• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

If you could add additional features (Non-character DLC)

tilopud_rye

Smash Rookie
So even before Nintendo asked for the public opinion of what additional characters should be added as DLC people have been sharing their ideas for characters. What about other content? If you could add an additional feature to Smash Bros in terms of gameplay, shared content, etc what would you go with?

I was surprised at who my favorite character to play as in Smash 4 turned out to be; Villager. It got me convinced to get Animal Crossing New Leaf which got me thinking:

How awesome would it be if you could import your Villagers custom outfit from an Animal Crossing game to play as in Smash Bros 4? Even if you couldn't 'share' your costume with others in online matches it would be fantastic if I could see my Smash 4 villager dressed as my New Leaf villager.

There are a couple ways this could be done (maybe even a way around importing the entire clothing library to SSB4) One way could be sharing saved data from AC: New Leaf for the 3DS Version, which can then be linked to Wii U via 3DS controller. Another would be to patch AC: New Leaf to allow Amiibo support, and use the Villager amiibo to transfer costume information. I'm unfamiliar with the Wii U options for Animal Crossing, but they could do something similar for those games.

Anyways- if I could add any additional content to Smash Bros 4 it would be that- Custom Villager outfits imported from Animal Crossing. I'd choose that over any additional SSB4 game modes, additional items, maybe even stages. It would just be awesome to actually play as MY Villager.

So what would you add?

TeddyBearYoshi

Banned via Warnings
I believe there is a thread about this already but it would definitely be stages. New Pork City 8 player smash. Think about it. :p

I'd also like alternate costumes for fighters (costumes, not retextures) but I'd honestly rather have stages.

Last edited:

Putuk

Smash Lord
3DS FC
2723-9688-6533
Switch FC
SW-8387-2163-6416
I'd just like a stage builder for the 3DS.
I have so many ideas for stages, but no means of actually making them.

PF9

Smash Lord
DLC Items and Event Matches. I in particular want to see the Ice Flower from the recent Mario platformers. It would function as the Fire Flower does in Smash, but only it would unleash a blizzard attack. This would be good for those who miss the Ice Climbers.

Schnee117

Too Majestic for Gender
Switch FC
6660-1506-8804
Alt Costumes (Roy for Marth, Mr L for Luigi, Dry Bowser, Fusion Suit Samus, ZSS in a Leotard with green hair etc.)
Stages (New Pork City, Sword Valley, Phendrana Drifts, Brinstar Depths etc.)
Music (Unfinished Battle, Fountain of Dreams, Tragic Decision,What I'm Made Of, I am All of me (for the edgy people)etc.)

Marrow

Speak softly and carry a Thick Club
3DS FC
1993-9950-1450
More Alts: Ms. PAC-MAN, Mr. L, Dry/Dark Bowser, Masked Dedede and more.
More Mii Options: Left-handed option and every outfit working for every Mii type. Want a brawler in a Fancy suit, or a Ninja Gunner? Me too.
Stages: Bring Pokemon Stadium 1, Yoshi's stages Dreamland / Fountain back, put Magicant/Prism Tower/Arena Ferox on Wii U.
Hazards: The option to disable hazards by stage, meaning you could turn off Pyrosphere's enemies but keep Halberd's cannon or the ducks on DH.
Final Smashes: I don't know how they could implement them but if a Final Smash could somehow be used as a finisher that would be incredible. They wouldn't even have to change certain ones (DDD, Greninja, Mii Brawler, etc) but others (Charizard, Yoshi, Peach, etc) would need some tweaks.

Last edited:

Duck SMASH!

Smash Journeyman
NNID
C.Piglet
HAZARD SWITCH. Turns off stage hazards, thus greatly expanding the list of viable existing stages. (Stadium 2, Kongo Jungle without the barrel cannon, Pyrosphere, Mushroom Kingdom U, Gamer, Garden of Hope, Wily's Castle, and Norfair all become viable for tourneys. Maybe even Luigi's mansion or wrecking crew...)

A THIRD CUSTOM MOVE FOR EVERYBODY (Yes, even DLC characters).
They were planned but scrapped during development. I want to see them back.

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
More diversity with Special Smash mode would be a good start. For example, allow individual players to have different effects, instead of giving the exact same extra effects to everyone.

BubbaDuke

Smash Apprentice
Melee-esque adventure mode.
Smash Run Wii U, even if it is only 1 to 2 players locally. (One on the TV, one on the gamepad like a lot of Wii U games lately.)

ShinyRegice

Smash Lord
Mewtwo's custom moves. Nuff said. I'm hoping that the fact people who registered both versions of Smash in Club Nintendo get him earlier than everyone else isn't just an early access for the sake of an early access and means that Mewtwo's custom moves are currently worked on in order to be added through an update when he will be released for everyone, otherwise I'm going to be incredibly upset. As someone who cares about custom moves and considered Mewtwo's potential customs as possibly the most exciting thing when it came to Mewtwo-related speculation I think he feels incomplete without them, and I don't believe they're disposable enough to just ignore in order to save time and money.

Speaking of custom moves...

A THIRD CUSTOM MOVE FOR EVERYBODY (Yes, even DLC characters).
They were planned but scrapped during development. I want to see them back.
Yeah this! Giving new moves to already existing characters is one of the hypest way to use DLCs I think besides characters themselves. And due to the fact they would be DLC I think they should be fully unique moves with a direct reference to the source material whenever it's possible. I don't have much problem about a lot of custom moves being generic variations, but I admit there's a considerable amount of wasted potential for a lot of characters, especially those with a wide arsenal within their own universe like Mario or Kirby, and even more generic variations is not what I'm looking for when it comes to DLC custom moves.

Still about custom moves, the ability to choose them from the CSS. As much as I like this concept I admit I don't use them very often because they're just impractical to use because you must create your must first create your custom fighter elsewhere and you can only save ten of them, but the ability to choose them from the CSS would make things soooooo much easier. As such, I'm sure it would make me use them more consistently.

I used to be excited about characters getting new sets of costumes similar to Little Mac's wireframe set, however I assumed they would be sold alongside characters and stages in Mario Kart 8-like bundles. With how Mii Fighter costumes seem to be handled I think it's not going to be the case, and I don't the idea of paying for purely aesthetic features.

Melee-esque adventure mode.
Yeah this as well! I'm nostalgic towards Melee's adventure mode and I'm sure there's a lot of fanservice potential here, and you could even add the ability to choose your path in order to increase replay value. I like modes like these because they allow to highlight the platformer aspect of Smash Bros. rather than the fighting game aspect which is a cool change of pace from time to time.

Last edited:

Mochamico

Smash Cadet
NNID
FancyPancy
3DS FC
3437-4422-3883
My first post here but whatever.
The ability to toggle bosses/hazards on and off in stages, such as the Yellow Devil, Nabbit, Shy Guys, or Metalface.
A 1v1 For Fun mode, or at least 1v1 that isn't always Final Destination.
"Alpha" forms, basically Battlefields of other stages.
Ability to make your own custom alt skins, but no flesh tones.

Ragna22

Smash Ace
I want the King of Fighters style tag team mode that's in Smash Tour to be given it's own mode in regular Vs. (For those unfamiliar with KoF, basically you select a set of usually three characters at a time, you can't switch between them normally, you only switch when you get KO'd just like in Smash Tour's final battle.) Also comparable to Project M's All-Star mode.

Last edited:

ElectricBlade

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Haruhisuzumia
3DS FC
1203-9228-7596
I want to be able to buy Custom moves! I wouldn't mind forking out like 2 bucks to save an hour of grinding.. :c

Dark Dude

Smash Journeyman
NNID
DudeSean
Improve the stage builder. Add in layers, more objects (like the missing ones from Brawl), set spawn points, add the ability to drag and drop platforms you've drawn, etc. The stage builder really just needs a lot of improvement. And make it so you can turn your stage into a Break the Targets stage, or maybe even a Race to the Finish!

I feel like that should be something in a free update, rather than as a DLC pack, simply because it's fixing what was originally broken, but if they were to make a stage builder DLC pack and it was good, I would definitely buy it... for a reasonable price.

Mitochondria-Eve

Smash Rookie
Definitely an Adventure Mode of some kind. Probably one like Melee.
I'd also like to add one alt. costume for as many characters as possible, as well as a few more palette swaps. If Little Mac can get more than 8 looks, I see no reason why the other characters can't.

WwwWario

Smash Ace
2 main things I want to see:

1. Stage Hazard Switch. On the Stage Selection Screen, there could simply be a button on the side saying "Hazards ON/OFF". Think about what we could get: Pyroshpere without Ridley, Wily's Castle without the Yellow Devil, Halberd without the lazer and the canon, Jungle Hijings without the stage falling down, Norfair without the lava, Pokemon Staduim 2 without transformations, Kongo Jungle 64 without the barrel... it would open up so many possibilities for the competitive scene! :D

2. More Stage Builder options. Give us ice blocks, falling blocks, ladders, etc. The drawing mechanic is so genious, but we need more to make it better! :)

Mobes

featuring Cool Robot Character "Ben Laserlove"
NNID
MobesMobes
At this point, I'm only interested in features that elevate the current game, instead of adding whole new single-player modes for instance.
  • GUI for selecting custom specials at the character select screen.
  • GUI for turning on/off the hazardless 5-8 player versions of stages for any amount of players.
  • GUI to easily batch-sell equipment.
Below are more extensive features I'd like:
  • During the loading screen, I'd instead like some sort of screen that shows the 2D art of the match fighters, which NNID name and name profile being used, and what custom moves they use.
  • The ability to sell trophies (essentially smelt duplicates into COLD HARD CA$H, although a small amount of it per throphy).

MarioMeteor

Smash Hero
NNID
BGenius23
3DS FC
0662-2900-1492
-The termination of custom move and trophy duplicates.
-Character stock battles.
-Stamina stock battles.
-Special 8-Player Smash.
-Some form of Adventure Mode, preferably similar to the Subspace Emissary (minus the Great Maze).
-Better Stage Builder.
-Maybe some more Stadium modes. Speaking of which, get rid of Target Blast and bring back Target Smash.
-Above all, For Customs. Why is this not already a thing?

CrazyPerson

Smash Journeyman
A few things no particular order.

1. There is nothing at all classic about classic mode... but I think that could end up being an entertaining large scale multiplayer thing if done right. Stages on ground, trophys touch they are then stuck together guaranteed to fight.

2. Smash Tour Battle Stock Matches: I really liked that final battle... each life being a different character. I'd like that to be an option outside of smash tour... would be fun for everyone to pick 5 characters (or whatever one's preference is) and then battle it out.

3. Stage Builder: I see what they were trying to do with it... but I also want to be able to put pre made parts in because getting what I want out of the current system is a freaking pain.

4. Tourney Mode: Why wasn't this included?

5. All the old stages I liked.

Last edited:

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
More stage builder options. I mean, seriously.

Another thing I'd love is the simple ability to delete any characters you've unlocked(an option in the first two games), so I can have fun unlocking them again. Albeit, they can feel like a pain to unlock compared to the first 3 games...

kantoskies

Smash Journeyman
NNID
kanto-skies
How awesome would it be if you could import your Villagers custom outfit from an Animal Crossing game to play as in Smash Bros 4? Even if you couldn't 'share' your costume with others in online matches it would be fantastic if I could see my Smash 4 villager dressed as my New Leaf villager.
I would be 100% for this, but I feel it's not very practical. They'd have to program in every hat/shirt/accessory possible, which I guess could happen but they probably wouldn't go that route and stick to generic starter villagers instead. Plus, only Wild World and City Folk would work because Population Growing had the weird hats (which I guess could also work) and New Leaf (and presumably Animal Crossing Wii U) have a new character style.

Now if they added in more costumes with the PG-style viking/princess hats, I'd be all for it.

Anyways, to answer your question, I would basically add more to every side of the game. The potential is there, just not completely fulfilled. So like:

• More music, both for base-game stages and DLC ones
  • Stages (at least one new one for each big series and lots of Melee/64 retro stages)
  • More actual costumes and color swaps that mean something (not just Mario wearing random colors but maybe an 8 bit sprite-inspired color scheme?)
  • More trophies that cover a wider-range of games (give me more Mario Party trophies! Trophies of the fighting teams from the first three Smash games! Trophies from the more obscure console Pokemon games!)
  • Also I'd fix the stupid camera movement when you're viewing a trophy, it doesn't let you see the top or bottom of a trophy very well and spins/scrolls too quickly to allow precise movement
  • An actual successor to Adventure Mode/Subspace Emissary. Maybe like Melee's Adventure Mode but with expanded platforming parts and more variety in the order of each part. And they could replace Smash Tour's place on the main menu with it and stick it under "Games and More". Or better yet put the new mode under "Single Player" and put that on the main menu.
  • Character stock battle
  • New events, mainly some with DLC characters/stages
  • Bring back Target Test, but since there's so many characters maybe make one stage for each franchise
  • Bring Back Race to the Finish and Board the Platforms
  • Put those three modes in Classic Mode (and make Classic Mode either like 64/Melee/Brawl or AT LEAST have the trophy move faster)
  • Give each character a 4th taunt for the side dpad
  • Give the Stage Builder more pieces and Nintendo-themed stuff (pieces and backgrounds). Also make some of them available for 8 Player Smash
  • Somehow make every stage available for 8Player Smash
  • Bring back Tournament Mode, as I think the one we're getting is wifi only

That's all I can think of off the top of my head, but if they do some of that then I'll actually consider it to be "content-heavy" like Nintendo likes saying.

Tailisu10

Smash Journeyman
NNID
TailisuTheTen
3DS FC
3566-1548-8575
3DS
- Melee Styled Special Mode since it's already in as Smash Run's final battle.
- Ability to choose the non-alternative song of the stages.

Wii U
- Able to play Smash Tour's Final Battle independently
- Save each character's last chosen alt to a nametag, like in the 3DS ver.
- Expanded Stage Builder

Both
- Ingame Custom Shop
- More Alt. Costumes
- More Stages
- More Music
- Customs With Anyone online
- Make Customs Set on the Character Select
- Ability to choose any outfit for every mii fighter.
- Upload Replays to Youtube

Naglfarii

Smash Journeyman
I'm kinda surprised anyone actually cares about custom characters

I really just want new costume and alts dlc, new looks for characters that are more than palette swaps. stages and music too.

And maybe some more control options. I kinda wish I could make smash attacks an independent button press from normal attacks

Vintage Creep

Smash Master
NNID
VintageCreep
The game is already adding so many characters but what it really needs are stages.
Like, A LOT of them. And please no repeats. Two Mario Circuit stages it's just... why? And Smashville / Town & City...

CaptainAmerica

Smash Master
NNID
TomOfHyrule
Melee modes. That's all I want.

I know it's too hard to put in a complex story, but Melee's adventure mode would be great. I think the thing I want most though is a true classic mode. The 3DS has that map, but it still feels like it has elements of classic mode. The WiiU's is morr "LYK OMG GUYZ, WE HAVZ 8-PALYER-SMASH AND CUSTOM MOVES!!!!!!" I've gone the entire time with no team battle, and I've also seen my last fight be versus Metal Whoever because **** you.

Of all the classic modes, I liked Melee's the best. 64 and Brawl held characters constant - you always fought the Zelda series first. It got tiring - I liked the randomness that Melee had. What you had there was you knew the type of battle, 1v1, 2v2, etc., you just didn't know the enemy. I also liked how Melee's All-Star randomized the order, but started with 1v1 battles and went from there.

I'd love to see some of the 3ds stages ported up. I love Gerudo Valley and Pac-Maze (what is this MS Paint thing PacMan has now), Corneria, Brinstar...Why can't we get those in HD?

I'd love more costumes (Why did Mario lose his Jumpman recolor), particularly if they involved new meshes (Hyrule Warriors Ganondorf, please - or just replace the character with that moveset, that works too).

And we need a Hazard switch. Wily Castle and Pyrosphere are nigh unplayable. (Plus, then Ridley's not a boss anymore, so he's a candidate for DLC!)

D

Deleted member

1. Set Item Lists
2. Hazards Toggle
3. Normal Crazy Orders (Balanced around no customs/equips)
4. Melee Alternates (characters) DLC
5. Customs For Fun Customs For Glory (allow Miis to be used as well)
6. Smash Run for Wii U
7. Palette Editor (Let's you make your own colors for characters)

Last edited by a moderator:

PlanFive

Smash Rookie
Am i the only person who wishes you could navigate the menus by using the touch screen on the game pad?

Top Bottom