• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

If SSB4 Was Cancelled...

What would be your reaction?

• Total voters

Accf124

Smash Journeyman
With online servicing closing as well, this would only add salt to the wound.

BluePikmin11

Akko is my dear daughter!
NNID
blue
I'd be disappointed to see Sakurai cancel this, he's obviously sacrificing his body for us to play such a glorious game. I don't see this game being cancelled, AT ALL.

D-idara

Banned via Administration
NNID
D-idara
3DS FC
4511-0670-4622
Where's the "I'd look for the nearest window/cliff and jump" option?

Sonicthesneak

Smash Ace
I'd be happy.

For the REAL Smash game would already be in development for whatever console/system Nintendo was cooking up. As a release game.

In any sane world, that's the only reason this game would be cancelled. To make way for another Smash game for another system, not tied to a handheld. Which would do everything Smash 4 was planned to do and then obviously more. I'd also expect for the 3DS to get a separate version of Smash for itself.

So yeah, that's be my take on it.

Jason the Yoshi

Watching Me, Wanting Me
I could care less! I'm a college student, I have a job, and Sakurai has been disappointing me about the new smash from the start, except for MegaMan.

SPOILER ALERT: College is REALLY HARD WORK!!!

D-idara

NNID
D-idara
3DS FC
4511-0670-4622
I'd be happy.

For the REAL Smash game would already be in development for whatever console/system Nintendo was cooking up. As a release game.

In any sane world, that's the only reason this game would be cancelled. To make way for another Smash game for another system, not tied to a handheld. Which would do everything Smash 4 was planned to do and then obviously more. I'd also expect for the 3DS to get a separate version of Smash for itself.

So yeah, that's be my take on it.
:I I wish I could permadislike this post...SSB4 IS THE REAL SMASH GAME. The Wii U's fine for this new Smash, and I really doubt that the 3DS is holding back the Wii U version, since we've already seen that it can manage characters like Rosalina & Luma and it'll have completely different stages. Sakura also said at some point that the 3DS version could come out later.

I could care less! I'm a college student, I have a job, and Sakurai has been disappointing me about the new smash from the start, except for MegaMan.

SPOILER ALERT: College is REALLY HARD WORK!!!
Boohoo...I'm going through College and I know of at least 3 more users on this site that are college students and we're still looking forward to Smash4 with mind-blowing hype.

Last edited:

PadWarrior

Smash Ace
NNID
Smasboards suck
Just spend even more time with my wife and child and play Mario Kart 8. Life goes on.

Xermo

Smash Champion
NNID
SSBFC-Xerom
3DS FC
4425-1998-0670
Post hypothetical "What if SSB4 had released?" threads on the internet

Hong

The Strongest
Melee lives forever. Project M is only getting more and more players all the time, though we'll see how things go when Nintendo Wi-Fi croaks.

fill

20EggsEggs
I'd be disappointed to see Sakurai cancel this, he's obviously sacrificing his body for us to play such a glorious game. I don't see this game being cancelled, AT ALL.
do you think we are going to get the quality game he intends to put out or are his arm issues going to end up him just trying to finish it to get it over. when people start digging into the game and uncovering all the could have been characters, oh man

Jason the Yoshi

Watching Me, Wanting Me
Boohoo...I'm going through College and I know of at least 3 more users on this site that are college students and we're still looking forward to Smash4 with mind-blowing hype.
DONT BOOHOO ME!!!! I take sixteen credit hours, and I just got done with three midterm exams.

Steelia

Smash Champion
Wouldn't shed a tear. I'd be kinda salty the "last" entry in the series is still SSBB, though. But at least there's Melee/Project M.

Also, I'd blame Lucario.

D-idara

NNID
D-idara
3DS FC
4511-0670-4622
Melee lives forever. Project M is only getting more and more players all the time, though we'll see how things go when Nintendo Wi-Fi croaks.
Except:
1.- It may be good, but it's a hack.
2.- Doesn't have Megaman or Ridley.
3.- Has Roy (That's a downside).

We need a game that makes the Melee fanbase move on.

BluePikmin11

Akko is my dear daughter!
NNID
blue
do you think we are going to get the quality game he intends to put out or are his arm issues going to end up him just trying to finish it to get it over. when people start digging into the game and uncovering all the could have been characters, oh man
In the end I think the arms issue is something he'll overcome just to make Smash a fun great game.

Hong

The Strongest
Except:

It's terrible to tell a gamer to just "move on".

Many of us simply enjoy a specific genuine game experience, much like a lot of Street Fighter fans still play ST. It's a bit arrogant to think Melee players should just move to a new game because it's new. I still play Smash Bros 64 regularly with my crew because we enjoy it, and all of us are looking forward to Smash 4, and all of us enjoy every entry in the series because they all offer something unique. Melee players who are not looking forward to Smash 4 are a minority. At the very least Project M is a testament to how enthusiastic the fanbase is to create something so ambitious.

And honestly within a week of playing the game, the cast will be vastly inconsequential to the average player, as everyone will gravitate to which ever character they enjoy most.

Last edited:

josh bones

Smash Lord
Except:

That's horrible thinking. People like STreet fighter 3 more than 2, marvel 3 more than 2. Should everyone play sonic 06 instead of classic sonic cause of rececy?

Kaye Cruiser

Waveshocker Sigma
NNID
KayeCruiser
Switch FC
0740-7501-7043
Where's the "Who gives a ****" option?

I'll shrug it off and play something else.

I will say that there should be a "Then the Wii U is doomed" option, just for the lulz. ¦D

Muster

Smash Lord
NNID
Muster
3DS FC
3454-0690-6658
If it was cancelled i'd probably just boohoo that i didn't get to play as mega man and go back to project M/MK8

If it is L cancelled i will cheer for joy because it will take only half of the rest of the development time.

Top Bottom