• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

If tourneys approved hacks?

MBlaze

Smash Champion
Would you agree to have wavedashing and/or L canceling in tourneys and/or hitstun if and when the hack for that gets made?

Personally I just want a Brawl version of hitstun so combos can be done but not too much for a lot of infinites to happen more. Also no tripping would be nice :p , I don't care if Wavedash and L Canceling is in as much but the Melee airdodge would be nice so the opponent can actually be punished. Your thoughs on this?

Barge

All I want is a custom title
No, because Brawl is not melee, melee is not brawl. If you REALLY want brawl to be melee 2.0, then go make it yourself. Though I'm sure wavedashing and L cancleing in brawl is fun, its just not for tournaments.

Roihu

Smash Ace
Wouldn't it be like just saying you want Melee approved in tourneys?
But, anyways, no I wouldn't. I just think it's too much trouble for people who don't use hacks.

MBlaze

Smash Champion
Like I said before, Melee with updated graphics and new chatacters = win. Just trying to make Brawk better since a lot of people don't like it because no AT's. At least 1 or 2 hacks like hitstun or no tripping would be nice though.

Barge

Like I said before, Melee with updated graphics and new chatacters = win. Just trying to make Brawk better since a lot of people don't like it because no AT's. At least 1 or 2 hacks like hitstun or no tripping would be nice though.
Well, sucks for them. If they can't enjoy a game, they can play another one.

Knyaguy

Smash Lord
well no, because hosts might change other things aswell. They might change the knockback of some characters not others. Meta-Knight could be really good when you play at home but in a tourny he might be worse than C.Falcon.

Revven

FrankerZ
well no, because hosts might change other things aswell. They might change the knockback of some characters not others. Meta-Knight could be really good when you play at home but in a tourny he might be worse than C.Falcon.
No, no no. A TO would not know how to legitimately HACK the game without basic programming knowledge. The "hacking" people are talking about or you WANT to go by are called "codes" which the correct term using them would be "cheating". There are no codes that allow you to set certain character's knockback or damage dealed. There are only player codes for that type of stuff and even then, it would be incredibly noticeable.

This argument is just dumb, seriously. A TO with any sense of mind wouldn't put something SO OBVIOUS to notice in their tournament that makes everything unfair. It's silly to use it as an argument, you'd have to be a complete tard to put something in there that is noticeable like knockback or damage dealed on certain players.

A TO has no control over hacking what he wants if he is to be using codes. He cannot do what you're proposing without the codes already being made beforehand and like I said, the TOs wouldn't hack their game because they'd need to pay $50 (USB Gecko's price, which you DO NOT NEED to use codes, it's what is used to hack the game) to and who's going to do that just to **** their own tourney over? They're limited to the codes that are out there, they can't change them and they can't bend the game to the way they want it to be for their tourney without having prior programming knowledge (like C++ or ASM) and the money to afford the product needed for the job.

Otherwise, you're stuck with Gecko OS 1.07 + Ocarina and the codes made that are either for fun or codes like SSBM Air Dodge and S-Canceling/L-Canceling.

That argument is poor is all I am saying.

hippochinfat!!

Smash Lord
No, because Brawl is not melee, melee is not brawl. If you REALLY want brawl to be melee 2.0, then go make it yourself. Though I'm sure wavedashing and L cancleing in brawl is fun, its just not for tournaments.
What do you mean "It's just not for tournaments"?

If I wanted to, I could go host a tournament right now using those hacks.

RP`

Smash Apprentice
If you REALLY want brawl to be melee 2.0, then go make it yourself. Though I'm sure wavedashing and L cancleing in brawl is fun, its just not for tournaments.
Isn't he already asking that by wanting hacks to be allowed? It is like making it a new game without designing, programming, etc.

Red Arremer

Smash Legend
No, because not everyone has the abilities to hack their game or want to do that, and therefore it gives an unfair advantage to those who know how to hack respectively haven't had the chance to train on these techniques.

K 2

Smash Lord
wow...hacks...hacks....hacks....GO DESIGN YOUR OWN FRICKEN GAME WITH ALL THE EFFING HITSTUN YOU WANT!!!!!!!!! Seriously people, wavedashing and l-cancelling in friendly matches with your friends is perfectly find, but I don't think everyone who plays brawl wants to RELEARN how to play Melee.

You want melee airdodge back so people can be punished?
1. You obviously suck at punishing people in brawl...apparently you think you can only punish people who are in helpless states...Pros NEVER let themselves be in helpless states, so in a tourney environment, you won't punish them for that. You can only punish noobs like that...
2. Play Melee

You want more hitstun so you can have combos, but no infinites?
1. Can you say fox's waveshine in melee? too much hitstun=0-death
2. more hitstun=more infinites...Infinites are boring. Just imagine a game where everytime you got hit with a shine, or everytime you got grabbed, you would lose a stock...Boring!
3. Play Melee

Wavedashing is rather useless, beyond looking cool...
1. Play Melee

L-cancelling?
1. There are Auto cancelled aerials in brawl, no need for l-cancelling. Also for the non AC-able aerials, you can reduce the lag to zero by jumping and instantly performing an aerial, so the move finishes in the air with zero landing lag
2. Play Melee

Enough with the threads already?

Revven

FrankerZ
No, because not everyone has the abilities to hack their game or want to do that, and therefore it gives an unfair advantage to those who know how to hack respectively haven't had the chance to train on these techniques.
It's easily accessible to ANYONE. ANYONE. Seriously. I kid not.

It takes a mere thirty minutes to set everything up if you have everything you need.

Makkun's Guide

This too is a pretty meh argument, because it's easy to set up and there's no risks involved. =\

Moot point is moot.

M@v

Subarashii!
The only code I could see myself agreeing with is the no tripping. For the other stuff, go play melee.

akkon888

Smash Journeyman
Get melee if you want all this. It will eventually turn out better in due time. It makes no sense that just because some people want hacks that others have to have them to be fair. Too much flame, turn the heat down please.

Red Arremer

Smash Legend
It's easily accessible to ANYONE. ANYONE. Seriously. I kid not.

It takes a mere thirty minutes to set everything up if you have everything you need.

Makkun's Guide

This too is a pretty meh argument, because it's easy to set up and there's no risks involved. =\

Moot point is moot.

Out of the thread
If you screw up on installing a .wad file, you could brick your Wii. But now bricks are becoming fixable anyway... STILL. I do NOT condone the act of installing .wad files on your Wii unless you know what you're doing
See what I mean? Not everyone wants to risk that. Heck, not everyone wants to use a hacked Brawl just so Melee wussies can have it their way.

Adi

Smash Lord
It's not even worth it.. why don't we just go back to playing melee rather then spend time fiddling with the code of brawl.

chic

Smash Ace
I think this is a silly idea and a huge waste of time but I do have a question about it.
If someone goes online with a hacked brawl and plays me who has a normal version of brawl what would happen? Would he be able to wave dash and all that nonsense against me?

Snowbird

Smash Cadet
Okay, people can host tournaments with hacks if they want, how does it affect you, JUST don't go to them. Stop telling us to go play melee. Stop telling us to go play melee. Stop telling us to go play melee. Seriously it's so god**** annoying.

If people want to make a game more fun, and want to challenge people who also want to play a more fun game, WHY ARE YOU GETTING PISSED AT THEM, and who the hell are you to stop them? I do not understand your thought process. If I had to guess it would have to be a combination of 1. Lack of being able to hack(which is really easy, you follow steps.. its like baking a cake) 2. You weren't as good at melee. 3.You havent actually really thought about it.

Sosuke

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
8132-9932-4710
Marioblaze, get over it. srsly.
It just all sounds like *****ing to me.

metaXzero

Smash Champion
Okay, people can host tournaments with hacks if they want, how does it affect you, JUST don't go to them. Stop telling us to go play melee. Stop telling us to go play melee. Stop telling us to go play melee. Seriously it's so god**** annoying.

If people want to make a game more fun, and want to challenge people who also want to play a more fun game, WHY ARE YOU GETTING PISSED AT THEM, and who the hell are you to stop them? I do not understand your thought process. If I had to guess it would have to be a combination of 1. Lack of being able to hack(which is really easy, you follow steps.. its like baking a cake) 2. You weren't as good at melee. 3.You havent actually really thought about it.
QFT!

Marioblaze, you should have had something like "as an alternate standard" in the OP or title. Now this thread just is going to be filled with people *****ing about things that WON'T EFFECT THEM.

*sigh*

Barge

Lol, I hate it when nana trips right when I grab someone with popo.
Ruin my chain grab much why dont cha

Roihu

Smash Ace

More challenging? What's more challenging than battling luck?

Sosuke

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
8132-9932-4710
Barge you can't even chaingrab. >_>

Revven

FrankerZ
See what I mean? Not everyone wants to risk that. Heck, not everyone wants to use a hacked Brawl just so Melee wussies can have it their way.
You don't need to install any .wad files onto your Wii to use a "hacked" version of Brawl. Therefore, there is no risk if all you're going to do is use codes. =\

If someone goes online with a hacked brawl and plays me who has a normal version of brawl what would happen? Would he be able to wave dash and all that nonsense against me?
Desync the minute the person using codes has their thing happen and it doesn't happen on your screen (i.e no tripping, you trip on your screen but on his, you don't, therefore desync).

K 2

Smash Lord

Geez people. Melee was a great game, I loved it, you loved it, everyone loved it. Brawl is not Melee. Some people do not want to go through the trouble of renting Twilight whatever and having to hack their wii. There is a risk, however small, and some people just don't want to screw over there $250 toy trying to make you character slide a few pixels over...I know my parents would defiantly not buy Twilight and an SD card for my to hack my wii. IF anything went wrong, who's responsible? The person who designed the code? no, its the person who hacked his own wii and failed.

You find us tell you to play melee annoying? How about your 50 threads on how to make brawl melee. You think I find those not annoying?

You want to challenge people by making the game harder, so new players can't catch up to older player's skill level? That actually makes it EASIER to win, not harder. So its LESS of a challenge. The real challenge is to get by brawl's downsides (lack of l-cancelling, tripping) by finding new techniques and such, not by creating or changing the physics of the game. I'm not trying to stop them from using LC and WD, only to not inplement them into tournaments/competetive play.

1. Lack of being able to hack: I don't think EVERYONE wants to go rent twilight, buy an SD card, hack their wii, hope it does screw up, just to make your character slide over. It's simple like baking a cake?
http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=199810
This is the most effing complicated cake I've seen. I don't know where you cakes come from man, but my cake mixes come from wal-mart.
2. You suck at melee: yes, I did. THAT'S WHY I PLAY BRAWL. It gives everyone the same chance at being good.
3. You haven't thought about it: YOU'RE the one who hasn't thought about it...

Roihu

Smash Ace
See, you don't have to play. It doesn't even affect you. Just forget about the hacking and go play brawl.
Yes, it does. Because people keep spamming this forum with hacks!
Couldn't you people keep it to 1, maybe 2 threads tops?

K 2

Smash Lord
Luck? what luck? tripping? If you lose to someone who depends on tripping *tries to hold in laughter* you should *tries even harder to hold in laughter* *can't contain laughter* HAHAHA WOW SOMEONE SUCKS AT BRAWL...*coughsnowbirdcough* I guess you get three stocked by people who depend on tripping to win! ROFL!

I don't have to play with hacks, and I don't

It does affect me.

Why don't YOU go play brawl, unhacked?

Roihu

Smash Ace
Luck? what luck? tripping? If you lose to someone who depends on tripping *tries to hold in laughter* you should *tries even harder to hold in laughter* *can't contain laughter* HAHAHA WOW SOMEONE SUCKS AT BRAWL...*coughsnowbirdcough* I guess you get three stocked by people who depend on tripping to win! ROFL!

It does affect me.

I only put luck because they took out tripping with their codes.

Snowbird

Smash Cadet
Geez people. Melee was a great game, I loved it, you loved it, everyone loved it. Brawl is not Melee. Some people do not want to go through the trouble of renting Twilight whatever and having to hack their wii. There is a risk, however small, and some people just don't want to screw over there $250 toy trying to make you character slide a few pixels over...I know my parents would defiantly not buy Twilight and an SD card for my to hack my wii. IF anything went wrong, who's responsible? The person who designed the code? no, its the person who hacked his own wii and failed.

You find us tell you to play melee annoying? How about your 50 threads on how to make brawl melee. You think I find those not annoying?

You want to challenge people by making the game harder, so new players can't catch up to older player's skill level? That actually makes it EASIER to win, not harder. So its LESS of a challenge. The real challenge is to get by brawl's downsides (lack of l-cancelling, tripping) by finding new techniques and such, not by creating or changing the physics of the game. I'm not trying to stop them from using LC and WD, only to not inplement them into tournaments/competetive play.

1. Lack of being able to hack: I don't think EVERYONE wants to go rent twilight, buy an SD card, hack their wii, hope it does screw up, just to make your character slide over. It's simple like baking a cake?
http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=199810
This is the most effing complicated cake I've seen. I don't know where you cakes come from man, but my cake mixes come from wal-mart.
2. You suck at melee: yes, I did. THAT'S WHY I PLAY BRAWL. It gives everyone the same chance at being good.
3. You haven't thought about it: YOU'RE the one who hasn't thought about it...
I think you over thought about it rofl.. And if no one in your house has a digital camera I think it's time you move into the 21st century. With a cake you have to buy loads of ingredients, this you just have to borrow ONE ingredient.

And you cannot use the word "everyone" ... that is a superlative.. the majority of everyone will still be playing normal brawl. Probably 99%. If some of us find it more fun to play hacks we will play with them. We will host tournaments with them if we want. You don't have to come though.

I hate looking at back to back arguments on this site cause they last like 50 pages, so I wont argue it any further here. I've stated my thoughts, you've stated yours and neither of us will change our minds. I believe if people want to make a game faster paced, and most of all, more fun** then we should be allowed to. You don't have to share our fun..

thats all..

BigRick

Smash Master
Montreal, Canada AKA Real City brrrrrrrrapp!
At first when I saw the hacks I was just like ''lol'' but with good organisation creating a ''Melee 2.0'' scene is totally possible. Just think about Counter-Strike and DOTA...

And the point would not be to directly compete with Brawl... just to give an alternative to players. But I doubt the the Smash community would be mature enough to get into something like this...

metaXzero

Smash Champion

It does affect me.

Why don't you shut the hell up and let people PLAY HOW THEY WANT TO PLAY!

Disliking hacking is fine. Disliking hacked tournys is fine. Coming in here and telling people how we should play is just stupid.

Top Bottom