it
Bv- allow you to use your tether before the attack finishes
Z- make it a tether attack in the air

Eten

Smash Ace
About her grab, I still think it is one of the fastest if not the fastest ranged grab on coming out. I shield dash grab and reverse shield dash grab all the time as a major part of my game, just because she can. Have you ever tried running one way, then suddenly grabbing the opposite direction with the reverse shield dash grab? It's really snatches people up. Given that you can't wavedash anymore, you only got so many options while moving quickly(aka doing things out of a dash). You have the dash attack, grab(and I think for just about every character a shield dash grab is faster except for power suit samus), shield dodge and roll, jump, and a B move. That makes the nature of her reverse shield dash grab pretty cool, since you can literally run out of the range of a move and grab them up at the same time, or be unexpected about it.

Demon Kirby

Smash Champion
1. A longer duration for her side-B, as the TC said
2. Shorter short hop (or you could just go to Heavy Brawl mode)
3. Better jabs

That's all.

Rui

Smash Cadet
I'd change her dsmash. Give it more range, so that it hits even a tiny bit behind you. It'd be much less punishable.
That or shorten her short hop.

ummyyeeaahh

Smash Cadet
I would make her not be in the game. I don't really like playing as her and because of hr, Samus is now seen as a ***** in the eyes of the public.

Moon/Sun

Smash Apprentice
The only things I would change is the ability to infinitely use her Down-B so that its more like the Bomb Jump (and lose altitude with repeated use), Tether moves steal the edge so she cant be edge guarded so easily, less floaty, down smash have bigger radius, quicker grabs, and finally be able to switch back to Samus using the taunt combination.

BANSHI

Smash Cadet
gameplay wise so far i think she's fine
but it would be neat if you could switch back and forth between samus/zss

Just Learning

Smash Rookie
The only thing I would be eager to change is her final smash. It is easily one of the weakest in the game and leave you as Samus - and I don't like to play as Samus. When playing in basic brawl online, I don't even know whether I want to get the smash ball because the taunt transformation is sketchy at my (low) skill level. I would change it so that she had some kind of Zamus specific final smash more like Zelda/Shiek where it was useful and didn't transform her back into Samus. That would change the character a bit conceptually since the transformation is supposed to be a result of Samus' final smash but I just find that mechanic to be really annoying - especially when you see someone like Wolf pull off numerous KOs with his final smash without any downside.

.kR0

Smash Journeyman
If her short hop was actually short, she would be insane.

Jesus bair out of shields>win
Even nair or fair

Ares And Enyo

Smash Apprentice
one of a few things:

1) remove deadzones
2) make side b always poke sheild
3) give her shiek's down air but with the starting animation she has now
4) give side and up b a way to cancel the auto sweetspotting
5) attack on up of jump
6) Inc range and speed of blaster

that'd be about it but I'd probably most prefer #3 (in a realistic sense) - ZS is an excellent character challenging but so rewarding

Top Bottom