• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

If Samus had a shine... (not a serious thread, maybe)

pizzacato

Smash Ace
Slippi.gg
coda#0
NNID
Pizzacato
I've talked with so many of my friends in the DFW, TX area about if our characters had a shine.
What would Samus's be and which input would it be mapped to if she were to have one integrated?

I was thinking a mechanic where the DownB was different if executed on the ground than in the air... maybe.
Basically, what if the bomb on the first couple frames had a large-ass hit box, (The duration and size of a spacie shine) and still popped you up for the SWD tech to still be available. AND you have the ability to wavedash from the initial pop-up to be able to follow up, even if the "shine" never hits; kind of like jump canceling a spacie shine, but wavedash canceling. It would be used like the bomb pressure video. In the air, it may be better for it to not work with as big of a hit box...., because of possible danger for it to explode and missing a bomb jump.

No, but seriously. The possibilities...

What ideas would you guys have?

Last edited:

CyberMario

Settle It
3DS FC
3351-4726-1926
Naw, the screw attack would be the shine. Just add some invincibility, ability to more screw attacks after the first during the fall animation, annnnd there's your shine.

pizzacato

Smash Ace
Slippi.gg
coda#0
NNID
Pizzacato
Mann, having the actual screw attack from the Metroid games would make Samus a broken character, easily. I'd love it.

As for the shine, I could see that. Like Snakes?

Litt

Samus
#inb4 KLit

SORRY IF IT WAS ALREADY SUGGESTED BEFORE
BAHAHHAHAHAH <3 pizzacato, sorry but if anything, just speed up the number of frames for the bomb to come out on, so you can have multiple bombhits on shield and then wavedash back to the ground to kill an opponents shield. You wouldn't need to make samus more like another character but just change the limit on speed and creativity of characters like I suggested, you could call it multi bombing on sheild, like muli shines. Just a thought though.

Litt

Samus
Hahhahah yeah, that was what I was indeed hinting at, but 2-3 bombs at a time before wding back to ground because just after the first wd back the pressure is over and you are back in a semi bad position.

Narpas_sword

^ That sounds way too OP.........

depends how it works.

If you give up your charge for either a charge shot, or 5 bombs that are spread over the distance of a WD, they seem fairly even in power.

Unless the way it is implemented causes a serious imbalance. If it's equal in use/power to the charge shot, it would seem a fair trade.
Would want a deliberate action to drop them though, not just if you morph while charged. Perhaps hitting something while crawling?

also needs spring ball (jump while crawl =p)

Litt

Samus
depends how it works.

If you give up your charge for either a charge shot, or 5 bombs that are spread over the distance of a WD, they seem fairly even in power.

Unless the way it is implemented causes a serious imbalance. If it's equal in use/power to the charge shot, it would seem a fair trade.
Would want a deliberate action to drop them though, not just if you morph while charged. Perhaps hitting something while crawling?

also needs spring ball (jump while crawl =p)
^ No... to just everything said here lol

Narpas_sword

nice bro, nice.
its a joke theory move topic, and you go with 'no'
**** your perception of conversation is hilarious.

how about contributing to the joke ideas topic as to why the joke ideas wont work?

because in your own style of words:
Why the **** did you post that? we all know that it's not going to happen.

Litt

Samus
(hey narpas this is a not serious thread, maybe) meaning he didnt want everyone to think he was completely serious, but if a viable option could come out of the discussion, by all means go for it...

If you want me to destroy each of your ridiclous ideas... as I have done in previous threads, I will by all means do so:
5 bombs that are spread over the distance of a WD... first and foremost... you cant do anything mid wavedash so if you were thinking about that as a mechanic, it wouldnt be possible for them to create... second, the mech as is, is pointless, anyone can just jump over the 5 bombs or run away for the time being... and then you wasted a charge. You don't need a spring jump out of crawl... because this isnt metroid... this super smash bros, stop adding new mechanics to samus... because she already has too freaking many... 2 movesets (fire/ice) x 3 different means of movement (wavedashing, running, crawling) = a very expansive metagame and any more would be even more over the top and unnecessary. Just because something would be cool, and I agree... spring jump is cool... its just not ****ing feasible...

NOW SERIOUSLY GET YOUR HEAD OUT OF YOUR ASS, YOU ARE SUPER NEW TO THE GAME/SMASHBOARDS, STOP ACTING AS IF EVERYTHING YOU SAY WARRANTS ATTENTION, SO FAR IT HAS BEEN ALL CRAP AND I HAVE BEEN NICE ENOUGH TO RESPOND TO YOU, THE LEAST YOU COULD DO IS SHOW RESPECT THAT YOU ARE BEING ACKNOWLEDGED SERIOUSLY

Last edited:

Litt

Samus
The only thing that I could possible extract from what you said would be to take the charge and allow 2-5 1 frame bomb releases, so you could essentially multi bomb and kill an opponents shield, or mulit bomb jump with the super fast bombs to gain altitude off stage. Other than that, nothing you mentioned could ever be implemented, and I seriously think you need to gain a better grasp of the game before suggesting more ideas (and expecting others to take you seriously)

pizzacato

Smash Ace
Slippi.gg
coda#0
NNID
Pizzacato
Ehhh, but that's what this post was, just funny ass ideas. Playing Smash bros. with ALL of Super Metroid Samus, would be intense. lolol

Litt

Samus
Narpas_sword, I will now block you from my account, hope that was worth never getting help ^_^

KoRLumen

Smash Journeyman
NNID
KoRLumen
3DS FC
3437-3066-8679
The whole charge -> five bombs reminds me of missiles. Couldn't you charge your missiles to shoot like 5 homing missiles at the same time in one of the games? If anything, I'd want to see that over the bombs baahaha.

Not for making Samus better.

Just for teh lulz.

pizzacato

Smash Ace
Slippi.gg
coda#0
NNID
Pizzacato
What if she had the spider crawl to recover from the walls of stages like Final Destination, Fountain of Dreams, Castlevania, and the such.
Can you say "Broken"?

Litt

Samus
yeah... that literally would be broken xD, it would be like ledge stalling for 8 min xD

ph00tbag

C(ϾᶘϿ)Ͻ
Make it so that she can only do it for like two or three seconds and she has to land on stage to replenish it.

Not that I really support it in the case of Samus, but it wouldn't be too difficult to balance, I'd say.

ask_thedoctor

Smash Rookie
Best way to break Samus: 5 bomb drop, Space Jump w/Screw Attack, and Wave + Plasma Beam. Love that Spiderball idea—Pit and Metaknight could eat their hearts out with their understate antics. How fun would it be to have her shots go through everything and still give 26% damage? Oh well...

KoRLumen

Smash Journeyman
NNID
KoRLumen
3DS FC
3437-3066-8679
Best way to break Samus: 5 bomb drop, Space Jump w/Screw Attack, and Wave + Plasma Beam. Love that Spiderball idea—Pit and Metaknight could eat their hearts out with their understate antics. How fun would it be to have her shots go through everything and still give 26% damage? Oh well...
+ Annihilator Beam. Auto-homing, fast fire-rate, and that sonic boom.

pizzacato

Smash Ace
Slippi.gg
coda#0
NNID
Pizzacato
What would you guys say to bringing back the taunt mechanic to switch to Zero Suit? Maybe even support a similar transformation transition that goes back and forth like Zelda/Sheik.
Lol

KoRLumen

Smash Journeyman
NNID
KoRLumen
3DS FC
3437-3066-8679
What would you guys say to bringing back the taunt mechanic to switch to Zero Suit? Maybe even support a similar transformation transition that goes back and forth like Zelda/Sheik.
Lol
I would support only if you can transform back into Samus from Zero Suit haha. And not via final smash =_=

pizzacato

Smash Ace
Slippi.gg
coda#0
NNID
Pizzacato
Exactly! back and forth with EASE... for it to be as easy as up taunt/ downtaunt in a 30 frame window to activate it. And for it to be usable through both characters. O0Ooo0oo00OOo0

Litt

Samus
^ that would make samus OP lol, i'm all down for it, cuz then I would learn the ZSS, and Ice for all match ups, and **** if you aren't doing well in any one form, just switch it up mid match xD

Litt

Samus
Is there anyway way to use bomb shield pressure like that without TAS?
I mean, yes and no, in melee theoretically would need to get 2 bombs out on the opponents shield to be able to wd back to the ground and lay another one, so they wouldn't be able to escape it hitstun wise, otherwise if you just do one bomb and wd back into another bomb, its not safe pressure at all and they can just nair OoS, roll away, or just take the hit of the bomb, CC it into another attack of theirs. The only practical use of this tech is to do it on their shield once or twice to tell them, "don't you dare try and stay in your shield in this MU because I will destroy your shield with my bombs." but after you have done it once you an opponent in shield, they will most likely be more agro towards you or play a lot more defensively but without as much shield use.

Litt

Samus
If only the activation hit box was bigger... I swear Samus would be the most technical character then, and more viable.
Well here is the thing, bombs dont explode on shield unless you get it on the shielded hitbox of the opponent, so in PM its technically a harder tech to do than melee. As for the size of the activation hit box is not the issue here, there are only a few things you could do to make this tech viable, which would be increase the amount of shield stun when both the bomb and its explosion hit on shield, so it gives samus more time to wd back to the center of their mass and bomb again, another option to change would be to just simply shorten the time it is required for a bomb to come out, so we could get 2 bombs out in the same time as one when they do explode on shield, so it doubles the hit stun the opponent is in and gives samus time to wd back to ground into another option for safe pressure

Litt

Samus
Yes definitely more shieldstun, bombs do no real threatening pressure and it's annoying.
Well they do drain shields really fast in comparison to the actual damage they do, you get 2 off on their shield, they are in danger of it being broken with a charge shot or a fsmash, so it is pretty threatening, just not currently that viable.

Top Bottom