• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

If Famitsu had given Brawl a low rating would you think any less of it?

Smash Ace
I'd shoot whoever gave it the bad rating...
and then buy 2 copies for good measure.

=2007=

Ced The Lad

Smash Apprentice
Ratings bear no relevance to me in terms of games even if they were my favorites. However, I've said many times before that I prefer my favorite games to get high scores in reviews just to draw in the casual and potential new fans to the game. More copies sold means more business for the developers which should mean the continued lifespan of those said games.

Regardless though, it looks like I don't have to worry about Brawl in this regard. This game will be epic and thus critically acclaimed by many. The future is bright!

mkmelee

Smash Lord
It'd definitely still get a nice score, but anything less than 38 would slightly disappoint me. I'm usually not one to solely go by what other's say, but I do appreciate good reviews when its well deserved.

Gundo

Smash Apprentice
I would think less highly of Brawl, But I'll still buy it anyways. Now to just hear what the other reviewers say... even though I dont care, I just like to see the vids :)

bobwaffles

Smash Apprentice
I honestly didn't expect 40/40. I would have thought that reviewers would nitpick everything. I'm extremely happy with the score, but even if it had gotten a lower score, even abnormally low, I wouldn't care much.

ZeldaFox38

Smash Lord
People talking is the reason I hate Halo. (Also, xBox 360s tend to malfunction when I am around . . .)

Frankly, I wouldn't care. I mean, I've come to realize that I've probably put someone's kids through college with all the Nintendo games I have. I'd get it anyway.

Besides, even if it was bad, you can still have fun with a bad game. (Quest 64, anybody?)

JayceMJ

Smash Apprentice
I live on underrated games. But I would be disappointed if Brawl had gotten a bad score. I'd still get it but I'd have much lower expectations after a bad review, possibly making the game better for me. If it became pretty consistent between reviewers I'd lower my expectations even more.

WeeklyJumpman

Smash Journeyman
No, of course it'd still be awesome to me.

Reviews don't matter; my review is what counts to me.

I'mean, Famitsu gave Final Fantasy XII 40/40, and that was one of the stupidest games I've ever played, with a bogus plot and poor use of characters to match.

Nonetheless, I am glad when Famitsu give an actually good game it's props.
Brawl, Ocarina of Time, and Wind Waker were good choices for 40/40.

agag19

Smash Rookie
This is one of the few games that I can honestly say No about reviewers influencing me in a negative way. This will be the game of the decade IMO.

By the way, this is my first post as you can tell. I used to just lurk around here because of the great information and sticky threads but, now I've decided to start posting. So nice to meet you guys. I post over on the IGN smash boards quite often under the same user name. I hope to be brawling against anyone and everyone in the near future.

WeeklyJumpman

Smash Journeyman
Did you play the whole game like I did?

Two of your party members were utterly useless throughout the whole game (I won't mention which ones), and the final boss and ending were pitiful. It felt like a waste of time and I earned nothing, not even merit. My brother played the whole game and felt the exact same way.

It was interesting in the beginning (playing differently than other FFs, Hunts, etc), but you could just do the same thing over and over and over to beat each and any enemy. I wasted 70 hours in my opinion.

SmashBro99

Smash Champion
3DS FC
4957-2747-2945
I don't use reviews as a reason to buy or not buy a game.

But it got a perfect score so I'm expecting an amazing experience.

Mr. M

Smash Journeyman
Pensacola, FL Wargh! King Dedede, how dare you be
Now that you say THAT...

Did you play the whole game like I did?

Two of your party members were utterly useless throughout the whole game (I won't mention which ones), and the final boss and ending were pitiful. It felt like a waste of time and I earned nothing, not even merit. My brother played the whole game and felt the exact same way.

It was interesting in the beginning (playing differently than other FFs, Hunts, etc), but you could just do the same thing over and over and over to beat each and any enemy. I wasted 70 hours in my opinion.
Oh, hm. Good point. No, I haven't beaten the game yet. I'm around the part when you find out about the Dawn Shard and such from the Indian bird guys. About to go to a forest where I have to fight a dragon with Larsa. :laugh: Or so my friend says.

Hm, I was starting to get that feeling as I was playing. I might just stop. Most jRPGs are no fun to me anymore. Western RPGs ftw. :psycho:

Top Bottom