• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

If a Shulk is in battle SWALLOW HIM AT ALL COST

NefariousShyGuy

Smash Apprentice
NNID
NefariousShyGuy
3DS FC
3609-1047-1128
Kirby gets the monado and can use it to powerup his WHOLE MOVESET.

KRBAY

Smash Journeyman
NNID
SSBBSonic
3DS FC
0774-4477-0228
Daaaang....

Nintendrone

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Nintendrone42
3DS FC
2535-3781-8442
Switch FC
SW 3369 4102 5813
I saw that on ZeRo's stream. Jump Kirby is so glorious.

Kero the Invincible

Smash Apprentice
Holy 'karp Jump Kirby. I'd never even thought of that.

Also, since Kirby doesn't appear to announce his selection to the world like Shulk does, Kirby's Monado might just be marginally better than his....

Last edited:

kirby_queen

Smash Lord
This is so exciting. I want to see a really good Shulk vs Kirby now with Kirby using that special. See how he plays.

WingedKnight

Smash Ace
I suppose it isn't too surprising that this is how the copy ability works for Shulk, but it looks like a lot of fun to use!

Shulk and Kirby might make for really good teams in doubles, both being able to alternate Monado arts if you inhale your partner.

Hitzel

Smash Ace
Wow. I had figured that Kirby would get another one of Shulk's moves (like when he copies Olimar) because I was assuming that Monando powers wouldn't be considered a possibility for a Kirby power... I was wrong.

Agent Emerald

Smash Journeyman
I think one of the greatest potential uses for Monado arts isn't for those crazy jumps, but for Monado Shield. Kirby has always had a history of getting Ko'd at relativly low percents (not to mention in this matchup Shulk can pull out monado smash at any time) So being able to survive at higher percents is a major boon for Kirby.

Jgod

Smash Cadet
If you are facing Shulk. The only reason you want Monado arts is to run your ass into Shield. If you enter anything else you are dead. Smash Shulk could probably K.O smash Kirby at 40% if not 20.

Last edited:

GrnFzzTgr

Smash Journeyman
NNID
GrnFzzTgr
3DS FC
4425-1713-9059
I agree with the guy above, I've gotten the best results by using shield and speed on Kirby, both stats patch up weaknesses Kirby already has. Which are him being launched easily and medicore movement speed. Jump, though it increase Kirby jump height, is makes Kirby even more vulnerable to launching, which is something you don't want. I'd only use it to recover, to change your position when returning to the stage. Smash is probably best for finishers. Buster I'm not sure about, might be good for early on since Kirby is combo centric.

Last edited:

kirby_queen

Smash Lord
Could Kirby swallow Shulk in a team match? It'd be cool if they made a badass team battle pair....

SmileyStation

Smash Journeyman
Could Kirby swallow Shulk in a team match? It'd be cool if they made a badass team battle pair....
Yes you can swallow teammates in a match. Alot of kirby mains where im from use to swallow samus mains on a stock kill cause its just too good for example.

kunimitsu877

Smash Apprentice
kirbys awesome and kirby shulk well the abilitys are nice anyways im not sure why people including a good friend of mine wiidude83rebirth says kirby is the worst in melee sorry to say but i just dont see it

Plain Yogurt

Smash Ace
Shulk is looking like a solid matchup for Kirby. I played a Shulk today and half of his counters missed because Kirby's too short during some of his moves. Adding this and Monado Art lag canceling and Kirby being a mostly quicker character and it sounds like he's got it made for that matchup.

Envioux

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Envioux
monado cancelling with kirby is so fun. kirby does it better than shulk imo.

da K.I.D.

Smash Hero
Jump mode also lets kirby chain up airs to the top of the screen, when you do it right its an ininescapable combo

KenMeister

Smash Lord
NNID
KenMeister
3DS FC
3609-1224-8364
What a weird way to throw the matchup in Kirby's favor. lol

LunarWingCloud

Smash Lord
NNID
LunarWingStorm
3DS FC
2449-4791-3879
Also Kirby with the Monado and saying all the different modes is the most adorable thing ever.

Daxter

Smash Journeyman
NNID
DaxterD
3DS FC
1289-9356-8058
Kirby + "Jump" = WHEEEEEE!
Kirby + "Speed" = WHEEEEE!
Kirby + Shield = REAALLLLLY wish I didn't do that..!

Pepto

Smash Cadet
That's been my doubles team since before the game even came out. I'm the Shulk, so my Kirby is pretty bad, but from what I've seen, Jump, Buster, Speed, and Smash, in that order, are all great. Shield kills your mobility so drastically that it's not worth it, especially when Kirby is so hard to hit anyway. General advise:

You can switch arts during hitstun. It's surprising how many Shulks don't know that.

Spam b three times to cancel whatever art you're on and return to Vanilla (neutral) Kirby. This is really important for Speed and Shield, which destroy your jump height. If you're knocked off the stage on Speed or Shield, lose it immediately, and if needed, spam it four times to get to Jump.

Don't forget that the inhale is an attack. It does about 20%, and we've actually killed with it. It's a good bait for people trying to interrupt the copy.

Kirby's f throw combos beautifully into Shulk's usmash. If Shulk is in Smash, it can kill around 70% (depends on the character/Shulk's rage/amount of charge, but the potential is there).

TheLetsPlayGhost

Smash Rookie
I get so happy when running into a Shulk online while playing as Kirby. It's so much fun to mess around with Kirby's stats and see what you can conjure up with him. This usually just results in me messing around rather than trying to have a serious fight.

Top Bottom