• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

If you aren't learning to Dash Pivot Cancel with Zelda, you probably should

Luthien

Smash Ace
Still, Zelda's Fsmash has enough range to hit despite the retreat.
That's not quite what I meant by what I said. It takes time to run away and then turn around to boost the fsmash, so tricking your opponent into falling for it is harder than just boosting the fsmash right away. I meant that it would be nice if you could just boost the fsmash without wasting any time or spacing dashing away from where you want to attack first.

Sonic The Hedgedawg

Smash Hero
NNID
SonicTheHedgedog
3DS FC
3437-3319-6725
That's not quite what I meant by what I said. It takes time to run away and then turn around to boost the fsmash, so tricking your opponent into falling for it is harder than just boosting the fsmash right away. I meant that it would be nice if you could just boost the fsmash without wasting any time or spacing dashing away from where you want to attack first.
yeah... it's true, it's disapointing, but it's not a huge enough problem to render the move useless, just less useful...

.... why can't you turn around faster Zelda??? grr...

sFoster

Smash Journeyman
Yeah luth and I are describing the same problem.
I find the following technique much more useful in practice -

Fox Trot Forward, Fox Trot Forward Canceled Into Backward Canceled into FSmash
Maybe thats a dash canceled forward smash I don't really know all the names.

So many **** names that float around these days lol. DPC, DCFS, Stutter Step..etc

Garde

Smash Ace
Has anyone replicated the forward slide?

Has anyone timed how long the pivot frames for the slide last before you can use the AT?

I'm trying to figure out how viable this actually is, but I haven't had a chance to play around with it yet.

If you can slide forward with a f-smash, does that mean that you can slide forward while f-smashing in the opposite direction? I mean, it could potentially be used like WD back to f-smash was for some characters in Melee (Samus comes to mind), but it really depends on how long it takes to initiate the AT, and whether or not you can slide forward while facing the opposite direction (basically, run left, pivot right, slide left, f-smash right).

Top Bottom