• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

If this thread gets over 100,000 replies...

Status
Not open for further replies.

1-X

Smash Journeyman
NNID
musokid89
False - thats a bit sus but if thats what ur into ...

T/F - Melee is the second best fighter on the cube after Soul Calibur II

BladeMarth

Smash Ace
Lateral Thinking

Hiya, so like heres the deal. I havent seen any recent topic like this so here. All you have to do is post questions to do with logic and lateral thinking etc but don't post the answers until at least someones had a guess.....and you may only post 1-5 questions per post, to save things getting cluttered. I know this isnt really a game lol.....who cares...LAME questions ARE allowed, as long as their not extremely lame such as why did the chicken cross the road etc. OK , ill go first:

1. Before the Nile was discovered, what was the longest river in the world?

2. In the 18th Century, a woman (wont type her name) gave birth to 13 children. Exactly half of them were girls. Explain.

3. If a man lives in Seattle, why can't he be buried in Birmingham?

4. Here is list of 4 words with something in common:

ATOM
TIMID
LESSON
HANDY

could WILLOW join the list?

5. Many authors have writtne entertainingly about time travel, but what would happen if you could be taken out of time, say, for 5 seconds and then returned to the exact same spot?

Have fun! ( who has fun thinking?)

1-X

Smash Journeyman
NNID
musokid89
omg those are soooooooo easy lol.

13 kids ... half are girls right?
6.5 are girls and 6.5 are boys ...
one child is a he/she ... TADA !

omg im so smart ... no seriously whats the answer?

Crash

Smash Journeyman
1. the Nile
2. don't know
3. because he is alive
4. don't know
5. i don't get it
SIG! DOUCHE!

Simna ibn Sind

THIS IS unMODNESS!
BRoomer
Slippi.gg
SIND#745
1. The Nile River
2. Hmm...13 children...1 woman...half girls...7 sons, 6 daughters, 1 mother...just guessing
3. Suicide is not the answer
4. no...i'm pretty sure im right, but if u say im wrong then we know what the answer is
5. If you could be taken out of time then replaced where you were 5 seconds later nothing would happen...because you wouldn't know how to get yourself taken out. I'm pretty sure I can fly and breathe fire...I just dont know how yet.

EDIT: OMG Crash you beat me by 1 minute!
SIG DOUCHE!

Cardzmaster2004

Smash Journeyman
I know all these but number four.

1. The Nile, who cares if no one knew about it.

2. 6 girls, 6 boys, and one who died at birth.

3. B/C he's alive.

4. No clue.

5. The world would explode. Nuff said.

Kaotical

Smash Ace
Tiger Woods PGA Tour 2004 doesn't end with a 'R'. That's what I went off of. Anyways...

Golden Axe

Flarefox

Smash Ace
#4 & #5

4. Each word has the name of a boy contained in it. Willow would fit in for number four because of the name Will in WILLow.

5. Hmmm... Taken out of time for five seconds? IMO, time is simply the concept that allows things to occur or change progressively. With no time, nothing can happen because all things need at least some time to change. Your brain would have no time to think or function if you were out of time. One could say that it is the equivilent of traveling back five seconds, but you would have no memory of this experience. In a sense, it would have not happened at all, because it had no time to happen, making this situation an impossibility.
Nothing can happen if there is no time for it to happen in.

Gaiagamer

Smash Ace
1. The MILE XD...or the Nile

2. The mom + 6 boys +6 girls = 13

3. I'd have to say he's still alive:p

4. ALL of the words are 2 syllable words:
A-TOM
TI-MID
LESS-ON
HAN-DY

WIL-LOW could be added to the list. (I just put the spaces in spaces that sound right, don't quote me that they're the exact places for each syllable, but they all do have 2)

5. Uh...you'd be 5 seconds in the past

Dodongo

rly likes smoke
BRoomer
I still can't believe
They teach ebonics in school
Learning in reverse

Write about a stapler (I once found an entire site about stapler haiku's so yours better rock...no stealing)

BladeMarth

Smash Ace
ok, i will post the answers to the ones that have been answered correctly.

1. The nile lol

3. coz hes still alive....

4. flarefox got it, its because they all have guys names in them....

2 and 5 are still unanswered , when they all been done, either i or someones else can post new ones.

Flarefox

Smash Ace
More ideas for #5

If you were taken OUT OF TIME for FIVE SECONDS? If you were out of time, there is no time where you are, so how can you say for five seconds? You may say that that period of five seconds would relate to people in time, but if you returned to the exact same spot in time, then in their eyes, nothing happened to you out side of time. It would seem like you stayed in time.

If time progresses, things exist and change.
If time freezes, thing remain in their current state.
If their is no time, and IF things could exist outside of time (meaning with no time), things are existing for 0 units of time and are therefore not existing.

Time is necessary for existence, so without time things really have no TIME to exist at all. You could never exist out of time, because time is what allows you to exist in the first place.

Is it that she really had 14 children, or seven boys and seven girls. If one of them was born by a cesarian section, then she did not really give birth to it. So, then she really would have given natural birth to 13.:confused:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom