• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

If Marvel vs. Capcom 4 were to happen...

zeldasmash

Smash Lord
I'm not sure about you guys, but i'd really like to see a new installment into the Marvel vs. Capcom series. While i did enjoy Ultimate Marvel vs. Capcom 3 a whole lot (Wesker, Iron Man, Akuma being my main trio), i wanna see how far Capcom or Marvel can do with a new installment considering how big Marvel is now compared to back then (they still were big, but not this big).

Here's my attempt at a boxart for MVC4 and even made a roster for fun. What do you guys think and what ideas would you implement if MVC4 were to ever happen?

MVC4.png

MVC4 Roster Full.png

Last edited:

AZ_Spellbound

Smash Journeyman
I'd like to see Lady from DMC, Blackheart, mvc2 Jill, amingo, phylocke, and tron make it in.
In honestly think capcom should do an all stars game that playa like mvc

Sari

Editing Staff
Writing Team
NNID
Villager49
Switch FC
SW-2215-0173-2152
It's hard to decide exactly which characters from each series should deserve to be in a crossover game. If a series has too many characters, it may make the crossover less as meaningful (for example I felt that MvC2, while still an enjoyable game, had way too many Street Fighter characters). If MvC4 were to happen, I feel that the SF characters should be:

Ryu (main character)
Chun-Li (one of the most iconic fighting game characters)
Akuma (hugely popular)
Bison (series most well-known villain)
Maybe one of the SFV newcomers though even then I'm not sure.

I may comment on the other Capcom series later.

zeldasmash

Smash Lord
It's hard to decide exactly which characters from each series should deserve to be in a crossover game. If a series has too many characters, it may make the crossover less as meaningful (for example I felt that MvC2, while still an enjoyable game, had way too many Street Fighter characters). If MvC4 were to happen, I feel that the SF characters should be:

Ryu (main character)
Chun-Li (one of the most iconic fighting game characters)
Akuma (hugely popular)
Bison (series most well-known villain)
Maybe one of the SFV newcomers though even then I'm not sure.

I may comment on the other Capcom series later.
I do agree with you that the MvC2 roster, while huge, lacks in variety.

28 Capcom characters: 12 of them are from Street Fighter (Ryu, Ken, Chun-Li, Cammy, Akuma, Bison, Dhalsim, Guile, Dan, Charlie, Sakura & Zangief)

28 Marvel characters, 18 of them are from the X-Men (Storm, Magneto, Cable, Sentinel, Cyclops, Rouge, Psylocke, Juggernaut, Gambit, Iceman, Silver Samurai, Spinal, Colossus, Sabretooth, Marrow, Omega Red and 2 versions of Wolverine).

It feels more like X-Men X Street Fighter with added guests.

This is something that Ultimate Marvel vs. Capcom 3 gets right, despite the absence of Mega Man.

Last edited:

DoomCake196

Smash Apprentice
I definitely want more street fighter representatives, juri and gief probably, and every mcu character would help the sales. Since marvel won't allow many xmen characters if any at all, I just want wolverine and sentinel.

dezeray112

Smash Hero
Both Capcom and Marvel have a very huge library of characters they can use. I still pretty much enjoyed playing Phoenix Wright within UMvC3 still.

Anyways, I think realistically, we could get MvC4 maybe around 2018 would be my guess.

Pachinkosam

I have no friends, Im dead inside
I hope Marvel and Capcom make another contract but Disney needs to get involved i heard Disney bought Marvel if im mistaking.

zeldasmash

Smash Lord
Here is an image i made with the my roster for what i wish to be MVC4, in sprite form (with 6 more characters: Green Goblin, Taskmaster, Doc Ock, Guile, Hunter & Akechi).

dezeray112

Smash Hero
Also here are the things I would love to see in MvC4:

-Story Mode - Cinematic style.
-Arcade Mode
-Survival Mode
-Time Attack Mode
-Multiplayer Mode
-Training
-Gallery

I just hope Capcom does not screw this up considering what they had done with Street Fighter V. But I'm sure they'll be able to possibly redeem themselves by then. Fingers crossed.

Top Bottom